Launcher public beta!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Croquelune

An Imaginary Number's officer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    The download may interrupt itself, maybe cause site maintenance. I tried it thrice before eventually succeeded to download it.

StarMade Dock is currently undergoing massive backend changes; we're in the process of a server migration. We're not sure how long this will take. During this time, the site may become unavailable. We will add further information as time progresses.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    The download may interrupt itself, maybe cause site maintenance. I tried it thrice before eventually succeeded to download it.

The download is not hosted on our sites, it's hosted on Amazon. So, this will not be an issue.

calani

Dreaming of Sushi ~
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Build #147 is up -- I updated the links in the original post.

Croquelune

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!

I don't see any pictures on the left, mostly due to my internet options permissions/restrictions I guess since I have the same problems with some other video game launchers. But just like other launchers there is no help or hints to solve that problem; so either today I wouldn't be able to solve that by myself and I go on with "broken" void windows.
    Be certain you'll have a flood of people in support complaining about this issue since that is what happens on the other games, so you should right away explain how to solve this in a FAQ and cherry on the cake, put a (i) thing like "Not able to see it ? Solution there." and link to that FAQ. It would spare you lot of times since it allow a part of them to solve the error by themselves, however the other part will still need custom support anyway. [severity 3/5]

The Schine logo overlay texture have a little reflect glitch (inside the top-right yellow square), it's unaesthetic and bring a bit confusion with the similar shaped "reduction tab" button aside. [severity 1/5]

Even if virtually all computer users knows where are positioned the "closing cross" and "reduction tab" this isn't really a good reason to make them less visible than the abovementioned logo's reflect glitch. Dark grey on dark grey isn't a good idea, specially for some gamers, like me, who often put their screen contrast settings barely visible in order to match/bring immersion in shadowed environments while playing some games.
    You should use blue or yellow since it won't swear with the rest of the launcher theme. I don't advocated white until the above logo glitch still active, cause else it will bring confusion between the glitch and the "reduction tab" button ( however if abovementioned bug is solve white will be perfect). [severity 2/5]

But my main concern about the launcher's front page visual — by far — is that ridiculously small sized font.
    I remember when in school our teachers always forced us to use font size 14 for presentaions.
    12 is the standard one and it already isn't easily readable for some peoples (i.e. my poor mom which litterally stuck her face on the screen to read things on internet). So when I saw 10 in the front page, I was already mmmh :/ but when I saw the 8! in the options menu aaaargh such pain. Does Schine owns shares in ophthalmia companies to justify that ? Cosmetics should never take precedence over utility, and for that reason never use font size for cosmetic purposes; play with the font design itself at a pinch.
    Because it isn't for nothing if standard is 12; that's cause all font size below, when massively used in body text, hinders the reading process.
    It's really really to small (compare internet standard and actual launcher's font size). It's barely readable and even if I'm personally far to be blind guy, the very opposite in fact, but that's still tires my eyes to read it. I even caught myself get close to the screen to see better (it's something that I almost never do, only on site with exactly flawed ergonomics, sites where I often pass my way). So can't imagine how the moles will do. Spare them bad time by increasing that font size a bit (at least at 12 in the front page it'll allow you to keep 10 for the option) it won't break the launcher's theme anyway since the rest do a good job. [severity 6/5]

⚓ T1338 beta launcher overlay was considered non-existent but it still happen. Unreadable download/checking infos ? or just main "UPDATE" mention from the button which glitch ?
    [severity 2/5]

Last issue I figured out concern swithching version and installation path. It's strangely handled. At the moment only changing installation path in Build Type will launch a file checking version, but not changing Build Version. Then the following situation can occurres:

I.e. I actually play on NFD server, server version is :
    • Build type : Release
    • Build version : 0.198.223
    Last time I used the Beta Launcher it was for Shattered Skies server :
    • Build type: Dev (I guess, not sure about that)
    • Build version: 0.197.36
    If I click on "SELECT LAST USED" it will be the version of that one that'll show up.

I know my NFD installation path files are updated since I updated/started it 2 days ago with the old launcher.
    I launch the beta launcher. It kept the old data of my last beta launcher test (server Shattered Skies, v 0.197.36). I changed the path from Shattered Skies to NFD, closed the beta launch and launch again and here the result :

It seem saved the new path (it's NFD instead SS) but kept the default version from the "last version used" by beta launcher (= the SS's one) BUT in same time allow me (at least in theory) to press LAUNCH blue button to start game without update. It's contradictory, don't know what would be happen if i press that button:
    1. Either BL know I'm already 0n version 0.198.233 and its lure itself by allow me to pursue without retro-update to v0.197.36.
    2. Either BL think I'm still at the old 0.197.36 version and its lure itself by thinking it could launch it without updating server.
    I think more it's cause #2 cause when I switch to the actual good version of the server, the beta launcher — without even launch checking process — order/require me to update my already updated installation.

Somehow, it's means that until there,the beta wasn't able to reach/read/check properly what contain the path the NFD (namely version 0.198.223)

In both case I didn't dare press the button to see what would happen, I let testers enjoy that. :p

Close and relaunching the client will reproduce, and click on the Select Last Used button aswell.

Actually the only way to work around is to select another installation path in Build Type options (i.e. Shattered Skies path) and then come back to the right one (NFD path). Only changing installation path in Build Type will checking version not in Build Version. [severity 4/5]

Build #147 is up -- I updated the links in the original post.
    This update ninja'd me.

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    I don't see any pictures on the left, mostly due to my internet options permissions/restrictions I guess since I have the same problems with some other video game launchers. But just like other launchers there is no help or hints to solve that problem; so either today I wouldn't be able to solve that by myself and I go on with "broken" void windows.
    Be certain you'll have a flood of people in support complaining about this issue since that is what happens on the other games, so you should right away explain how to solve this in a FAQ and cherry on the cake, put a (i) thing like "Not able to see it ? Solution there." and link to that FAQ. It would spare you lot of times since it allow a part of them to solve the error by themselves, however the other part will still need custom support anyway. [severity 3/5]
    Fixing your internet connection is not part of the game and not a bug of the launcher.

The Schine logo overlay texture have a little reflect glitch (inside the top-right yellow square), it's unaesthetic and bring a bit confusion with the similar shaped "reduction tab" button aside. [severity 1/5]
    Even if virtually all computer users knows where are positioned the "closing cross" and "reduction tab" this isn't really a good reason to make them less visible than the abovementioned logo's reflect glitch. Dark grey on dark grey isn't a good idea, specially for some gamers, like me, who often put their screen contrast settings barely visible in order to match/bring immersion in shadowed environments while playing some games.
    You should use blue or yellow since it won't swear with the rest of the launcher theme. I don't advocated white until the above logo glitch still active, cause else it will bring confusion between the glitch and the "reduction tab" button ( however if abovementioned bug is solve white will be perfect). [severity 2/5]
    Agreed, but since it´s only a visual problem it´s no reason to stop the release.

But my main concern about the launcher's front page visual — by far — is that ridiculously small sized font.
    I remember when in school our teachers always forced us to use font size 14 for presentaions.
    12 is the standard one and it already isn't easily readable for some peoples (i.e. my poor mom which litterally stuck her face on the screen to read things on internet). So when I saw 10 in the front page, I was already mmmh :/ but when I saw the 8! in the options menu aaaargh such pain. Does Schine owns shares in ophthalmia companies to justify that ? Cosmetics should never take precedence over utility, and for that reason never use font size for cosmetic purposes; play with the font design itself at a pinch.
    Because it isn't for nothing if standard is 12; that's cause all font size below, when massively used in body text, hinders the reading process.
    It's really really to small (compare internet standard and actual launcher's font size). It's barely readable and even if I'm personally far to be blind guy, the very opposite in fact, but that's still tires my eyes to read it. I even caught myself get close to the screen to see better (it's something that I almost never do, only on site with exactly flawed ergonomics, sites where I often pass my way). So can't imagine how the moles will do. Spare them bad time by increasing that font size a bit (at least at 12 in the front page it'll allow you to keep 10 for the option) it won't break the launcher's theme anyway since the rest do a good job. [severity 6/5]
    Partial agree. Font is really small but at the same time a bigger font size would somehow disturb the launcher design/screw up the formating. An easy fix would be to link the news post somewhere to easily open it in the browser. It would be a good idea anyways to link the official hompage somewhere. Still, this is no bug and should not prevent a release. It´s more of a design thing.

⚓ T1338 beta launcher overlay was considered non-existent but it still happen. Unreadable download/checking infos ? or just main "UPDATE" mention from the button which glitch ?
    [severity 2/5]
    I don´t have this problem.

Last issue I figured out concern swithching version and installation path. It's strangely handled. At the moment only changing installation path in Build Type will launch a file checking version, but not changing Build Version. Then the following situation can occurres:

I.e. I actually play on NFD server, server version is :
    • Build type : Release
    • Build version : 0.198.223
    Last time I used the Beta Launcher it was for Shattered Skies server :
    • Build type: Dev (I guess, not sure about that)
    • Build version: 0.197.36
    If I click on "SELECT LAST USED" it will be the version of that one that'll show up.

I know my NFD installation path files are updated since I updated/started it 2 days ago with the old launcher.
    I launch the beta launcher. It kept the old data of my last beta launcher test (server Shattered Skies, v 0.197.36). I changed the path from Shattered Skies to NFD, closed the beta launch and launch again and here the result :

It seem saved the new path (it's NFD instead SS) but kept the default version from the "last version used" by beta launcher (= the SS's one) BUT in same time allow me (at least in theory) to press LAUNCH blue button to start game without update. It's contradictory, don't know what would be happen if i press that button:
    1. Either BL know I'm already 0n version 0.198.233 and its lure itself by allow me to pursue without retro-update to v0.197.36.
    2. Either BL think I'm still at the old 0.197.36 version and its lure itself by thinking it could launch it without updating server.
    I think more it's cause #2 cause when I switch to the actual good version of the server, the beta launcher — without even launch checking process — order/require me to update my already updated installation.

Somehow, it's means that until there,the beta wasn't able to reach/read/check properly what contain the path the NFD (namely version 0.198.223)

In both case I didn't dare press the button to see what would happen, I let testers enjoy that. :p

Close and relaunching the client will reproduce, and click on the Select Last Used button aswell.

Actually the only way to work around is to select another installation path in Build Type options (i.e. Shattered Skies path) and then come back to the right one (NFD path). Only changing installation path in Build Type will checking version not in Build Version. [severity 4/5]
    Tried it and can confirm. This is only a visual error because the launcher can´t check the version if it gets closed too fast. It uses the installed version of the chosen path even if it shows the wrong one. So I guess this should also not affect a release too much.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    "This will overwrite any installed mods." is the 3rd, hidden line behind the launch button.
    It only appears if it does "determining files to download" after selecting a different build.
    Only had it happen once, can't get this "determining files to download" to happen after selecting a different build or version. This is the real issue though, it shouldn't determine files to download on switching builds, it should do that only when deciding to update.

EDIT: Found it, only happens when switching installation paths.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I don't know what else to say but it only loaded one of my worlds.
    Other than that, I like the new launcher.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    are you sure you did actualy load into your world and not into a new one in a new isntallation ?

Reaction score
    For some reason, I have to manually select the version I want to use. The launcher won't automatically use the latest version :/

Like every time there is an update I have to go to the thing and select it. I am not sure if I am selecting the right one tho.

Croquelune

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Fixing your internet connection is not part of the game and not a bug of the launcher.
    Well in theory, yes of course. I suppose it's question of point of view. I understand your pragmatic's one SchnellBier however let me explain a bit further mine.
    As user who don't understand anything in tuning obscure & abstruse internet parameters of IE, like activeX, scriplets, .NET Framworks and others shits like that (touching that things blindly already lead me to brake my java & flashplayer on firefox + got ads + earn the right to have to totally unsinstall-reinstall java, IE, Firefox browser & adobe systems) I consider its a bit devs concern since if their system require some exceptionnal permissions and activated process that some other launchers do not need/require to work perfectly (i.e.Ragnarok Online launcher, or old SM starter) they should treat themselves the way to make their thing works nice.

If devs kind a bit about the user-friendlyness of their launchers they should either :
    1. Treat it themselves at installation by adding exceptions/trusted sites for their game & gamesites. By far the best way since it's requiring nothing else from user than his grants and agreement for add/allow that exceptions. Users will like it. [It's what does League of Legend launcher if I don't say bullshits]
    2. Got the You can't read/see this ? small mention thing and linked to their FAQ with solution. Pretty good solution too since it'll help a lot users who'll want solve that issue. Users will appreciate it. [It's what does a game which I forgot the name, and what does also Wikipedia with their special fonts containing page, i.e. Devanagari in French Wikipedia page]
    3. At least, the infamous disclaimer "Need that to work". But I'll be very honest with you : it's a real shitty solution. Period. Why ? Because it's only motivated either by lack of time, lazyness or incompetence since it's not a solution but just a warning about the issue. It's a bit like the disclaimer about the wtf peanuts trace you have in your chili con carne can, it warn you about the issue if you are peanut allergic, but it won't help you to solve it, you have to deal with it. By doing this, dev will only pass the hot potato to their support team and I'm already sorry for them and more even for the user. Users won't like it, could lead to some bad reviews on Steam. [It's what does World of Tank launcher (but at least they did a good help page on their site to solve this) & WildStar launcher. Both game are unreachable until you solve the problem, it's far worse than the SM issue. Fact they explain nothing is really annoying, pretty sure they lose some targeted customers cause of that. WildStar's steam bad review concern mainly : 1) bad optimisation 2) stupid IP checking system 3) and that (see the under spoiler)]
    [...]This game was not ready for Steam. The front end, patching, and authentication system are mired in the past. Of the 70+ games I have on Steam, this is the first that will not work out of the box. I am not going to spend hours tracking down drivers, firewall settings, modifying my HOSTS file, etc. in a vain attempt to work around issues that should have been fixed 2 years ago.[...]
    Stupid support system and the login system sucks uninstalling after an hour of attempt to login .
    You need to sign up to their site to play with your steam? When I try to do it "make sure you're not blocking anything" I am not blocking anything on their site. Fix this....
    So, let's start with the signup.
    Signup page wouldn't accept my username, even though it doesn't exist. Ok.

Then it wouldn't accept my password even though the ui was saying it's ok.

Then it wouldn't let me verify my email. [...]
    waste my time dl and everything, and yet i cant log in or sign up. cant click cant do ♥♥♥♥.
    Problematic login, problematic launch [...]
    The game itself is nice but actually logging in the game and "playing" it is near impossible.

If devs don't give a fuck about the user-friendlyness of their launchers (well... their choice after all they're free) they can follow and adopt the Squarenix attitude about that issue : do not do a shit.
    Nothing in there FAQ, no mentions, but a only a blackscreen launcher. By far the worse issue I got with launcher client, it literally took me one day to identify the problem and one other to solve it, all that by myself since their supports are unreachable without account. No where it spoke about some internet parameters to change, if I succeeded it's only cause I hit by chance a lost player tuto blog which explain how to solve it and thanks God I'm able to read english.
    Trust me if by any chance I meet that guys who worked on that launcher system I would punch their face cause they truly desserve it. On FF14 you have to pay the package game + the mensual subscriptions, at this price customers entitled to seek to reach the game without have to do the Way of the Cross.

That negative review found on steam say it justly all about that FF 14 client :
    The worst account procedures and handling I've ever encountered
    Nothing more, nothing else.

Make sure you get your account setup before purchasing. If you have problems as I did, you maybe unable to refund because the clock runs on this game even if you are fighting with the launcher and unable to get into the game!

I'm giving this a thumbs down because I always find square enix's account system horrid and lack of support is very annoying. [...]
    This one is priceless, I used a French=>English translator
    Alors,
    In this assessment I will not talk about gameplay or graphics for the simple reason that I did not test the game, I explain.
    I buy the game yesterday, first I put a lot of time and I create three different accounts in order to connect.
    Then we get on the launcher to download the game, and there, the game crashes to about 200MB without explanations and every time I run the download in the launcher. So finally, I am extremely disappointed to have put 10 euros in a game I can not even test. So if a member assistance of the game could help me, I'd like it much. Thank you.

Getting back to Starmade, at the moment, the issue is trivial. I really don't care to see pictures or not in launcher until I'm just able to launch and reach my game. Don't think it will have any negative review for a such trivial thing.
    But prevention is better than cure, and it is for this reason that I reported this situation. Cause like I exposed previously it might lead to much more crappy situations in the future if Schine decide to add further options or features to that launcher involving Stardock's sites or registry account. And if it'snt handle well the backlash will be swift. The odious reputation which have the FF14 and Wildstar's launcher client could be really avoided easely if they anticipated it and managed a safety way to their recurrent problematic users, but no, they preferred choose impasse for them. Don't do that mistake, WildStar paid the hard price, FF 14 can afford to have a damn because of license. But Schine should think twice.

I 'm ready to make some efforts and consent things I don't appreciate if I have to. If the doctor needs to embed me a suppository to treat my problem I'm ready to releasing my anus but he does not have to expect either that I spread my ass in a way that we can accommodate a log inside.

Schine is the doctor, me the patient, my internet parameter settings my anus.

(Surely one of my most beautiful metaphors in a while xD )

Edit :

are you sure you did actualy load into your world and not into a new one in a new isntallation ?
    SmilingDemon Yes sure, I just test it, it didn't created anything else.

I put the updated beta launcher in my main Starmade file where is my starter.exe and were the previous beta launcher. The path I have selected are the sub-file where are the data from servers & world (server.cfg and so).

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    Well in theory, yes of course. I suppose it's question of point of view. I understand your pragmatic's one SchnellBier however let me explain a bit further mine.
    As user who don't understand anything in tuning obscure & abstruse internet parameters of IE, like activeX, scriplets, .NET Framworks and others shits like that (touching that things blindly already lead me to brake my java & flashplayer on firefox + got ads + earn the right to have to totally unsinstall-reinstall java, IE, Firefox browser & adobe systems) I consider its a bit devs concern since if their system require some exceptionnal permissions and activated process that some other launchers do not need/require to work perfectly (i.e.Ragnarok Online launcher, or old SM starter) they should treat themselves the way to make their thing works nice.

If devs kind a bit about the user-friendlyness of their launchers they should either :
    1. Treat it themselves at installation by adding exceptions/trusted sites for their game & gamesites. By far the best way since it's requiring nothing else from user than his grants and agreement for add/allow that exceptions. Users will like it. [It's what does League of Legend launcher if I don't say bullshits]
    2. Got the You can't read/see this ? small mention thing and linked to their FAQ with solution. Pretty good solution too since it'll help a lot users who'll want solve that issue. Users will appreciate it. [It's what does a game which I forgot the name, and what does also Wikipedia with their special fonts containing page, i.e. Devanagari in French Wikipedia page]
    3. At least, the infamous disclaimer "Need that to work". But I'll be very honest with you : it's a real shitty solution. Period. Why ? Because it's only motivated either by lack of time, lazyness or incompetence since it's not a solution but just a warning about the issue. It's a bit like the disclaimer about the wtf peanuts trace you have in your chili con carne can, it warn you about the issue if you are peanut allergic, but it won't help you to solve it, you have to deal with it. By doing this, dev will only pass the hot potato to their support team and I'm already sorry for them and more even for the user. Users won't like it, could lead to some bad reviews on Steam. [It's what does World of Tank launcher (but at least they did a good help page on their site to solve this) & WildStar launcher. Both game are unreachable until you solve the problem, it's far worse than the SM issue. Fact they explain nothing is really annoying, pretty sure they lose some targeted customers cause of that. WildStar's steam bad review concern mainly : 1) bad optimisation 2) stupid IP checking system 3) and that (see the under spoiler)]

If devs don't give a fuck about the user-friendlyness of their launchers (well... their choice after all they're free) they can follow and adopt the Squarenix attitude about that issue : do not do a shit.
    Nothing in there FAQ, no mentions, but a only a blackscreen launcher. By far the worse issue I got with launcher client, it literally took me one day to identify the problem and one other to solve it, all that by myself since their supports are unreachable without account. No where it spoke about some internet parameters to change, if I succeeded it's only cause I hit by chance a lost player tuto blog which explain how to solve it and thanks God I'm able to read english.
    Trust me if by any chance I meet that guys who worked on that launcher system I would punch their face cause they truly desserve it. On FF14 you have to pay the package game + the mensual subscriptions, at this price customers entitled to seek to reach the game without have to do the Way of the Cross.

That negative review found on steam say it justly all about that FF 14 client :

Nothing more, nothing else.

This one is priceless, I used a French=>English translator

Getting back to Starmade, at the moment, the issue is trivial. I really don't care to see pictures or not in launcher until I'm just able to launch and reach my game. Don't think it will have any negative review for a such trivial thing.
    But prevention is better than cure, and it is for this reason that I reported this situation. Cause like I exposed previously it might lead to much more crappy situations in the future if Schine decide to add further options or features to that launcher involving Stardock's sites or registry account. And if it'snt handle well the backlash will be swift. The odious reputation which have the FF14 and Wildstar's launcher client could be really avoided easely if they anticipated it and managed a safety way to their recurrent problematic users, but no, they preferred choose impasse for them. Don't do that mistake, WildStar paid the hard price, FF 14 can afford to have a damn because of license. But Schine should think twice.

I 'm ready to make some efforts and consent things I don't appreciate if I have to. If the doctor needs to embed me a suppository to treat my problem I'm ready to releasing my anus but he does not have to expect either that I spread my ass in a way that we can accommodate a log inside.

Schine is the doctor, me the patient, my internet parameter settings my anus.

(Surely one of my most beautiful metaphors in a while xD )

Edit :

SmilingDemon Yes sure, I just test it, it didn't created anything else.

I put the updated beta launcher in my main Starmade file where is my starter.exe and were the previous beta launcher. The path I have selected are the sub-file where are the data from servers & world (server.cfg and so).
    I´d rather have the devs work on something more important than fixing this small stuff. Also comparing the launcher of AAA mmos to the small indi game starmade launcher isn´t really a fair comparison. If people get disappointed because of this minor stuff then their expectations are simply too high.

Croquelune

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Hahaha my bad I skipped 3 answers while writing/browsing.

Reaction score
    giving it a go, though memory shouldn't be a problem as I have 32gb and I allocate 8gb to SM.

Amazed anyone can play it at 2 or lower, if my client is set to 2gb it runs out of memory extremely fast and starts lagging like hell (with low memory messages popping up every 2 seconds)

I honestly think for this game the minimum system requirements should be 4GB and at least a 1gb AMD or nVidia card. Something like a GTX 650 or better.

No idea how people can handle gaming at 5fps lol.

anyways back on track I'll report if I have any issues with this new launcher.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Lets just say there is a reason my faction specializes in automated defenses. XD 5fps was what it was a couple of patches ago, now it is about 10 to 15fps so the devs must have done something. My issue isn't how low it can get but the spikes, as long as it remains constant or near constant I'm fine, but if it is bouncing all over the place that is usually when I call it a day. I'd say 3.5GB of RAM is a good min for those of us without more than 4GB

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    calani One feature that the old launcher has that the new one is missing is the ability to backup our databases. I've been using the new launcher for a while now but I use the old launcher to update the game to make sure I have a backup. These backups have pull my butt out of the fire on more than one occasion.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    calani OSX 10.10.5 Yosimite works fine. After downloading though you need to tell the os that it is fine to run the launcher as it was not developed by a certified developer... i guess you guys don't want to bother spending 200 bucks to join the apple club which is fine for me but might irritate others.
    And yes what Sven_The_Slayer said! please add the option to them manually at least.

calani

Dreaming of Sushi ~
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Several good points, and lots of detail. Many thanks!

Increasing the font size will be quite difficult to do, so it will have to wait until a future release.
    I tend to use 8-10px font sizes in my editor, with only rare forays past that. Thanks for pointing out something I wouldn't have noticed :)

The blur on the logo next to the minimize/close buttons is actually a TM; we've removed it as it's too small to see when the logo is scaled that much. The new asset will be included in future builds. I will also replace the buttons with better colors in a later build.

As for T1338, I'm aware of it but looking for a better general solution, as that area is rather small to use for status text. Likely I will simply patch that particular behavior before release.

Concerning switching installs: the launcher does not officially support multiple concurrent versions yet. It works (in a general sense) currently, but more than likely has multiple issues (such as the version mismatch you mentioned) that may make it difficult to use. Adding this support is planned. (and yes, it's quite important!)

Most of these will be resolved/addressed in future releases.

Thank you again for all the detail!

------

For some reason, I have to manually select the version I want to use. The launcher won't automatically use the latest version :/

Like every time there is an update I have to go to the thing and select it. I am not sure if I am selecting the right one tho.
    Planned feature: T1501 -- Add a (Keep Updated) option. This will likely be enabled by default, as it's expected behavior for most users. I'm unsure how this will apply to concurrent installs, however.

------

calani One feature that the old launcher has that the new one is missing is the ability to backup our databases. I've been using the new launcher for a while now but I use the old launcher to update the game to make sure I have a backup. These backups have pull my butt out of the fire on more than one occasion.
    Also a planned feature: T1502 -- Add an option to backup world, database, configs prior to updating.

------

calani OSX 10.10.5 Yosimite works fine. After downloading though you need to tell the os that it is fine to run the launcher as it was not developed by a certified developer... i guess you guys don't want to bother spending 200 bucks to join the apple club which is fine for me but might irritate others.
    And yes what Sven_The_Slayer said! please add the option to them manually at least.
    Awesome ^^
    As for the not-signed issue, I'll look into it.
    I was actually expecting this to happen for Windows 8/10 users, but so far only users running OSX have reported it.

------

I´d rather have the devs work on something more important than fixing this small stuff. Also comparing the launcher of AAA mmos to the small indi game starmade launcher isn´t really a fair comparison. If people get disappointed because of this minor stuff then their expectations are simply too high.
    Truth.
    However, being comparable (or better) is always the goal ;)

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    it works perfect for me so much so, that i'm using this instead of the old launcher it did take some getting used to but i like it you guys have done a good job here

Reactions: calani

calani

Dreaming of Sushi ~
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Build #150 is up.
    I've updated the information and links in the initial post.

Enjoy!

Reactions: nightrune
    Status
    Not open for further replies.