Bug Game stuck at Logging in as...

Reaction score
    Title sums it up. But when I go to the settings page before the game starts and you hit okay it goes through connecting and then just sits at logging in and doesn't do anything else. It's never taken that long at all.
    Anyone have any ideas on how to fix?
    I'm using version 0.1421

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Please use the Starmade System Checker and post the log here.

In case you get no errors, please check your /starmade/logs directory, and delete everything in it,
    then try to start the game again,
    and if it fails again, please send me the /logs directory zipped or at least the largest file in it.

- Andy

Reaction score
    I got two errors. one saying my java was out of date. So i updated it. It also said my graphics driver is out of date and i updated that although it still says its out of date. The game is still getting suck on the logging in part. Did you want the log folder after i deleted it? or the zipped log folder that was already in there?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2180zurwbd3zt4e/logs.zip < this is the one that was already zipped before i deleted all the stuff in the logs directory

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    A couple of more basic things you could try:
    Run as Admin
    Run a dedicated server first, then join it manually
    See if a friend on the same network can join the dedicated (if you can't)

Hope that helps!

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Okay, at the moment you saved those log "[2014-04-16 08:56:02]" you were running one instance of starmade, and another one was trying to lock the database, but could not due to another instance locking it.

Another thing:
    Code:
    [2014-04-16 08:54:02] [SERVER] ###### READING ALL BLUEPRINTS!
    [2014-04-16 08:54:02] [SERVER] ###### READING ALL 2 BLUEPRINTS FINISHED! TOOK 57ms
    [2014-04-16 08:54:02] java.lang.NumberFormatException: empty String
    [2014-04-16 08:54:02]     at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(Unknown Source)
    [2014-04-16 08:54:02]     at java.lang.Float.parseFloat(Unknown Source)
    [2014-04-16 08:54:02]     at org.schema.game.common.Starter.a(SourceFile:467)
    [2014-04-16 08:54:02]     at org.schema.game.common.Starter.main(SourceFile:838)
    One of your, or to be exactly, the one Blueprint you added has some extra file in it, or is damaged at all, failing to load.

So far all looked good, except that your game did get it right one time, but due to a previous crash it was recovering the database while you hit cancel.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I am having the exact same issue as IsoDidact. I get stuck on the "Logging in as..." message. I've been eager to play version 0.157, and it's killing me.

Reactions: Planr