Read by Council imprinting blueprint/design onto storage, storage quotas

Reaction score
    Ok, I'm the first to admit this isn't a huge thing, and I'm not convinced it's worth more than a few hours of coding, but if it's not too much of a hassle:

SUGGESTION 1: add an option to storage blocks to copy the item list from a blueprint/design into that blocks pull list, then use

SUGGESTION 2: quotas on storage blocks, so that if they're switched to FILL QUOTA, they keep pulling items til they hit a predefined number, which would trigger

SUGGESTION 3: a high signal once the quota is reached, and adjacent buttons pulsing whenever one item reaches it's quota.

So the idea is that once you've reached the point in your factory build that you have a lot of automation (for hull, weapons and effects mostly) this tool would help you sidestep (to a degree)the tedium of going back and forth between shipyard and factory while the ship is being constructed, or of stopping what you're doing to check a blueprint every few seconds. Instead, it simply passively builds the inventory for your ship and then tells you when it's ready.

Now I'm aware there are suggestions for allowing the shipyard to take control of factories, which would make these suggestions nearly worthless, however I personally don't like that idea because I would still like to be rewarded for my factory design somehow, and bypassing it would be kind of lame for me. I would like to get back to my shipyard and see some flashing lights indicating I have another fighter ready to be constructed, Or that I have ten of the 15 ships I need for my next fleet.

Anyway, I would like to see your thoughts on this.

P.S. This would be great for mining outposts/ turrets / warpgate stations/ really anything you might need a lot of. Just saying.

Reactions: kiraen
    Reaction score
    I'm just gonna bump this once before allowing it to sink into the oblivion of the second page, but Iwas thinking a little more about it and I wanted to flesh out the idea for storage quotas.

Basically, if there was an option in the storage interface for entering in quotas then switching between FILL QUOTA and normal PULL , you could tweak your cargo system to a much finer degree than is currently possible with just cargo blocks, which only allow for units of 100 volume.

Just this without the logic would open the door to some interesting possibilities, and if it were paired with the fleet system it could make freighters really interesting. Quotas could be used as a ' shopping list' of sorts, letting you send a freighter out with some cash or goods and a quota to fill, or with automining it might be implemented as a way to prioritize certain minerals.

Once again, I'm not saying that I think this is a necessary addition to the game, it's mostly just one possible feature that I know would get some use.

Reaction score
    Here's a slightly more refined and simpler idea that more people seem to be behind. Recognized - Raw Resources used in Shipyard BP Construction
    OK, so when I said this:

Now I'm aware there are suggestions for allowing the shipyard to take control of factories, which would make these suggestions nearly worthless, however I personally don't like that idea because I would still like to be rewarded for my factory design somehow, and bypassing it would be kind of lame for me..
    I was talking about that thread, among others. I can understand the confusion.