Liquid Systems Nano Yard (LSNY)

Reaction score
    hehe yeah, if you could reasonably attach all those drones it'd be great. Sadly those docks would take days of time to fill. Racks are much more effective of course so yeah nobody would actually take that thing into combat. xP

Sooner or later I'll get around to building a drone carrier to rival keptick 's titan. My design plans are just taking forever, plus I've got a few other things in mind as well. ;) Once the plans are set in motion expect some photos and maybe some sketches if I get around to uploading them.
    i'll try to send you an image filled with the ideas i had for hidden turrets/drones, compact hangars, ect, using rotators and racks. one notable one was rows of hidden turrets poping out of fronts and side, while shooting out drones FROM THE SAME DOORS, and wings filled with turrets that fold out from the sides to reveal their deadly cargos of drones.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    hehe yeah, if you could reasonably attach all those drones it'd be great. Sadly those docks would take days of time to fill. Racks are much more effective of course so yeah nobody would actually take that thing into combat. xP

Sooner or later I'll get around to building a drone carrier to rival keptick 's titan. My design plans are just taking forever, plus I've got a few other things in mind as well. ;) Once the plans are set in motion expect some photos and maybe some sketches if I get around to uploading them.
    I'd just like to mention that the drones on my titan are just a little extra for fun, it's not a dedicated carrier. So making something that can carry as many drones really wouldn't be too bad.

Unless of course you meant something that could fight my titan. If that's the case, than h*ly shit the amount of drones that'd take XD.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'd just like to mention that the drones on my titan are just a little extra for fun, it's not a dedicated carrier. So making something that can carry as many drones really wouldn't be too bad.

Unless of course you meant something that could fight my titan. If that's the case, than h*ly shit the amount of drones that'd take XD.
    I meant the latter and I've been secretly counting how many it'd take... the number is... yah. Really high. Currently @ 1200 drones. x_X

Hoping I could make a battleship that could launch about half that and then go toe to toe at a distance with the Charon. It'd need support though, but that's what the 1 million DPS brusier cruisers I'm developing are for. x)

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Depends, 2 of these should have enough firepower to take servers down, imagine 6 of them from all directions :eek:
    And you'd only need to fill all slots once, and there is a docking trick, that allows you to dock a single ship, and then you just need to modify the meta-file :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Depends, 2 of these should have enough firepower to take servers down, imagine 6 of them from all directions :eek:
    And you'd only need to fill all slots once, and there is a docking trick, that allows you to dock a single ship, and then you just need to modify the meta-file :p
    I think if I saw one of these on my server I'd probably banish it to the nether regions of my trash bin before anyone could try to use it. <_< it's just that boss...

Sans meta-file trick though, it would take like a week to dock all those drones. However it is nice to know I can load up my larger drone racks much more quickly now by using that trick. =)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Some pictures of my next Work In Progress...

Shown here alongside the Plateau for reference

There's a tiny model version of it inside the center area, highlighted here in blue...

The goal is to make a heavier drone carrier than the usual ones I have lying about. It takes inspiration from the Wisp and Dragonfly as they're my latest designs. So far just the current framework takes about 189 blocks wide, 119 blocks long, and something like 90 blocks tall. It should in theory house about 120 medium sized drones, possibly more as I have yet to get around to building the racks.

In other news, the plateau nearby is going to be refitted soon. A planned list of changes include;
    • New thrusters, cause the current ones were a 2 minute slap together thing
    • No more Aphids, instead there will be a pair of Gauntlet FCS for anti-missile ops
    • Front turrets will be swapped for Ion Cannons to help against heavy shielding
    • Modules will be fitted along the underbelly docks as they were originally intended
    • Interior, maybe, probably not though. It'd move around alot of systems currently.

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Update: The new ship is coming along nicely, the outer shell is mostly finished now and the drone racks are ready to be filled.

The racks shown here have 60! Slots for medium sized drones.

A clearer view of the hangar(WIP)

The total drone count for this beasty shall be 120 wisps/dragonflys!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So... updates!

Now holds 6 Scorpion AMS parasite drones as opposed to 9.

This was because 9 got messy and the whole setup was just clunky. 6 Is still pretty good on coverage and a little more spread out. So fewer shots will hit other AMS turrets.

A new Central Control tower provides the Gauntlet with a potent Ion Reductor field that will reduce incoming damage by 60%. Note: must be manually activated before it will turn on. Logic circuits will NOT activate it... I tried, sorry guys.

New docking clamps that will release whenever an M3 module is undocked.

Note: the bottom hazard wedges of each clamp were replaced with plex doors to actually "release" This was a collision thing and I couldn't be bothered to redo a perfectly usable pic for just a minor change.

New forward turrets swap out lock-on for rapid fire missiles!

The new sides of the Plateau showing all the new entities it carries.

More work will continue on the plateau. The sides are going to get a beautification pass and the engines will most likely be totally redone to use the newer thruster designs I have. On top of this it now sports a no-build-mode launch sequence for the M3 Launch Pads that are attached! Simply enter the weapon menu and select any of the Fixed docking modules that are size 9. Those are the M3 module docks, the 32's are actually the Gauntlet FCS'.

Having said that, there's also a button that will do the same thing inside the ship. Either way the docks are all linked to detach->activate the M3's->release the clamps. This will allow a small herd of drones(8+4 M3s) to help support the ship in it's fight.

All in all this is a great advancement on an older design that really needed some help. This update will hopefully be under Community Content by tonight, At latest I hope tomorrow afternoon... depends on how picky I get on the thrusters...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So there is a new working profile for the plateau, shown below.

This latest update moves the Gauntlet FCS forward a bit to provide a more clear shot at incoming missiles. In addition to this I added 6 new turrets each being power stable and dealing 20k damage per shot. They also look pretty good bumped up against each other. Since I didn't have any space left over for shields I'll be adding an outside forcefield to protect these little monsters.

The original turrets are planned to be moved on top of the ship so they too have a clear shot.

Internally I am thinking of increasing the size of the core room, or at the least moving the doors forward a bit so they appear to be evenly spaced between the M3s.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    A Long over due update!

So earlier in the week I took some photos comparing the old vs new designs of the Plateau. You can see some of the differences in the following pics.

Progress here has halted a bit as I lack the inspiration needed to complete the back half of the ship. I figured I could push through it and try anyways but it just isn't happening right now, so instead I started to work on the corvette I want to dock to my new Heavy carrier!(Pictured above in previous posts)

New Corvette in progress!

I've blocked out the rough size of this little monster as you can see in scaffolding. It'll be an angular design from what I can tell so far, lots of sharp edges and what have you. Weapons have been determined to be Missile - Cannons. I may make it smaller in the final production run, maybe.... depends on how it fits on the other ship.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    hi! :) nice ships you build! make more of these types! :D
    Thanks! :)

I'm currently working on the carrier right now, did a good bit of work, detail and otherwise, to the hangars. The outside needs a bit of love but for now I'm focusing on the interior. Once I have finished the main deck with bridge and all I'll start working on the exterior some more. Probably start with the engines since they'll be the toughest part.

Meanwhile I'm still working on said engines for the Plateau mk2...

Speaking of which, I combat tested the semi-complete Plateau mk2 vs Thalanor 's SCF Procyon Revision 6. The battle was quite a spectacle and it was pretty close right to the end. I ran the battle several times over just to be sure and it's about an even match in firepower! :p Out of 10 battles the Procyon was only sure to win if the drones never deployed from the Plateau. Once they deployed though it was a tough fight, each of which ran on for about 10-15 minutes.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    In the >5k mass ship class, drones begin to unfold their terrifying swarm behaviour (this law may just be exponential, e.g. a dedicated drone charon would wipe out all of EE) I guess if the first missile/beam after the shields are down doesn't hit a rack, or the heatseekers are not a good option due to allies or chaff / timed drone releases then all the captain of the frigate really can do is to show the interns the escape pods. :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    In the >5k mass ship class, drones begin to unfold their terrifying swarm behaviour (this law may just be exponential, e.g. a dedicated drone charon would wipe out all of EE) I guess if the first missile/beam after the shields are down doesn't hit a rack, or the heatseekers are not a good option due to allies or chaff / timed drone releases then all the captain of the frigate really can do is to show the interns the escape pods. :D
    that is one stingy captain if he only crews with interns lol.

yeah in the 5k range it's tough to crack a 20k shield when you've got 8+ of said shields in all different directions.

to be honest though the plateau only carries about 12 drones, 8 actual drones and 4 beam beam launch pads. to have observed such a dramatic difference in success with what I would barely call a swarm is kinda surprising. generally speaking swarms only work in numbers of 30+. I guess small swarms can work too. x)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Finally Imgur has stopped being a punk and let me upload the photos I took ages ago! These photos represent the hangar area of the new carrier design. Mind you, it's only the hangar area but still...

View straight on of the hangar

Close up of the sides

Struts holding the launch triggers

...these have since been reduced in size to allow a cleaner launch.

Back wall where the rack docks...

Close up of the diamond shapes

Outside the hangars, these structures "hold" the hangar bays

Inside the hallways lining the hangar...

The corner piece of the hallways..

Housing for the launch mechanism and rack docking mechanisms..

These unfinished halls will lead to the primary interior of the ship, for now they're lit up but nothing else is going on..

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    so I think its about time to redo the front page again. I'd go ahead and just do it but I'm at work for another 9 hours today.

in other news I've begun working on the engines for the new carrier. It also has a name now too...

The Canyon

it has a nice feel to it given the shape of the ship so far.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    dude, that drone carrier is looking good.
    Sort of I guess, having trouble getting some of the outer shapes to line up properly. =/ will take a lot of tweaking to get it to look halfway decent if I continue what I'm doing now. May just scrap the new stuff I've added tonight, it'd be a loss but I don't think I can make the current part work.

I'm talking not about whats in the pics though, that stuff is all set and good. I'm referring mostly to what you could call "nose" shapes. Meh, I'll see what happens tomorrow. :p Hopefully I'll come up with something decent and share a few more photos.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So the nose bits are here, I had a big long shpeel typed out but appearently it didn't take. So i'll make this one a quick and dirty version.

*Colors subject to change.

Even though grey/blue is easy on the eyes.

New nose bit! One on either side of the ships bow.

"Screw Locks" a new decor item that eliminates magi-welded corners... sort of

Fuel/power tunnels! They carry energy to the nose bits. Why? my 8-ball says: Try again later

More details will likely be added to the front of these structures, although the sides/back are pretty much set... unless I feel like wiping it clean at some point and trying a different approach.

Reactions: Megacrafter127
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Been busy today, despite having to work I still managed a fair amount of design. The ship now has details on the front and rear mounted thrusters. =)

The frontal filligree...

Rear mounted thrusters...

Frontal shot of the rear mounted thrusters...

Along with the main thrusters, there's also secondary thrusters!