Logic activated defensive effects

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    For quite a while now we have had some passive effects that were could be turned on with logic like push and pull. However we don't seem to have the functionality for ion, punch and pierce. Could we have those defensive effects made so they can be activated by logic. This would allow you to build some interesting defensive effects that would also work on:

Player Stations
    NPC ships/stations
    Drones or fleets
    Armoured Turrets or modular armour or shield systems.

Its been listed as a bug for quite a while now (T382). Since its been there so long I'm starting to think it was meant to work that way. If so then this is a suggestion to change it since there are so going to be many uses for those effects.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I'd like this too, maybe a block to signal when a ship takes fire, and one to signal when enemies are in radar range.

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Seems like the general consensus is that it would unbalance drones
    but like, Fleet AI has always been able to hold every effect since it came out so long as you stay online (no matter where you send them)
    So I don't think this is an issue anymore and that it should be a regular/obvious feature, unless that's something unintended (does have weird dynamics with other passive systems that I don't think would be intended)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Personally, I would also like to see the radar jammer and cloaker become logic activatable someday as well...

Reaction score
    Seems like the general consensus is that it would unbalance drones
    ... I hate sounding quite this stupid, but as drones really aren't "balanced" to begin with, (they're deadly beyond belief if your ship isn't built explicitly for swatting them) how would enabling Ion, Punch, and Peirce logic activation "un-balance" them?

By making them hardy-er? Most of the drones I've seen fit the "disposable" checkbox by not having expensive* passive effect systems, that didn't even work yet. (*in either credit or resource cost)
    The rare few I've met that did have passive effect modules, were quick-and-dirty conversions of manned fightercraft, where the creator simply missed a module on teardown.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Lord_Greyscale makes a good point. Drones are very very much nerfed to begin with. Add to it drones going full derp against anyone with lock-ons and a radar jammer they need to be greatly improved to 'balance' the game.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1

... I hate sounding quite this stupid, but as drones really aren't "balanced" to begin with, (they're deadly beyond belief if your ship isn't built explicitly for swatting them) how would enabling Ion, Punch, and Peirce logic activation "un-balance" them?

By making them hardy-er? Most of the drones I've seen fit the "disposable" checkbox by not having expensive* passive effect systems, that didn't even work yet. (*in either credit or resource cost)
    The rare few I've met that did have passive effect modules, were quick-and-dirty conversions of manned fightercraft, where the creator simply missed a module on teardown.
    If you hate sounding like it...
    Look I was obviously pointing out that they should be able to have effects, that doesn't take much reading comprehension.
    Yes I agree with you whole-heartedly, please stop spitting food at me. Only issue I'd like to point out is where it stops, because like I said, fleet AI lets you do this as is right now, with any effect, including Jamming & Cloaking, which can be ridiculously cheesy.