Kupu's thread

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hello Kupu I noticed a new graphic glitch with reversed wedge put on top of a full bloc, a picture is better than an explanation I think.
    as you can notice, it looks the same bug with the slabs and the plexdoors, you can see through it.

Reaction score
    The plex lift testure is so good looking its animated as well i wish we could keep this block as decorative block...
    I agree, but also think this block could appear in more colors. The green works, but maybe a yellow variant would look good, too.

Reactions: kikaha
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hey Kupu, I have some requests for new decorative block variations.
    -More Decorative Conduit Colors
    Hm. I'm not overly fond of the current decorative conduit, so in it's current form other colour variants probably won't happen. If i can get a worthy improvement in, then we can consider it.
    The Conduits don't rotate properly, there are some directions that are impossible to run them in so they only work when not all sides are exposed. I also would like to see a couple of full sized pipe/conduits/duct blocks. I used to use thrusters anytime I wanted a duct but with the changes to integrity I cannot do this anymore. The current conduit is great for wires but we don't have any good decorative blocks to use as pipes/ducts that isn't an expensive system block like the astrotech (which has an amazing pipe texture)

Reactions: kupu and YamiHikari
    Reaction score
    Hey, Kupu, do you think cascade wedges might be a possibility? The texture is great, but it could also look really nice on an angle. I don't know how that would play out texture-wise, though.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Hey, Kupu, do you think cascade wedges might be a possibility? The texture is great, but it could also look really nice on an angle. I don't know how that would play out texture-wise, though.
    Yes and no. It could look cool and i'm pretty sure we can already give a wedge an animation, however this texture wouldn't wrap around a wedge particularly well. I'm not sure how we assign textures per face either on a wedge. I'll have to experiment again because this reminds me of old requests for wedged computer screens (which may now be possible after all the vertex order fixes).

To look it's best, we may need to implement a way of defining an animation state to a single face of a block. This would open up a few nice options. Currently if we have a block with 6 different unique faces but tagged as animated, it will run through 4 animation frames per face.
    This means it uses 24 texture tiles! In cases like the cascade, we already have to use 4 of the same tiles for the top and bottom faces to counter this. Not efficient at all and will need looking at going forward.

Unfortunately, i'll have to say these neat visual things will be sidelined for a while so Schema can work solely on power 2.0 and beyond uninhibited for a while. I am working towards more decorative block options now a few system blocks have been removed though.
    [doublepost=1518692517,1518692180][/doublepost]
    we don't have any good decorative blocks to use as pipes/ducts that isn't an expensive system block like the astrotech (which has an amazing pipe texture)
    Yea, the "deco pipes" block is not always a great fit with it's rotation and non symmetrical design. Wiring, ducts and piping additions are all great.

More greeble, more exposed hardware, more blinking lights, more screens, wall panels and lighting options are all desirable. All of that in additional shapes to boot. Having them universal, flexible and take up as few block spots as possible is where i'm at now in planning it.

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    Hello, Mr. Kupu.

I have a request. I will try my best to be understood.

In a way, every block (armor/hull/crystal) have a counterpart which it fits. EX.: The TETRA fits with the HEPTA block. But the CORNER (piramid) doesn't have one! There are other building games like Empyrion and 7D2D who have it. I believe its called "Inner Corner". This forbids me to build certain shapes, like when two slopes meet.

Do you believe we can have such thing?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Hello, Mr. Kupu.

In a way, every block (armor/hull/crystal) have a counterpart which it fits. EX.: The TETRA fits with the HEPTA block. But the CORNER (piramid) doesn't have one! There are other building games like Empyrion and 7D2D who have it. I believe its called "Inner Corner". This forbids me to build certain shapes, like when two slopes meet.

I think this might be the oldest suggestion in the game.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hello, Mr. Kupu.

One. More. Shape. Just one.

We should get this before colored glass doors. We should have gotten this before 3D objects. We should have gotten this before slabs. We should have gotten this before ice wedges. We should have gotten this when we got tetras and heptas.

BUG REPORT: Missing block shape. Plz fix.

Reaction score
    One. More. Shape. Just one.

We should get this before colored glass doors. We should have gotten this before 3D objects. We should have gotten this before slabs. We should have gotten this before ice wedges. We should have gotten this when we got tetras and heptas.

BUG REPORT: Missing block shape. Plz fix.
    I personally agree that all of the intended shapes should have been added as early as possible in development in order to prevent problems later down the line with adding that shape to every already-existing block that will include that shape.
    [doublepost=1518796720,1518796621][/doublepost]But this is also something that should probably be brought to Saber, instead. Kupu just does the textures from what I know. Saber handles the non-cubic block models.

Reactions: klawxx

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    Come on, why redo power and weapons all over again when we could add stuff that improve what we already have instead of inventing the wheel all over again.... maybe this block and some AI for a change... Why build a fleet system if the the NPC pilots behave like brainless zombies.

Ok, sorry for that, I believe that it might be a little off topic, but you got the idea... Lets move forward guys, while you still have a playerbase!

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Come on, why redo power and weapons all over again when we could add stuff that improve what we already have instead of inventing the wheel all over again.... maybe this block and some AI for a change... Why build a fleet system if the the NPC pilots behave like brainless zombies.

Ok, sorry for that, I believe that it might be a little off topic, but you got the idea... Lets move forward guys, while you still have a playerbase!
    You know this is off topic, unrelated and directed to a texture artist of all people in a thread about textures. I'll kindly ask you keep on topic. This thread is not here to snowball demands, share the latest gossip or drop in an underhand quip to misguidedly add weight to perfectly reasonable suggestion.

I believe its called "Inner Corner". This forbids me to build certain shapes, like when two slopes meet.

I understand the shape you mean. This is probably possible, yet not something i could add in alone. It would require Schema to add it in then sort out the lighting, collision and applying textures initially.

Lots of these things are not like the others and/or require different people to work on it's implementation.
    Ice wedge =/= new voxel shape, unfortunately. Priorities on what comes first will always be somewhat subjective to us all. However if a visual change requires our Lead Developer to step out of core projects and into a visual side task, it's low priority.

Ice wedge for example, is just me in the block editor. There may of been a reason it wasn't included with hepta and tetra blocks, but it's skipped my mind. I can check again if it was ever actively refused.

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    You know this is off topic, unrelated and directed to a texture artist of all people in a thread about textures. I'll kindly ask you keep on topic. This thread is not here to snowball demands, share the latest gossip or drop in an underhand quip to misguidedly add weight to perfectly reasonable suggestion.
    Sorry for that. As other people stated, you are one of the best parts of the game.

Reactions: wafflepie
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Hey kupu - I'd like to make a simple suggestion, and I was also wondering if you could illuminate us about a problem I never saw being discussed.

1) Would it be possible to save the three decommissioned textures in the spoiler below by introducing three decorative blocks that have them on all of their faces or just the front and rear? (For those who aren't familiar, these texture are: front of Jump Inhibitor computer, front of Jump Drive computer, and top/bottom of Jump Drive computer).

2) And the thing I want to ask, will the game retain (in the long run) the outdated, unobtainable, non-power system blocks for the purpose of being able to load them when spawning a blueprint that uses, eg. scanner antenna modules or jump inhibitor computers as decoration?

(I mean, a blueprint of a project that was started and decorated in a pre-0.200 game version, and then fitted with systems in a post-0.200 game version.)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hey kupu, what about some kind of decorative switch and/or button block that doesn't have functionality but can be used to improve various builds?