Kupu's thread

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Red and Green standard are already pretty dark...
    but not dark enough. that is like saying grey was already pretty dark, but hey presto we got the holy dark grey

I need dark red, you do not understand my rather insane thirst for blood to be painted across my ships.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Since we are rebranding, how soon until we get magical item sprites? That way when my ship enters PRETTY POWER GLITTER PRINCESS MODE (formerly known as warp) I know that it's powered by the concentrated LOVE, HEART, and SPIRIT contained within my PRETTY POUCH?

Pic related if you need any references

A few of those are from my dildo collection but they still look like good examples of TRANSFORMATION TRINKETS©

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Since we are rebranding, how soon until we get magical item sprites? That way when my ship enters PRETTY POWER GLITTER PRINCESS MODE (formerly known as warp) I know that it's powered by the concentrated LOVE, HEART, and SPIRIT contained within my PRETTY POUCH?

A few of those are from my dildo collection but they still look like good examples of TRANSFORMATION TRINKETS©
    My eyes... They BURRRNNN

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive

Dude seriously... I'm making a moon castle now...

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Teal is now officially my favourite colour in Starmade.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Teal is now officially my favourite colour in Starmade.
    Taking a quick break from my winter nap to say that looks awesome. I'm glad you like it.

I will reply to everyone of you and update you all on pink hulls after the holiday period. I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and are ready for a new year of Starmade developments!

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    A dark red would be good, actually. But if we're to have another color, I find tan/beige to be more needed... You can usually substitute in red for dark red, though it won't look very good, but unless you don't want wedges there's no material that can substitute for tan. Brown is too dark and won't look right in any way, shape, or form substituting for tan in things like Star Wars stuff and EvE Online ships.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    A dark red would be good, actually. But if we're to have another color, I find tan/beige to be more needed... You can usually substitute in red for dark red, though it won't look very good, but unless you don't want wedges there's no material that can substitute for tan. Brown is too dark and won't look right in any way, shape, or form substituting for tan in things like Star Wars stuff and EvE Online ships.
    Maybe brown should be made to more resemble beige (make it less red-ish) and dark red would just be dark red.

Reaction score
    If carved lukrah was an hull block that would work well. Also dark red would be pretty cool. Could be called crimson hull.

Reaction score
    Maybe brown should be made to more resemble beige (make it less red-ish)
    Maybe it shouldn't.
    Currently brown hull/armour is the only tint that even remotely conveys the feeling of something not fresh out of the factory. I'm fine if any other colour is changed or added, but in rust I trust ;)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Maybe brown should be made to more resemble beige (make it less red-ish) and dark red would just be dark red.
    Ew, no! I like my brown as brown, thank you very much. No reason to go changing colors that are already useful as they are. (and that generally aren't complained about) Just add another...

Reaction score
    in that case...

Don't change pink because I like it the way it is!! :p

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ew, no! I like my brown as brown, thank you very much. No reason to go changing colors that are already useful as they are. (and that generally aren't complained about) Just add another...
    But you would have two entirely different shades of brown to experiment and build with!

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    in that case...

Don't change pink because I like it the way it is!! :p
    No reason to go changing colors that are already useful as they are. (and that generally aren't complained about)
    If there were several people saying that the brown needs some adjustment, then I'd accept that.
    There aren't.
    (Likewise, if I was basically the only one that didn't like the pink as it is, I'd probably stop complaining about it... It's not a big deal)

Last edited:

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold

Back to regular schedules! I hope you all had a good holiday break.

So, new pink. New mesh. (note: in direct sunlight). Yay or Nay.

Older textures are being given some love again, just the same as we did with the computer units overhaul. Some older blocks are starting to feel their age when sat among some of the newer additions, or simply aren't as thematic as they could be.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452257887,1452257381][/DOUBLEPOST]To summarize the discussion quickly;

DARK RED DARK RED DARK RED DARK RED. NOW BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR TEH SKULL THRONE I NEED MY DARK RED
    Red and Green standard are already pretty dark...
    Yea. I'd say standard / advanced red is about as dark as we will go with the current method of colour hulls.

...but if we're to have another color, I find tan/beige to be more needed...
    Maybe brown should be made to more resemble beige...
    Maybe it shouldn't.
    Currently brown hull/armour is the only tint that even remotely conveys the feeling of something not fresh out of the factory. I'm fine if any other colour is changed or added, but in rust I trust ;)
    Brown will remain brown. The only way we will get Tan colours in the game is by adding specific Tan colours in the game. I won't have them hijack the brown slot. It's widely used as it is and i have not personally received any complaint regarding them.

Q; So are you going to add Tan to the hull set?

A; This has (amazingly) never been mentioned before, as far as i recall. So there would be no immediate plans to add them. It just gets put on the list of possible additions to be talked over with the team.

Reaction score

A; This has (amazingly) never been mentioned before, as far as i recall. So there would be no immediate plans to add them. It just gets put on the list of possible additions to be talked over with the team.
    Regarding colours, personally I think the game could use a few more subdued colours, like the dark/wine/blood red mentioned earlier, or a more olive/mossy green, or maybe navy/midnight blue; tan would be welcome as well, although Lukrah already kind of fills that role.

What I'd absolutely love though would be shapes for the mineral blocks (plain and carved), as I tend to use them quite a lot for planetary structures, and wedges et cetera would be very welcome additions. Just a few more options to build "planetside retro style" would be nice.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10

Back to regular schedules! I hope you all had a good holiday break.

So, new pink. New mesh. (note: in direct sunlight). Yay or Nay.

Older textures are being given some love again, just the same as we did with the computer units overhaul. Some older blocks are starting to feel their age when sat among some of the newer additions, or simply aren't as thematic as they could be.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452257887,1452257381][/DOUBLEPOST]To summarize the discussion quickly;

Yea. I'd say standard / advanced red is about as dark as we will go with the current method of colour hulls.

Brown will remain brown. The only way we will get Tan colours in the game is by adding specific Tan colours in the game. I won't have them hijack the brown slot. It's widely used as it is and i have not personally received any complaint regarding them.

The Mesh texture is really nice but I dont like how the grill looks like a dull grey and not like shinny metal. Not a fan of it.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Regarding colours, personally I think the game could use a few more subdued colours, like the dark/wine/blood red mentioned earlier, or a more olive/mossy green, or maybe navy/midnight blue
    YES!