Launcher starts, game doesn't.

PainNigouto

Emperor/Toymaker
    Reaction score
    same result, both on old and new launcher, before and after current hotfix

edit: more logs.. just in case

Attachments

Reaction score
    Huh, Sorry to have bothered you guys with it. Seems Dad's issue was with Java somehow not being 64 bit.
    (which is damnned odd, as we've had to explicitly re-install it 4 times due to various other programs needing the very latest 64-bit versions of it, and those run just fine, so what the hell windows?)

Reaction score
    • Tester
    You may want to use the new Beta Launcher then maybe .. it comes with its own appropiate Java bundled ... no random java updates or removals then anymore ;)

Auburn

Game Developer
    Reaction score
    painnigouto if you are still having issues could you update to the latest build and send the logs you get from that, I made a small change that may get you further into the game and give more debug info.

Last edited:
    Reactions: PainNigouto

PainNigouto

Emperor/Toymaker
    Reaction score
    sooooo close. got the main menu open :D

tried opening a local world and the program stopped responding several times during the loading process. then about half a second after the spawn screen appeared the game shut itself down. But atleast theres progress :D

Attachments

Auburn

Game Developer
    Reaction score
    I've checked the code from the noise previewer and the native library and they are exactly the same, so I'm not sure why StarMade doesn't work with it.

There is an override to force an simd level in StarMade, I made a small launch file for you with it set. It should work from anywhere, as long as your StarMade is in the default location for the new launcher. If it still doesn't work edit the .bat file and change the "-simd 1" to "-simd 0". Let me know how it goes.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    I've just updated my Java to Update 101 and I cannot load the game anymore! Now trying to fix it! Grrrrrr!
    [doublepost=1469179605,1469177680][/doublepost]
    I've checked the code from the noise previewer and the native library and they are exactly the same, so I'm not sure why StarMade doesn't work with it.

There is an override to force an simd level in StarMade, I made a small launch file for you with it set. It should work from anywhere, as long as your StarMade is in the default location for the new launcher. If it still doesn't work edit the .bat file and change the "-simd 1" to "-simd 0". Let me know how it goes.
    I have just tried this and my game loads! It seems that the version 101 update has killed the normal operation of the game. I hope this can be fixed ASAP!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    Scratch that! Game loads to main menu. Launched single player universe and the game crashes at the spawn window.
    [doublepost=1469187029,1469183996][/doublepost]Submitted bug report Login to Phabricator

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ahoy, having a similar problem i can get to the main menu however when i try to load a game, new universo or old, i get a java critical error, as soon it hits 29%; " ResorceExeption:data/./textures/block/"

Things i tried: validating, clearing local files then validating, reinstall, updating java, reinstalling java.

Win7
    i5-2500
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Asus P8P67
    2 Monitors : Aoc F22 2k and Acer predator xb281hk 4k (main)
    im using Dual monitor tools : ( checked it it also dosn't run with it disabled)

Attachments

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Ahoy, having a similar problem i can get to the main menu however when i try to load a game, new universo or old, i get a java critical error, as soon it hits 29%; " ResorceExeption:data/./textures/block/"

Things i tried: validating, clearing local files then validating, reinstall, updating java, reinstalling java.

Win7
    i5-2500
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Asus P8P67
    2 Monitors : Aoc F22 2k and Acer predator xb281hk 4k (main)
    im using Dual monitor tools : ( checked it it also dosn't run with it disabled)
    Are you using steam or standalone?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Wrathserker

from your logfile:
    [2016-07-22 15:40:46] java.io.FileNotFoundException: Neither .png or .tga found for resource data/./textures/block/Pixel/256/t000

A 256px version of the Pixel set doesnt exist ... therefore it crashes when it tries to load that one

open the options - graphics settings and change the texture pack to Default and 256

Reactions: Wrathserker

PainNigouto

Emperor/Toymaker
    Reaction score
    sorry for the late response, Auburn . i ran that file (from my desktop) and nothing changed from last time; the game shuts down once the spawn menu appears. and after changing simd to 0 its still pretty much the same.

i saved the logs for both respective settings:

Attachments

Auburn

Game Developer
    Reaction score
    sorry for the late response, Auburn . i ran that file (from my desktop) and nothing changed from last time; the game shuts down once the spawn menu appears. and after changing simd to 0 its still pretty much the same.

i saved the logs for both respective settings:
    The bat file should launch the game its self, which I'm guessing it didn't since your logs aren't showing the simd override. Probably because your java path variable is not setup. So I made a hard coded java path for you, using the java from your launcher, since I can see the path to it from the log. The bat file should now pause if there is an error so you can actually read it.

Sorry for all this trouble, you have an odd issue.

Attachments

PainNigouto

Emperor/Toymaker
    Reaction score
    weird... this time the bat is waiting for me to press a button when i run it (simd 1 and 0). then it does pretty much what starmade did at the start of this issue, it completely dissapeared from my processes......

and, really. i appreciate all the help you guys gave me so far, ya wont see EA giving this kinda customer service in a million years (and heck, i havent even paid for the game yet) xD

Auburn

Game Developer
    Reaction score
    Does the bat not give an error before asking you to press a button?

Auburn

Game Developer
    Reaction score
    Could you send me a file from your StarMade install, it should be under "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\StarMade\native\windows\" called StarMadeNative.dll if you could zip it and send it over, I want to check that your version hasn't corrupted or something. Thanks.

PainNigouto

Emperor/Toymaker
    Reaction score
    hmm.. that one wasnt in my appdata folder, but i found it in my game folder instead (C:\Starmade\game\native\windows).

Attachments