Energy Sword

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You're really butthurt over the bat'leths aren't you? A refined mind... lol...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1419906667,1419906632][/DOUBLEPOST]

Intelligent. Right. Okay

Sure. Sure.

Okay.

Fine.
    no i am not i am just defending a sify that i like from people who don't know enough about it but still try to come up with reasons why it is bad and incorrect

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    no i am not i am just defending a sify that i like from people who don't know enough about it but still try to come up with reasons why it is bad and incorrect
    Don't know enough about it? You don't know that. I just think the entire show is a humanity circle jerk that claims we'd be the young, but plucky race to come in, make everyone become friends because of our enthusiasm, despite century long conflicts, like the Vulcans and Andorians, and then create a quadrant wide Federation committed to just exploring the galaxy, and then abolish money and any form of economy. That is someone's unrealistic wet dream.

You mean to tell me, that we eliminated the need for money, that everyone is free, and equal, and nobody is poor? What about Dueterium? They still need to mine that shit to fuel their warp based technology. So, there's a contradiction right there. It's a Dueterium based economy. The Dueterium Dollar if you will.

And then you have the Klingon Empire. Honour honour honour honour honour and more fucking honour. For a warrior race, they have some dumbass looking weapons and their Birds of Prey are a fricking joke. Who the hell puts the main Plasma conduit, an highly unstable Plasma conduit, in a thin stick structure, barely 10 metres across, connecting the bridge to the rest of the ship. One torpedo and boom. Gone. How they've lasted this long is beyond me. They also use dueterium in their designs as well, so they'd be at the mercy of a Federation run Dueterium Dollar.

The only force in the quadrant that should be able to wipe out both the disenfranchised and scattered fleet of the Starfleet and the laughably designed Klingon ships of the KDF are the Romuluan Star Empire. But of course, it's an Empire, so you have the cliche "political backstabbing lol." They're a highly militarized force, large Empire with the resources to wage a sustained war, and they don't use dueterium, meaning they wouldn't be at the mercy of a Federation run Dueterium Dollar. They make use of micro-singularities to power their ships, a near perpetual energy source, which doesn't need Dueterium to power it. They have an economical independence.

In fact, why haven't more wars broken out over Dueterium mining rights, or any implication that the Federation might be monopolizing it? The Cardassians, the Bree, the Ferengi, etc all at the mercy of the Federation's imperialistic resource grabbing hands. Maybe the Cardassian invasion of Bajor wouldn't have happened if they had more access to Dueterium, but the Federation only took notice when the Bajoran wormhole reared it's massive head.

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    Don't know enough about it? You don't know that. I just think the entire show is a humanity circle jerk that claims we'd be the young, but plucky race to come in, make everyone become friends because of our enthusiasm, despite century long conflicts, like the Vulcans and Andorians, and then create a quadrant wide Federation committed to just exploring the galaxy, and then abolish money and any form of economy. That is someone's unrealistic wet dream.

You mean to tell me, that we eliminated the need for money, that everyone is free, and equal, and nobody is poor? What about Dueterium? They still need to mine that shit to fuel their warp based technology. So, there's a contradiction right there. It's a Dueterium based economy. The Dueterium Dollar if you will.

And then you have the Klingon Empire. Honour honour honour honour honour and more fucking honour. For a warrior race, they have some dumbass looking weapons and their Birds of Prey are a fricking joke. Who the hell puts the main Plasma conduit, an highly unstable Plasma conduit, in a thin stick structure, barely 10 metres across, connecting the bridge to the rest of the ship. One torpedo and boom. Gone. How they've lasted this long is beyond me. They also use dueterium in their designs as well, so they'd be at the mercy of a Federation run Dueterium Dollar.

The only force in the quadrant that should be able to wipe out both the disenfranchised and scattered fleet of the Starfleet and the laughably designed Klingon ships of the KDF are the Romuluan Star Empire. But of course, it's an Empire, so you have the cliche "political backstabbing lol." They're a highly militarized force, large Empire with the resources to wage a sustained war, and they don't use dueterium, meaning they wouldn't be at the mercy of a Federation run Dueterium Dollar. They make use of micro-singularities to power their ships, a near perpetual energy source, which doesn't need Dueterium to power it. They have an economical independence.

In fact, why haven't more wars broken out over Dueterium mining rights, or any implication that the Federation might be monopolizing it? The Cardassians, the Bree, the Ferengi, etc all at the mercy of the Federation's imperialistic resource grabbing hands. Maybe the Cardassian invasion of Bajor wouldn't have happened if they had more access to Dueterium, but the Federation only took notice when the Bajoran wormhole reared it's massive head.
    In Star Trek human "negative" traits have been shipped off to alien races, violence to Klingons, greed to Ferengi and so on, the writing on Star Trek never has been really good.

The one thing that always buggered me was the Klingons always talking about honor while flying around cloaked...

On melee weapons in starmade: i think this would be a thing for mods later on, then every server can cater to any fanbase as needed/wanted.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Unnamed25

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    A generic melee weapon would be cool. I don't see much use for it as long as boarding is impossible, but hey, it'd be cool.

Also, Bat'leths are possibly the most impractical weapon in existence. And it's not even an "awesome but impractical" weapon, like, say flamethrowers. It doesn't even look cool.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4

there was a thing invented called a replicator they can just replicate deuterium so they don't need to mine it also in answer to NuclearFun when klingons are at war there is nothing more honourable than winning so they don't really pay attention to their tactics back to what incap was saying have you seen battleships today there bridges are at some of the most easily attackable areas on the ships and i don't see them with shields or internal and external force fields so it really does not matter where the bridge is located photon torpedoes and quantum torpedoes would rip holes in the hulls of nearly every ship in star trek (there are 2 races that might survive cardassians because they go insane on hull armour and klingons not as drastic as cardassians but still a fair bit) so really it does not matter where the bridge is since the have shields also it is not a based economy since they have more than one way to fuel warp cores

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    With all the scifi talk it makes me wonder if we should just keep it simple. The new melee weapon for StarMade should be a twisted wet towel. It'd be unique and symbolic to a point.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yes. We need a long blade, a short blade... and a towel.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    there was a thing invented called a replicator they can just replicate deuterium so they don't need to mine it also in answer to NuclearFun when klingons are at war there is nothing more honourable than winning so they don't really pay attention to their tactics back to what incap was saying have you seen battleships today there bridges are at some of the most easily attackable areas on the ships and i don't see them with shields or internal and external force fields so it really does not matter where the bridge is located photon torpedoes and quantum torpedoes would rip holes in the hulls of nearly every ship in star trek (there are 2 races that might survive cardassians because they go insane on hull armour and klingons not as drastic as cardassians but still a fair bit) so really it does not matter where the bridge is since the have shields also it is not a based economy since they have more than one way to fuel warp cores

^This was my face trying to translate your fucking post.

You're fairly correct about dueterium, I messed up. I meant Dilithium. Which is actually a mined resource. Never have I seen a episode of Star Trek, where they've gone to the captain about their dilithium supplies, and the answer they got was: "It's okay, we can just replicate it." In fact, you mine Dilithium crystals in Star Trek Online which use them as a currency for buying new ships or special weapons.

So the warrior race, who pride themselves on martial might, and their courage in battle are perfectly fine with hiding from their enemies and using underhanded tactics to win? You realize this makes the Klingons seems like a bunch of cowards, right?

We don't mount our battleship bridges on large poles that can be cut through with a hacksaw. They're also heavily defended by things called 'Close In Weapon Systems.' I watched the Voyager take two torpedoes to the saucer section which indeed made a hole, but didn't spell certain doom for the entire ship or destroy it outright. In Enterprise, they fired ONE phaser beam into the EXPOSED plasma conduit and the entire ship was rendered completely wrecked, and most of the crew killed.

Name one more way to fuel a warp core that can be supplied with the use of a replicator, because I'm sure that thing is only good for food, machine parts, tools, medicines and Janeway's black coffee.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Tea. Earl Grey, hot.

The idea of dual wield comes to mind as well. Like a pair of space daggers. Made from sharpened hull shards. High dps and easier to make than a proper star metal sword. Make one, easy, make two, not so far. Made just a basic weapons crafting system that can tier melee weapons into ranged weapons? Hmm.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I'll take a standard Ka-bar, thanks.

We don't need any fancy electro-shocky flaming 16 foot soul reapers. This is space. If you puncture someone's suit they will die.

That is all. Carry on.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'll take a standard Ka-bar, thanks.

We don't need any fancy electro-shocky flaming 16 foot soul reapers. This is space. If you puncture someone's suit they will die.

That is all. Carry on.
    I wanna flaming bat-leth with pom poms :/

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    i want a laser sword that when i wave it back and forth leaves the rough outline of a dolphin and a little scrolling text line at the bottom that repeats the lyrics to 'so long and thanks for all the fish' while playing a chiptune version of the song in sync with the lyrics.

you know what. nvm, space hull shard dagger sounds cooler anyhow. call them the twin 42s.

Last edited:

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor

You're fairly correct about dueterium, I messed up. I meant Dilithium. Which is actually a mined resource. Never have I seen a episode of Star Trek, where they've gone to the captain about their dilithium supplies, and the answer they got was: "It's okay, we can just replicate it." In fact, you mine Dilithium crystals in Star Trek Online which use them as a currency for buying new ships or special weapons.

So the warrior race, who pride themselves on martial might, and their courage in battle are perfectly fine with hiding from their enemies and using underhanded tactics to win? You realize this makes the Klingons seems like a bunch of cowards, right?

We don't mount our battleship bridges on large poles that can be cut through with a hacksaw. They're also heavily defended by things called 'Close In Weapon Systems.' I watched the Voyager take two torpedoes to the saucer section which indeed made a hole, but didn't spell certain doom for the entire ship or destroy it outright. In Enterprise, they fired ONE phaser beam into the EXPOSED plasma conduit and the entire ship was rendered completely wrecked, and most of the crew killed.

Name one more way to fuel a warp core that can be supplied with the use of a replicator, because I'm sure that thing is only good for food, machine parts, tools, medicines and Janeway's black coffee.
    Ah, just leave the boy alone. I don't even read his posts, I just contemplate how they look like solid blocks of poop and ignore them.

But anyways, I guess you're right. But maybe it shows the hypocrisy of the races? I mean, maybe the producers did that on purpose? Not out of a lack of thought, but just to show that no matter how much we grow, we will always be the same.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4

Dilithium crystals can be recrystallized inside the warp core while working so the need for massive mines is not needed as much. In fact there are some races in the federation who do mining of there own free will and use it to trade for other stuff one example of this is hortas they became a fully integrated part of the federation. startrek online uses dilitium as a currency because well really there is nothing else of value since you can not do trading like in star trek so they had to do something apart from zen.

I have seen many an episode were they have not complained about there dilithium supplies running low sure in TOS they did but that is because at that point in time they did not have the knowledge get recrystilisation to work they did once in star trek 4 the voyager home but that was a very crude method and was not used on there starships again for a long time until TNG when they had mastered the process.

Another point is that sure the bridges were a bit dangerous sure our ships now have defence systems but in star trek they have shields that would stop the damage and then for the klingons have armour that will try to negate most of the damage. On more than one occasion ships when there shields have been down they have been destroyed by ONE phaser or photon torpedo as seen in the dominion war a lot .

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Dilithium crystals can be recrystallized inside the warp core while working so the need for massive mines is not needed as much. In fact there are some races in the federation who do mining of there own free will and use it to trade for other stuff one example of this is hortas they became a fully integrated part of the federation. startrek online uses dilitium as a currency because well really there is nothing else of value since you can not do trading like in star trek so they had to do something apart from zen.

I have seen many an episode were they have not complained about there dilithium supplies running low sure in TOS they did but that is because at that point in time they did not have the knowledge get recrystilisation to work they did once in star trek 4 the voyager home but that was a very crude method and was not used on there starships again for a long time until TNG when they had mastered the process.

Another point is that sure the bridges were a bit dangerous sure our ships now have defence systems but in star trek they have shields that would stop the damage and then for the klingons have armour that will try to negate most of the damage. On more than one occasion ships when there shields have been down they have been destroyed by ONE phaser or photon torpedo as seen in the dominion war a lot .

Someone help me. I've engaged in a fanboy flame war.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    then just surrender while you still can resistance is futile

^favorite film honestly. I loved the stark contrast with the way the Federation had painted Cockran, and the reality of who and what he was.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor

^favorite film honestly. I loved the stark contrast with the way the Federation had painted Cockran, and the reality of who and what he was.
    I loved Star Trek First contact mainly because there wasn't any bs. Like you said, Cockran, and the scene where Picard guns down the borg and enjoys it really show alot about his character. He isn't so two dimensional anymore.