Introduction thread!

Reaction score
    Hey all,

As you can probably tell I am a very big Star Wars fan, hence the name, which will also make my next statement even more weird. I currently admin a private server that is focused on Star Trek style ships which we intend to open up eventually. Now that I have raised your eyebrows you are probably thinking 'if your a star wars fan, why a star trek server?!" It is really quite simple, while I love star wars ships they lack the elegance of ships from Star Trek.

Of course the moment Starmade can handle it I will be building a 1 to 1 Starforge :)

I also have the bad habit of finding new sandbox games and dragging my friends into all of them. In my quest for the perfect sandbox I have come upon Starmade and I don't see myself leaving anytime soon.

Reaction score
    Hi, my name is hzzzln, I'm from Germany and I tend to alienate every community I try to be part of. I hope that doesn't happen here, as I think Starmade is one of the best games ever made, and it looks like it's got an amazing community. I'll give my best.

I usually play Singleplayer, but I've also played a bit on feedupyourbeast and eventually plan to play there fulltime when I got a decent fleet going (and also when my exams are done).

Here are also 2 screenshots of one of my first ships and of the station I'm currently building. Feel free to give some feedback here, as I don't think they merit an own thread (yet).
    2015-02-10_00010.jpg 2015-02-10_00008.jpg

Reactions: MossyStone48
    Reaction score
    Sears! Hello!

First sorry for my not so good english ;)
    I am 25 Year old man from Austria, I have seen Starmade in the Steamstore and must Buy it.. As Kid i played alot of Lego, most of the time i Build Castles but i also Build the one or the other Spaceship.
    Now i can Fly witht the Ship a Dream come True!
    The only other Sci Fi game i have Played is Freelance a great Game. In Starmade i play most of the Time the Singleplayer. I have finished my first "bigger" Ship and i am very Happy with it.
    So have fun maybe we meet us in the Space.

Reaction score
    Hello I am Sherm. I picked up star-made off Steam 3 weeks ago and have since logged 120hrs or so of play time. Despite a slow start (steep learning curve) I am really enjoying the game. I say 'steep' though that is a matter of perspective- this is my first real exposure to a VOXEL based game so i'm sure those who come from mine-craft or similar get spun-up much quicker.

At any rate, the online resources are in-depth and plentiful and i'm starting to find my way around the Starmade universe. I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself but also offer an encouraging word. While reading through the forums I have seen some hate spew forth even to the point of personal attack( like the kid who kept calling everything a fcking joke) and so on.

To Schema and the rest of the team- I am loving Starmade! You guys are doing a great job, keep up the good work and don't listen to the hate. I am certain Starmade is the most entertainment $9.99 has ever got me.

P.S Im glad you went with the 'round' planets, the disks look weird to me.

Reaction score
    Hi everyone! I'm Shane from Canada and just "picked up" StarMade last night. Still puttering around with things and wondering if there's additional walkthroughs for any tutorial items I may have missed or forgotten already.

Reaction score
    Hi everyone! I'm Shane from Canada and just "picked up" StarMade last night. Still puttering around with things and wondering if there's additional walkthroughs for any tutorial items I may have missed or forgotten already.
    Hello! There sure are some tutorials. You can go to the wiki to learn the basics about some stuff.
    Here's a tutorial on power.
    And here's one about how to make weapons/effects in Starmade.

Finally, you can learn a lot just by asking people on the forums. Thanks for playing Starmae. =)

Reaction score
    Hullo all. I'm fairly new to the game and interested in trying it out on a public server as opposed to the lonely wasteland that is my solo game.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Greetings non Noobs. I am Dannage, living in Blighty.

I am just starting up a gaming video channel on you-tube and have come to the forums looking to see if there are any 'daily challenge' type threads, so I can do something a bit more interesting than just walking around any of my unfinished ships. I say that as if therehave been many, I have only really been playing on an off for a few months. Did try a big mothership build which was going quite well (got to half a million blocks) but didn't like the ay the details were going and so binned it.

Am absolutely loving the new stations and some of the content you guys have here. Am in perpetual awe of all master builders and will only promise to make the not-so-good builders amongst you feel better about yourselves when you see my stuff. ;)

Glad to be here, thanks for having me.

Auriga_Nexus

Befriender of Worlds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hel~lo! I'm Auriga Nexus, but just call me Auriga or Aurie if you're feeling lazy. I'm a 24-yr-old Computer Information Systems major from Laramie, WY who has been addicted to space combat simulators since playing Freelancer in the sixth grade, crafting/survival games since Don't Starve a year back, and PvP-oriented MMO's since starting EVE Online a few years back as well.

I'm also a huge otaku who speaks in obscure memes and fan references, and I like magical girl anime a lot, one franchise in particular. So yeah, don't cross me in space or you'll get befriended, Nanoha-style. In case you're wondering what that means... ever seen a 10-year-old Japanese schoolgirl with an AI magic staff nuke half a planet? Yeah. It is a beautiful yet terrible sight to behold.

Looking forward to playing with all of you!

Reaction score
    here's mine from the old forums. X <-----
    hope this is fine lol but yeah, that was like 3 years ago :X anyways, i have returned! sort-of...

I kinda left when the "Yogstorm" hit and I can still attribute myself to getting my friends hooked on to StarMade :p

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hi I am Texanaut - i have been trolling this forum for months, but finally joining to help contribute some video / images of stuff me and friends make. Im an older cat and play with 18+ up people.

anyways. love the game!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hi, I'm Dragon Lord/Draconis Domini (my long-standing net-moniker is Dragon Lord, in cases where someone has got there first I translate it into latin).
    I've been playing around with Starmade for a month or so now, gradually getting used to how things work (primarily in single player). I'm a big Warhammer 40k fan, so when I get around to posting a shipyard thread, expect some 40k related stuff!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Hello, I go by aRottenKomquat. Most of my gaming is on sandbox block games these days and I finally decided to give StarMade a try since I'm currently a bit burned-out on Space Engineers. I put up a dedicated server this weekend and am trying to get my friends in as well, this looks like it might be the first block game I've played ideal for an open PvP/factions server.

Still trying to figure out the game. I got a basic ship together, flew a few systems away from spawn, and am trying to figure out all the different ores and resources.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Space can be a scary place. The risks can be worth it tho.

Reactions: Magical_nut
    Reaction score
    Hello all,
    My name is Magical_nut, or Nut for short. I happened to stumble upon Starmade while going on my usual steam binge. I'm a big fan of block building games, Minecraft and the sorts, and was looking for something that I could fixate on for a long time. This game just happened to fit that bill ever so well. I currently work at Apple, and love software design and development. (Yes, I game on a Mac.)

I've hosted successful servers for Minecraft and am currently building one for Starmade. However I am fairly new to this game and it has taken some time to pick up! I am looking forward to playing with all of you at one point or another! Let me know if anyone is interested in joining a small, new server.

Thanks!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hello! My name is Aqui or Qrendi depending on the game. I have been playing Starmade for quite awhile though I just recently moved my account over to Steam. I stream (http://www.twitch.tv/qrendi/profile) a bit and will be starting a series with a few friends in the next week or so whenever I finish solo building a station to base out of if anyone is interested. Also I guess if you have any ships you wouldn't mind me using as relics to give the system a bit of character PM me an we can figure it out.

A bit about me then, I am a college student who majors in environmental science and love building large stations, ships and even just goofing around to see what happens!

Cheers,

Aqui/Qrendi

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I am Shadowulf. I'm not much of anything, except creative. in starmade, my only complete builds are small, and every project i start that takes more than a few days, i start spending less and less time on. I love the game and am a new member of a server, so hopefully my ship-building confidence gets a boost

Otherwise i enjoy Video Games, especially the Gears of War franchise, and am a knowledgable guy on a lot of stuff. I know a little about a lot of topics, not a lot about a few topics. Metal Machining is my job, and i love it. I try to always be polite, and am almost always online after 7 EST, so feel free to message me anytime. I don't bite....often