Liquid Systems Nano Yard (LSNY)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Updates: Mangler may take a while longer, sorry folks. Laptop where I do my photo editing has no place to setup after the RL move.

Ocean update:

Things are coming along slowly as I have maybe one hour a day to work on this or anything else Starmade for that matter. But here's a few pics of the new docking mechanism.

Closed bridge

Open Bridge

It features a sliding bridge to complete the airlock but also give it a minimalist presence when not docked. Once its time for detailing it should become really impressive. =)

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I spent the morning today moving some things around my shipyard and doing some testing on the glade. Not much construction or design save for my little salvage ticks. The salvage tick is a prototype drone harvester designed to be used with my upgraded Prometheus. The goal is to have a salvage fleet with a carrier for storage and transit.

Some pics of the tick design...

In the photos you can see I've already stripped the boom and it's components off of the Prometheus it will eventually be replaced with some kind of launch and recover mechanism for these little dudes.

In other news here's a rough priority list of things to come.
    1. Pics and write-up for the Glade. After testing this morning it is ready for it's first release.
    2. Veld hangars are pretty much done just need to hook up the other 3 hangars and then detail them onto the ship itself. Then it's ready for it's next release!
    3. Prometheus - huge list of things left to do on this guy. New flight deck, the new launch/recovers, new logic systems and of course more greebling to make it all fit in.
    4. Ocean - taking a break for a bit as I've hit a design wall with the bridges. Yes plural, there is an upper bridge and a lower bridge planned. I need to argue with myself for a bit to determine how the heck that is going to work.
    5. Long over due updates and releases for the Locust and Palmetto.
    6. Updating of the CC section to show that cricket is now mothballed. Not to mention the numerous other ships that have dropped off the list. I may do all the updates and uploads at the same time just to get junk out of the way. >_<
    7. Other completely random stuff - like a newer razorback launcher. This may actually work out for the better on the Prometheus though so testing is of course required.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Quick but not so quick update:

Regarding the Glade, i'm going to wait until I have a substantial number of write-ups, edited photos, and things of that nature ready. This way I can do one big CC update instead of about 8 smaller ones.

The ocean is coming along nicely. I finished the main body of the cannon that will be attached to the ship itself. This cannon has a 2k range with 2.5 second recharge time and deals 259,000+ damage per shot. Not too shabby, and certainly enough to nuke most small vessels that are within range. It is going to be a fixed mount though, as making this behemoth a turret would likely be pointless. It'd turn just as quickly as the ship itself so why bother?

Other planned armaments for the ocean are two bi-cannon turrets both are mounted on top of the vessel.

Two hangars with 9 heavy drones each. These are being redesigned currently as I had a spiffy idea to have the hangar "unfold" and provide a nice shield for deploying drones, which would also be big enough to mount some AMS turrets.

The bottom Hangar turret is going to be streamlined a bit more to make it easier on me personally to build. The whole walkway thing is going away cause it would require too much time to design something that is both compatible and swappable. Which is the whole darn point anyways!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    What I've been working on today:

The main cannon for the Ocean...

Side view of power structure

The energy "collector" at the base of the cannon.

After viewing some of the other larger ships out there I feel like my main weapon here is rather weak. I'm planning on making it much larger and possibly increasing drone capacity as well. This should be my ship of the line, and I feel if it's not quite up to par then it falls short.

Thankfully only the front part of the ship is even close to being set in stone. So the back half of it should provide more than enough space to increase both firepower and defensive capacity.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So after some brainstorming and some hefty redesign work, I have a new core block that I'll be building the Ocean off of. Of course this means copying over the previous structures but not all of them will make the move... most actually, really just the previous core room won't... ehem.. Anyways here is the latest design I have working, it's in need of details but as long as the basic structure is there I can make a pass at it later. At this point I'd rather have SOMETHING in place all around, rather than nothing but a few high detail checkpoints.

The room itself needs some more lighting...

Below the core tower is some interesting lighting. Needs a bit more brightness to see it but the back lighting is still neat. :)

A view from directly underneath

The core tower itself with walkways. - Deployed!

Access DENIED!

An early gif of the bridge in action.

Over all I love this new design, it gives a secure feeling to the core pilot. Making them safe from boarding actions. I'll be adding more to this later, probably tomorrow morning. I plan on having an elevator so that is only access to the core when the bridges are retracted. Naturally it'll be heavily defended by APS turrets as well. >:D

once this block is complete it will be time to move some things around and add a few more walkways. Which I imagine are going to be a wee bit taller and wider overall. In addition I'm planning on several new rooms that I didn't have before to help fill in the RP space which is going to be considerably larger.

In total the mass was anticipated to be around 60k I'm thinking I'm going to be pushing closer to 250k probably more. One reason for that is I'm multiplying the number of blocks in the main gun by more than 10x. From 12k to 150k.

This push for size is mostly because I'm too lazy to make a ship bigger than this one.

Reactions: Scypio
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    After submitting an entry to the next season of drones wars I am slowly but surely continuing with my super sized ideas for the Ocean. In the pics below you can see alot of work has been done on engineering and not much remains besides detailing the walls and doing the ceiling/underfloor.

Brief overview

Reactors

Close up of reactor tanks - you may notice they're borrowed from the Glade x)

Engineering stations

Ground level view looking from core towards reactors. Note the raised platforms of the stations

Some wall supports these pylons allow both great back lighting and wonderful structural support

Another angle to show off the lighting effect

The new transporter pad - directly in front of the core.

This pad will have APS turrets nearby to disrupt intruders

Next project is creating a cargo area in front of the transporter pad. This area will have lifts to move Cargo pods up and down to/from the hangar directly above it. Said hangar will have a landing strip built for a new Palmetto Cargo ship. This hangar will be covered up and represent the upper most level of the Ocean. On top of it will probably reside a turret and behind it on the upper levels I have planned to add the built in Drone Hangars, which will be armed with my newest Gryllos mk3.

Gryllos mk3 -

This was a purely system based update. There's virtually nothing cosmetic that was changed on this update. I really only optimized the power supply (shaving off about 12 blocks), increasing total output by nearly 1k. Beyond that I used the extra space to increase the size of the cannon-damage pulse combos by said 12 blocks. This upped my burst damage to nearly 4k on those.

Only other change was combining the rapid fire cannons into 2 groups from 4, which saved over 1k power consumption per second. All of this was done without affecting shield capacity either which sits comfortably at 15k.

Not bad for a ship that is less than 75 mass. :)

That's about all I've got for you folks for now. Be sure to check out my energizing entry for Drone wars season 2! Feel free to leave feedback on the drones or the rack too!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Quick Post:

Have added hallways, extended the walls of the core area higher and I have added a neat cathedral style ceiling to the engineering area.

The reactor room remains untouched though, however I am thinking of placing the cargo area directly above that though. Placing it more forward would create some rather... bothersome problems with moving cargo pods about.

As of this post I'm starting work on the hangar for the Palmetto, mainly to lock down the load/unload part as that's the most difficult mechanism.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Did a little work on the Ocean today:

Also did some work here on the hangar for the Palmetto. The crane arm you can see here is what will (un)load the cargo pods and their cargo onto the ship.

Most of the major things coming up will revolve [hopefully], around the hangar. Once that piece is complete I'll have both the cargo area with the pods, and the area where I can load or unload cargo ships. I think it's probably going to be mostly loading, I don't imagine needing supplies anytime soon. I'll build an area for it but it's doubtful to be needed anytime soon. Loot on the other hand should be brought back to supply depots. :)

That said once the hangar is done very few bits need to be designed. I already have most of it sitting on the older nearby ship. Which you can see above I've been cannibalizing bits off of to glue onto the new ship. Soon enough it'll be time for the external details to come about. :D Pretty psyched about that, though it'll take forever since it's going to be pretty tough to snip pieces off of other ships, if I can manage that at all.

Reactions: Rumcajz and Scypio
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Quick update:

Working on the Ocean slowly but surely. For the most part I have the following things to do with the interior, once those are done I can move to the exterior.

• Palmetto Hangar and cargo area.
    • Link the above to the rest of the ship so you can reach it.
    • Finish moving over the other bits and pieces, including the dock which allows the ship to attach to stations.
    • Design and build the side hangars.

Note on the last one there, those are about 80% done. I need to reorganize a few things and space them out but otherwise I'm recycling previous designs so it shouldn't be terribly long to complete that design.

Some other notes;
    • Drone type has been chosen! I will be fielding a mixture of my new Gryllos Mk 3 and Kabuto RHO
    • Capacity is currently aiming for about 61 drones. 25 in the Turret, plus about 18 on either side. Pretty heavy duty for just a BB and not a carrier.
    • Main turrets are going to be a redesign of several earlier models. They will be more solid, single axis types as opposed to the usual dual axis turrets. Top mounted of course.
    • Primary onboard weapon is set to be almost 150k blocks in size. The estimated dps for this is around 750k.
    • I'm looking into using docked power supplies but making them is rather difficult so that may take a while.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Update on the Ocean:

I have been a busy little bee. There's quite a lot here but still so much more to go. An unbelievable amount of work remains on this ship. I could list things out but it'd probably make this already massive wall of info even more massive. So without further ado here are some pics.

These are main engines that will be placed at the back of the ship. It'll likely be one of a pair. With a higher set and a lower set.

The dockable reactors and the one of the primary gun turrets

The back end of the reactors will be exposed so they can be removed and replaced as needed.

The reactors dock onto these. They light up when a reactor has been docked.

One of several primary gun turrets. Planned two but I may add more. Each of these is packed with missile power. Damage per shot is over 870k.

Finally the hangar is almost halfway done. It has an entrance and exit now. All that remains up top is to do detail work and get some interior bits in place.

Under hangar still needs a ton of work though :/

"Reactor Core" is being slowly worked on. It's a bit too busy like this but I'm just trying to get so many things done its pretty low on the priority list.

Current Overview:

So the Ocean is moving in a direction. I still don't know WHAT direction, but A direction is happening. The outer parts of the hull are still completely up in the air. Planned dimensions are being estimated at about 300 length, 90+ height and 90+ width. Much of this will be filled as well. Once I get some more blocks in place I can lay down an outer shell over top of everything. Said shell will form the basic shape of the hull, I think I'll do that separately... honestly might be easier to do that up front at this point. Since I've already got several major external bits including engines and one of the hangars a shell could be made to incorporate those. I think I'll do that next. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Doing some more work on the Ocean of late. Have had several failed ideas but a few interesting ones as well. The list below goes over each in detail;
    • Turret Hangar has been scrapped. Why? It took up a lot of space that needed to be cleared so it could operate effectively. It basically had to be the sole point of interest on whatever side of the ship it occupied. I didn't really care for that because of how difficult it already is to build something that looks halfway decent. So instead the idea got split into two NEW ideas.

1) A new Turret which has hangars. This idea frees up some space in favor of having smaller hangars attached to a missile turret.
      I call it the calliope version 1. This will likely get another upgrade somewhere down the road, but for now it's fine. Works good too =) the missiles offer plenty of cover fire while the drones are launching.

2) The second idea is based off this...
      It's a stack-able hangar design that fits quite a few drones in a very space efficient manner. With some extra work and a bit of extra spacing it even improves pickup ability substantially over the previous turret Hangar. While this could also be a turret it, for now, will be a built in.

This box is about 73 wide by 93 long and only about 17~ blocks tall. However it holds 50 drones!
    After thought: Really no reason why this couldn't be a turret anyways I would just dock it on a single rail instead of a turret axis.
    • Each major area of the Ocean has been separated temporarily so that I may have an easier time of covering everything in armor.
    • The engine room has a more pleasant design to look at, but still needs some computers or something lying about.

• The Biome Area now has an entirely new look and feel to it. It's been completely rebuilt to be more armored space ship friendly. I didn't completely destroy the dome however. It's still awesome and I will eventually return to it for a future project. However a BB needs to have fewer exposed areas, which that was a little too exposed.

Lights on...

Lights off...

The apartments I designed earlier are still there, but just a single story now instead of two.

Reactions: Scypio
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Another month goes by and a whole bunch of things have come around. Here's a short-ish list of what's going on and has been done so far.
    • Kabuto update #1 - I had originally updated the Kabuto to include a docked shield generator as well as include further optimized engines and power usage.
      This update also includes weapons that are further optimized. A reduced number of launchers and computers moved further back and inwards for protection.
      However the total number of weapon blocks actually increased. So DPS increased overall while power consumption was reduced substantially (~20%).

• Kabuto update #2 - well seeing as how docked reactors/shield gens are on the way out I went ahead and replaced that setup as simply as possible by incorporating the blocks directly on the ship.
      The end result of both updates is a drone with better shield regen, power usage, and firepower. Overall a solid update to the Kabuto line of drones.

• Took a break from the Ocean. The main thing now is that I have to rework the engine setup. Originally I had planned for the main batteries to fire a weapon using about 3 mil energy per second. Since that's not gonna happen I need to rethink the entire damn thing = /

• Came up with a new carrier idea... This is a super carrier code named FOREST.

The forest carrier houses 200 Drones in four packed hangars using my double stuffed idea from before. It was originally meant to be entirely prefabricated in large blocks and then detailed. It's on the back burner right now as I'm using my laptop more than the PC where the Ocean and Forest are currently.

• Another Carrier Idea! This one does not yet have a codename...

A fairly new idea, this one uses a radiator shape to both launch and recover from the same direction (sort of a sideways U ). So far testing has proved.. A-Freaking-Mazing! The actual recovery is practically flawless. Generally recovery is a bumping and bouncing around for ten minutes thing, this recovery though has minimal bouncing and drones move into position with ease. Resulting in a very smooth recovery process.

It is not directly combat capable, no on-board weapons save for Anti-drone/fighter turrets and plentiful AMS. As a Fleet Carrier it stays back and fires off waves of drones. Unlike A lot of my ships I have no intention of making this an AI ship. It could certainly function that way but it won't be as useful unless a player pilots it.

Main reasoning for this is because of launching the drones at a long distance. The Ai would have to engage further out than what you'd normally be launching these drones at. Say around 8k or so, as the ship isn't designed for direct confrontation.

• Yet another carrier idea... these never seem to end.

This particular carrier is the opposite of the above. Its what I'm calling a Strike Carrier. The strike carrier is built solely as an AI craft intended to be used in an offensive fleet. As such I fully intend to skimp on the interior largely as it only needs a simple core layout. If I feel up to it I'll probably add some kind of access walkways or something throughout the ship.

Stats wise this will be a relatively small carrier. I'm only planning to include maybe a dozen or two drones. Otherwise the carrier will be mounting some relatively heavy weaponry for a carrier. In the end it should end up being a hybrid of carrier and destroyer.

• Plans for a destroyer have been laid out but nothing specific as of yet. Stat goals are really all I've got for this one but it's planned as an escort for the above AI carrier.

Weapons wise this DD will carry cannon-cannon combos or maybe pulse-cannon combos. I have yet to decide which, but I feel the damage pulse, while interesting, would be rather... insane. Regardless of choice as an AI ship I'll have to make sure the weapon isn't over draining the now restrictive energy supply available to the AI.
    Well that about does it for my short... list of things that are happening. Pics will come about whenever I get time to post again... hopefully soon but probably not until at least one of these projects shows some substantial progress.

TLDR?

Updated kabuto, it rocks even more socks now.
    3 new Carriers, 1 new DD, and BB is on hold for the time being.
    Also, taking inspiration from Starblazers 2199. Cause yeah.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Holy smokes, those look awesome! And you have sooo many things on the go. XD

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Forgot to mention last week I have been working on a retrofit of the Glade. Where it was once limited to launching only a single drone it can now launch all 6 at the same time. I also made the following changes;
    • Moved the CiC/Bridge room inside the ship for extra protection
    • The docking port was also moved to align with my new docking style seen on the ocean. No it doesn't move like that, but it'll be able to dock in the same places the Ocean could and vice versa.
    • Drones no longer recover -having to recover drones is a massive space sink. One that requires a large amount of forethought and planning that frankly isn't worth the effort for a meager 6 drones. As a rule of thumb if the drones are in the double digits i'd consider it. Below that however it's just a pointless use of time.
    • Change from Cannon-Beam primaries to Beam-Beam Primaries - slightly less range but much better accuracy at the cost of mainly cool-down time
    • Improved Shields, regen, power generation and consumption - see stats below
    • Main turret has become turretS - Where it was once a dual turret I split it into 3 single turrets spaced across the hull. I will probably revisit this again at a later date as well. But for now it's quite functional.
    • All turrets are power stable on their own as usual, no power is drawn from the main vessel. This is not only a tradition at LSD but hopefully a standard most folks will soon follow given the new power mechanics. :)
    • Jump drive now included for whenever AI gets to use it. Otherwise it charges at only 11 seconds so it's a very user friendly drive.
    • Enemy detector was simplified - the new collision time outs have only made this detector substantially better. There is also a reset button with instructions on how to reset the detector 100% of the time.
    With all that has been done to this ship I have decided to reclassify it altogether as an entirely new vessel. It will hence forth be called the Atoll. As all water themed ships will relate to being Combat vessels, destroyers and cruisers and battleships, oh my!

Stats are finalized as of last night when I did the remaining block filling.
    Mass: 6879.9
    w/Rails: 8406.6
    Thrust: 1661
    LHW: 151 x 37 x 47

Power Gen: 623,307/s
    Power Cap: 3,485,960
    Shield Cap: 1,295,722
    Shield Gen: 53,916 /s

Structure 2mil+
    Armor 1.7 mil+

Primary Beams are split into four groups with each group:
    Damage: 16,200 per tick. Or about 81k /s
    Range: 3000m
    Cooldown: 15 seconds

x4 gives you a burst damage potential of about 324,000 damage within a one second time frame every 15 seconds.

Main turrets provide the following in 2 separate groups.
    3 Missile - Lock on Groups w/ Punch Through
    Damage: 87,000
    Range: 3200m
    Cooldown: 15 seconds

3 Cannon - Beam - Ion
    Damage: 2520 +anti-shield bonus
    Range: 6000m
    Cooldown: 4 seconds

Total damage including primary turret weapons is about 585,000 damage every 15 seconds. This doesn't include the ions or the rockets I have which while modest, are enough to keep pressure on a ship to prevent massive regeneration of shields. <_< also not included, drones as their dps will vary from type/version.

Pics will be posted in a few, need some more to demonstrate the differences between versions. =)

Reactions: Gasboy
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Well, you make my "things done in Starmade" list look puny. XD
    Just gotta keep on going Gasboy eventually the list becomes massive. xP

Update: Photos for Atoll

Living Quarters Entryway

Front left of the area

In the back right area we have the bio-room.

Reactions: Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Another update: It's been a busy two weeks oere here. A few things have been completed or progressed thus far.

new Fleet Harvester project has been started up. Code named Nimbus. The goal of this project is to create a smalll cheap harvester ship that can easily be mass produced. The end function of which is simply to collect everything. It's moving along slowly as I've hit a design wall with the ship. I've decided to save both space and time I wont use any fancy rail setups or anything of that nature. So now I need a wide grouping of blocks to fit snugly inside a rather small ship.

The strike carrier I mentioned earlier is making some progress. I am currently in the midst of making a gigantic breaker cannon for the bottom half of the ship. Originally the breaker was 41L x 9T x 7W. I've tripled those dimensions to 121 long and 27 tall, and 21 wide. How much of this will actually be weapons I can't say. Right now the shape is just a shell and will be built up from there.

New recovery method, I call it the fish hook. The idea is pretty simple, I got tired of having two separate locations to launch and load, so I combined them into one. :) Pics later whenever I get the chance, probably tomorrow.

I'm sure there's more I did but I'll post it later if I can remember it.