Launcher starts, game doesn't.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    My issue was with the recent Java update to version 101.

The 64bit version was removed and my PC reverted back to the 32bit version.

A bit of uninstalling and reinstalling managed to solve the issue. If you're still having problems maybe this might help you out?

Auburn

Game Developer
    Reaction score
    hmm.. that one wasnt in my appdata folder, but i found it in my game folder instead (C:\Starmade\game\native\windows).
    Well that explains why the bat files didn't work, your StarMade install is in a different place. Try replacing the StarMadeNative.dll with the one I have attached, if that doesn't work I have another new bat file to set the simd level with your StarMade location (the first line in the bat).

Attachments

Last edited:

PainNigouto

Emperor/Toymaker
    Reaction score
    indeed changing the StarMadeNative.dll didnt change anything... as with the .bat... this came up:

Auburn

Game Developer
    Reaction score
    indeed changing the StarMadeNative.dll didnt change anything... as with the .bat... this came up:
    Seems it couldn't allocate 2gb of memory, try -Xms512m -Xmx1024m. This should lower the memory allocation.
    [doublepost=1469460861,1469460545][/doublepost]Could you also post the hs_err_pid#.log

PainNigouto

Emperor/Toymaker
    Reaction score
    same thing again with smd at 1 and 0, game shut down once spawn screen came up... heres what the bat had to say and that log:

Attachments

Auburn

Game Developer
    Reaction score
    Is this with the new dll still?

And could you post the main log too, sorry

PainNigouto

Emperor/Toymaker
    Reaction score
    yea, thats with the new dll, thats why i found that bat's report interesting.

Attachments

Auburn

Game Developer
    Reaction score
    yea, thats with the new dll, thats why i found that bat's report interesting.
    I'm very confused, the logs confirm that the simd level is set to 0 yet you still get "EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION" which should not be possible. In an effort to understand further I made sure the previewer had exact matching code to the game, so could you try running this once more.

Attachments

Auburn

Game Developer
    Reaction score
    exact same thing as last time
    Sorry I should have been more clear, this isn't to fix StarMade it's just to verify if the code is working. The application should look like this after running the exe.

PainNigouto

Emperor/Toymaker
    Reaction score
    my bad really, activated the wrong thing without thinking (my desktop is messy)

Auburn

Game Developer
    Reaction score
    Sorry for the delay, I thought of one more thing that could possibly be affecting this. If you could replace the attached file in the zip to your "C:\Starmade\game\native\windows"

Thanks again for going through all this testing.

Attachments