Recognized Faction Permission Module Linking (Public Shipyard Bug)

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    This is kind of a re-post as for some reason I missed this forum section earlier and may have stuck the original in the wrong place (Original post: http://starmadedock.net/threads/public-shipyards.21174/#post-232858).

Anyway, have run into an issue building a public shipyard. Public access can be achieved by attaching a Faction Permissions Module to the Shipyard Core Anchor, however, a disembarking vessel collides with the Faction Permissions Module and winds up stuck/lagging the server.

The most ideal/apparently most popular solution would be to allow c/v linking between the Faction Permissions Module and the Shipyard Core Anchor.

This solution would also be glorious across the board in regard to making public access in ship and station construction, especially if one could link multiple systems to a single Faction Permissions Module.

Thanks for your commentary and consideration,
    - Weis

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I am unsure if we will change how permissions work in the future, as there are other systems that would benefit if they were simply connected. I think a better solution for now would be tieing permissions to the shipyard computer and granting access to all aspects from there. I will mention this to Schema.

Reactions: ToasterBorst

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    Thanks a lot for the bump Criss!

As we kind of touched on while streaming tonight, there are many other areas some form of linking could benefit, in example, when making a public dock I like to hide my mechanics as much as possible. I also like to include moving parts, lights, etc in dock designs. If I wish to make a public dock w/ an activation module, the activator or the faction permission module has to be exposed as both cannot fit behind the rail. Linking would fix this. I totally understand that permissions systems could change though and that this complicates the issue.

Thanks again for looking into it!