Kupu's thread

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Also Will we be getting more blocks that can be rotated more than just the 6 different directions? I mean get the texture facing the way you want and rotate it so the graphic is aligned a specific way? (just like we do with the rails, this would be really handy for at least the display module)
    And computers

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    So i've been re-assigning everything as i said earlier. I spent so long looking at the textures that i couldn't help see a load of little annoyances that i wanted fixing.

Hulls were not as sharp as i wanted them to be. The wear and tear was noisy, the pattern blurred and the normal maps compounded the issue. "Basic Hull" sort of looked a little 'meh' and i didn't quite feel it offers an alternative use (visually) beyond its cheap stats in the early days of playing. The colours were of a different shade, but not enough for players to purposely skin sections in these colours to achieve more varied colour schemes.

So i've remade them to the exact same designs, just a little better. Yes, the exact same designs.

Is this a game changing super noticeable difference? No. Certainly not :) But it will help me sleep at night and perhaps those of you using 256 resolutions and normal maps will get a sharper experience. Just a little tweak amongst lots of new blocks / features.

The heavy, industrious strengthened hulls.

Our sleeker, light weight hull.

Also Ice Crystals got their new texture, as will the Warhead (previously shown), glowy bits on decorative blocks now look glowy and of course the rails! Which are pretty much done and just require the normal maps. The crystal hulls also got their colour and transparency fixed, the glass is now less blue and a bit more transparent. Lighting for logic blocks has been tweaked to avoid over saturation of the texture, forcefield wedges and scaffolding wedges are tentatively planned too.

When do we get all this? On the release of the Rails update i imagine.

Also Will we be getting more blocks that can be rotated more than just the 6 different directions?
    In all honesty, i don't know.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    So i've been re-assigning everything as i said earlier. I spent so long looking at the textures that i couldn't help see a load of little annoyances that i wanted fixing.

Hulls were not as sharp as i wanted them to be. The wear and tear was noisy, the pattern blurred and the normal maps compounded the issue. "Basic Hull" sort of looked a little 'meh' and i didn't quite feel it offers an alternative use (visually) beyond its cheap stats in the early days of playing. The colours were of a different shade, but not enough for players to purposely skin sections in these colours to achieve more varied colour schemes.

So i've remade them to the exact same designs, just a little better. Yes, the exact same designs.

Is this a game changing super noticeable difference? No. Certainly not :) But it will help me sleep at night and perhaps those of you using 256 resolutions and normal maps will get a sharper experience. Just a little tweak amongst lots of new blocks / features.

Also Ice Crystals got their new texture, as will the Warhead (previously shown), glowy bits on decorative blocks now look glowy and of course the rails! Which are pretty much done and just require the normal maps. The crystal hulls also got their colour and transparency fixed, the glass is now less blue and a bit more transparent. Lighting for logic blocks has been tweaked to avoid over saturation of the texture, forcefield wedges and scaffolding wedges are tentatively planned too.

holy smoke! thats awesome KUPU!

Reactions: generalBLT13

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9

*Jaw drops*

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    It was probably very minimal changes and those hull look pretty amazing now.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    New sheet format? HELL YEAH. And those texture fixes, while minor, look... beautiful. o_O

EDIT: Wedge computers? Wow, this update is getting better by the minute. From the big stuff to the small stuff, this looks to be just an incredible improvement in general.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Dat rail texture though!! Certainly not gonna hide those behind armor cause they look sweet! Probably would make great floor deco too so that players know where the front of the ship is plus they look a tad bit like thrusters which we already use!

Reactions: NeonSturm

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    EDIT: Wedge computers? Wow, this update is getting better by the minute. From the big stuff to the small stuff, this looks to be just an incredible improvement in general.
    Oh sorry, perhaps i was unclear. I mean to test the possibility. There could be some severe rotation bugs that prohibit this, but new orientation fixes might make it feasible. I need to test it.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Any sneak peeks for the new logic blocks: buttons, toggles, wireless? I would love to get my hands on a pre-release version of the textures for video making purposes.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Oh sorry, perhaps i was unclear. I mean to test the possibility. There could be some severe rotation bugs that prohibit this, but new orientation fixes might make it feasible. I need to test it.
    Still great... Even if there are rotation issues then the ability to put a specific texture (Even if it's just a different color of hull, or a blank screen) on a wedge is really cool.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I found a good texture for rails.
    See the seat-place?
    Something similar would look futuristic and awesome. Except there is already one I don't know of.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I found a good texture for rails.

See the seat-place?
    Something similar would look futuristic and awesome. Except there is already one I don't know of.
    Not bad but, the rails need something to visually represent the direction they are pointing in. Besides, judging by the screenshot in Kupu's earlier post, he already has a design in mind.

Nice to see some creative suggestions though :)

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Not bad but, the rails need something to visually represent the direction they are pointing in. Besides, judging by the screenshot in Kupu's earlier post, he already has a design in mind.

Nice to see some creative suggestions though :)
    Yup. The needs were: mechanical, magnetic, animated, able to show a clear direction.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    SHRINK RAY!

Progress on this should now speed up. I'm at about 40%.
    Pretty, although I'm curious, if its going to be made redundant and removed soon, why the docking enhancer texture?