Logic Beam Emitters

Reaction score
    recently i tried to build a flexible hangar system that arranges parasites into free hangar bays.

but then i found that i couldnt launch individual fighters from their bays without having to bind wireless modules to each other manually beforehand.

so i thought: why is there no logic-able "core" beam emitter?

a component that emits a beam that can trigger logic across constructs and can itself be triggered by logic.

just line 'em up and push the button to transfer a logic signal across constructs.

thoughts?

Reactions: Karride
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    recently i tried to build a flexible hangar system that arranges parasites into free hangar bays.

but then i found that i couldnt launch individual fighters from their bays without having to bind wireless modules to each other manually beforehand.

so i thought: why is there no logic-able "core" beam emitter?

a component that emits a beam that can trigger logic across constructs and can itself be triggered by logic.

just line 'em up and push the button to transfer a logic signal across constructs.

thoughts?

Hmmm, I like it!

Napther

Grumpy builder of Kaiju Design Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Launching fighters from within the mothership shouldnt require wireless, even to launch them individually. The wireless is only useful to a manual launch from within 1 fighter to toggle the doors, and the rail blcks docked to launch it out.

The work around to this is, if you are planning to pilot them, having both a button in a control room to launch that fighter with 1 other person present, or, place a button near to where you board the ship and its core, link that up to a few delays and after a few seconds, automatically launches the fighter out.

Currently we already have the core beam, this core beam can toggle logic that it hits with a left and right click and even open and close plex/glass/blast/forcefield doors. And we also already have the wireless logic block, which can be toggled using an inner ship remote linked to it, and a button. Once you have set them up the first time, that should be the last time you do them unless you change the ship or its logic. Currently there is a wireless bug that unlinks modules which is a pain, and thus far cannot be reproduced to find its fix.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    I'm all for making things logic-triggered. If it does not make something OP get a link on it. I want to trigger my med-cabinet to launch pill bottles on logic and where is my USB-ready Yhole?

Seriously, there are a ton of cool, subtle things you could link-for-effect using logic. Examples:

-Add a switchable back-light to decorative computer-panels.
    -Make the animation on groups of blocks switchable. (Especially fans and Jump modules or other nausea-inducing animations)
    -Make the visibility of logic pipes switchable.
    -Make the bloom-effect switchable on a per-block basis...via logic.

Reaction score
    Launching fighters from within the mothership shouldnt require wireless, even to launch them individually. The wireless is only useful to a manual launch from within 1 fighter to toggle the doors, and the rail blcks docked to launch it out.

The work around to this is, if you are planning to pilot them, having both a button in a control room to launch that fighter with 1 other person present, or, place a button near to where you board the ship and its core, link that up to a few delays and after a few seconds, automatically launches the fighter out.

Currently we already have the core beam, this core beam can toggle logic that it hits with a left and right click and even open and close plex/glass/blast/forcefield doors. And we also already have the wireless logic block, which can be toggled using an inner ship remote linked to it, and a button. Once you have set them up the first time, that should be the last time you do them unless you change the ship or its logic. Currently there is a wireless bug that unlinks modules which is a pain, and thus far cannot be reproduced to find its fix.

and all the things you listed are a pain to use because i'd have to place buttons somewhere where i can reach them with the core beam with my parasite docked or need some manual intervention and "press the button and rush in" which is annoying as well.

and wireless blocks also dont work for the purpose because i'd have to relink them everytime when my ship is in another hangar.

Napther

Grumpy builder of Kaiju Design Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    and all the things you listed are a pain to use because i'd have to place buttons somewhere where i can reach them with the core beam with my parasite docked or need some manual intervention and "press the button and rush in" which is annoying as well.

and wireless blocks also dont work for the purpose because i'd have to relink them everytime when my ship is in another hangar.
    In which case, make sure you put the thing back into the right hanger. Im pretty sure there are ways based on detecting where your astronaut is inside the ship to determine which fighter you wanted launched out via wireless. IE, Trigger area on the area where you enter the cockpit.

Reaction score
    Well I would like an inbuilt contact docker on a core. So you can core beam all the doors etc all your way to the bridge and then dock to your seat and down arrow into your ship.

Btw a solution to your hanger issue maybe is this. Hook a button to the rail they are docked onto, triggering the button with your core beam will undock them. Above the dock point have a pickup point that via green rails moves them where you want.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    There's a very simple way to do this without wireless logic. I've got it on a test carrier. >.>