Kupu's thread

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Hey, nice work on those colours and meshes kupu , I couldn't have asked for anything better! ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What I'd absolutely love though would be shapes for the mineral blocks (plain and carved), as I tend to use them quite a lot for planetary structures, and wedges et cetera would be very welcome additions. Just a few more options to build "planetside retro style" would be nice.
    And slabs for grills/mesh/scaffold. While making small fighters I was dismayed to realize there are no grill slabs that I can fit around spinny bits without compromising hallway space.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    The Mesh texture is really nice but I dont like how the grill looks like a dull grey and not like shinny metal. Not a fan of it.
    Glad you like the new mesh, however the grill remains unchanged. They've been dull for a good while now, although critique has been noted. :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452298921,1452298840][/DOUBLEPOST]
    And slabs for grills/mesh/scaffold. While making small fighters I was dismayed to realize there are no grill slabs that I can fit around spinny bits without compromising hallway space.
    Yea, i can perhaps look into this.

Reactions: Valck and Ithirahad

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Yeah but is the mesh actually shinier? It just looks like a brighter grey from the picture. I like the current grills. I don't want glaringly bright metal grills.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I use grilles specifically because they are dull and don't look all shiny and new. Too much shiny will screw a lot of things up...

Reaction score
    I use grilles specifically because they are dull and don't look all shiny and new. Too much shiny will screw a lot of things up...
    Agreed, there are few enough options for not-fresh-from-the-factory looks, but in that image the grilles look like grey hull, not metal.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Any thoughts on something visually similar to ice but in a darker direction?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    With what Aynslei, would it be possible to alter ice so it's more neutral colored? Lighting it up for engines combines it's own color and the light shining on it. Adding yellow light behind it creates green. Not sure if it will break it apart from other ice related blocks.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    A dead grey-white for ice will look strange; not sure if I support this. Some kind of "frosted glass" for this specific purpose, complete with wedges, would be better.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    A dead grey-white for ice will look strange; not sure if I support this. Some kind of "frosted glass" for this specific purpose, complete with wedges, would be better.
    This is my position for now. However, i will still wait until further expansion on more alien terrain is implemented. It's entirely possible something is added in the future which fulfils that role inadvertently the same way ice has.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    That was kinda my idea, just some new terrain block along with the fauna update.

Would be nice for designs.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I know I am late to the topic, but I think tan or khaki would be a great addition to the color pallet. I was going to suggest tan be a color a while back when koop started adding colors but I thought to myself, kupu is a classy guy and tan is a classy color....... , I don't need to waste this man's time with things he has already got in the works. If I would have known that it wasn't even on the radar I would have spammed this forum with so much tan it would replace the captain's chair as the most pain in the ass topic in current conversation.......... I kid, I kid... but for real, tan. Shine hasn't let me down so far and I don't suspect they will start now. Do the right thing my Galactic Java Overlords, orange and brown beg of you, or my 70's influenced Astro Van space ship, complete with tear drop window, will never come to fruition.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    You know what would be really nice? Wooden planks, slabs, and wedges.

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    ok now even Sarha wants dark red sooo

DARK RED
    DARK GREEN
    DARK COLOURS THAT ARE GENERALY BRIGHT

ESPECIALY DARK RED
    *cough*

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I wish for the return of the olive drab!
    This:

Is now this:

And the block in the inventory still shows the unsaturated values.

Reactions: nightrune

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I wish for the return of the olive drab!
    This:

Is now this:

And the block in the inventory still shows the unsaturated values.
    Yea, i liked the drab too. We also had a similar petition to have it removed, maybe i'll go somewhere in between so nobody's happy. :D
    I'll take another look at basic green.

I like to tinker every now and again and see if i can get a better result from existing assets.

It's not ground breaking, but i think it's better than what we had. What do you think, better or worse?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Beautiful... now just apply it to a bubble ;)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    That is a lot better; looks more like a neat shield effect and less like ugly.