Logic Channels

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hi,

Didn't see this mentioned before, though could have missed it.

To help make logic systems somewhat smaller, I'd like to request the ability to assign channels, either colors or frequencies, to logic blocks within a system, and the addition of a new "logic trunk" block. I could then send a signal from a button set to "white" through the trunk block, to a second trunk block, then to a receiver button/activator/wireless, also set "white". This would allow smaller ships to have various different logic signal systems utilizing the same central blocks for transmitting through a ship. Much akin to a cable bundle, if you will.

Reactions: Valck
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The Wireless frequencies thing is more like broadcast channels on 802.11 standards, whereas this suggestion is essentially VLANs in a switched 802.3 network.

Both could work, and each would have its place, but the wireless suggestion might be easier for the devs to make, at least first.

Wireless frequencies would be best for controlling the logic of multiple disparate entities or docked components, while this suggestion allows for carrying multiple signals along one entity without bleeding them into other, nearby ships that are set to the same channel (such as multiple vessels of the same blueprint in a fleet).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Both suggestions are already functional in mods in another cubic building/survival game I've played. Actually seeing the wireless frequency thread, and having issues with a crap ton of logic on a smaller ship I'm designing prompted my post. :)