Read by Schine Have Bobby AI Modules Take a Logic Input That Overrides the AI

Reaction score
    The idea is to allow fleet commands to be overridden by a high logic input and another command be input instead. For instance, if the signal is high, you could program in "on high signal, return to carrier."

Something like this would be really useful for mining drones, you could have the drones automatically return to the mother ship to unload once their storage is full (assuming that's how the logic inputs from storage blocks work, I'm not 100% sure it is...), then resume mining.

It could also be used to give part of your fleet a different command during battle via wireless activation blocks. You could tell half of your fleet to return to formation while the other half presses the attack, set up and command the fleet to attack in waves, etc.

Reactions: Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Fleet orders that can be assigned with logic? COUNT ME IN!!!

The thing with automatic mining drone recall is brilliant. I was trying to figure out a system that could do that but simply using logic with storage is the best I've seen so far.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would assume that automatically recalling mining drones when their cargo space is full is something they're already planning on. It's basic enough that I don't feel like you should need logic to do it.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    So many suggestions are about connecting blocks or mechanics or fleet stuff with logic. I am not sure it will ever end. Regardless, I will archive this suggestion, but I have very little to say about the merits of these types of suggestions.