Energy Sword

Reaction score
    yes I don't care if it some thing like a halo energy sword or just a knife I want to stab some one,

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    they are more useful than you think there not a stab weapon there a slash weapon designed to kill wound disarm your enemies and can be used to great effect in combat
    They're more for show than anything. The Star Trek producers made it that way. Unless you're an actual klingon or smart person, you'd use a sword or gun hundreds of idiots with swords down with a machine gun.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I know you want more Halo, but this isn't Halo. This thread should be named 'Melee Weapons'
    No I don't want to see Starmade become more like Halo and even if I did energy weapons wouldn't have anything to do with it, the UNSC uses bullets. I used energy sword because it has been used by other works not just Halo, Halo is just the most well known. I couldn't use light saber and plasma sword was to close to light saber for my liking. Energy sword just gave me the most open ended description for a sci-fi sword I could think of. After all energy sword could mean a sword that has a blade made out of some sort of exotic energy particles, or it could be a normal sword with an electrified blade.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    No I don't want to see Starmade become more like Halo and even if I did energy weapons wouldn't have anything to do with it, the UNSC uses bullets. I used energy sword because it has been used by other works not just Halo, Halo is just the most well known. I couldn't use light saber and plasma sword was to close to light saber for my liking. Energy sword just gave me the most open ended description for a sci-fi sword I could think of. After all energy sword could mean a sword that has a blade made out of some sort of exotic energy particles, or it could be a normal sword with an electrified blade.
    The sword in Halo is literally called 'Energy Sword.' And your avatar is from Halo. Can you see how I might have come to that assumption? We have had so many suggestions from people reeking of Halo fandom, with amazing and innovative examples such as; "WE NED MACS LOL." and "PLASMA AND GLASSING BEAMS PLOX." that it has made me so incredibly jaded. Hell, you can't say it doesn't happen, because we had someone in this very thread, albeit of a different fandom, push for a melee weapon from an already existing universe.

Starmade is Starmade.

I don't want energy swords. I don't want Bat'leths. I don't want lightsabres.

I want it to do it's own thing, instead of just borrowing from other fandoms to appease a few kids who haven't even experienced any other sci-fi, cemented in the infantile belief that theirs is the superior one and constantly compare other Sci-fi to their retarded exceptions born from their retarded lust for the one sci-fi they have watched or played.

If you truly wanted to discuss melee weapons, then you should have titled the thread; "Melee Weapons: What can we accomplish?"

Also, 'exotic energy particles' is such a loose term, that you can say any kind of weapon that uses such things are energy swords. And a physical blade with an electrified surface is a a shock stick/blade/baton.

PS. I fucking hate Halo, and want to choke it to death, but 343 Industries is doing a good enough job already.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1419884030,1419883719][/DOUBLEPOST]
    They're more for show than anything. The Star Trek producers made it that way. Unless you're an actual klingon or smart person, you'd use a sword or gun hundreds of idiots with swords down with a machine gun.
    Hell, I think the Klingons must be retarded for even deciding that was a good design. If you handed them proper weapons, then they wouldn't get their arses kicked by a Federation full of pacifist, marxist pussies.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The sword in Halo is literally called 'Energy Sword.' And your avatar is from Halo. Can you see how I might have come to that assumption? We have had so many suggestions from people reeking of Halo fandom, with amazing and innovative examples such as; "WE NED MACS LOL." and "PLASMA AND GLASSING BEAMS PLOX." that it has made me so incredibly jaded. Hell, you can't say it doesn't happen, because we had someone in this very thread, albeit of a different fandom, push for a melee weapon from an already existing universe.

Starmade is Starmade.

I want it to do it's own thing, instead of just borrowing from other fandoms to appease a few kids who haven't even experienced any other sci-fi, cemented in the infantile belief that theirs is the superior one and constantly compare other Sci-fi to their retarded exceptions born from their retarded lust for the one sci-fi they have watched or played.

If you truly wanted to discuss melee weapons, then you should have titled the thread; "Melee Weapons: What can we accomplish?"

Also, 'exotic energy particles' is such a loose term, that you can say any kind of weapon that uses such things are energy swords. And a physical blade with an electrified surface is a a shock stick/blade/baton.

PS. I fucking hate Halo, and want to choke it to death, but 343 Industries is doing a good enough job already.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1419884030,1419883719][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hell, I think the Klingons must be retarded for even deciding that was a good design. If you handed them proper weapons, then they wouldn't get their arses kicked by a Federation full of pacifist, marxist pussies.
    Well not so true about them getting beaten very badly by the federation do i need to state the 4 year war the tos klingon war and then the klingon war before the dominion war started klingons have been a very deadly enemy (and friend at times) to the federation so i would not say that would get beaten so badly by the federation if anything they have gave the federation a run for there money on a fair few occasions. The federation are not pacifists because they have been in many wars they have made many kinds of war ship so they are not classified as pacifists.

Edit also if they are so ineffective then why did they account for so many kills when they invaded DS9 so bat'leths are not as bad as people think. Yes there are some weapons of klingon origin that may be more effective but they are a good weapon a powerful weapon and have honour hence their name is translated to blade of honour

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Just make voxel based weapons. That way I can have my gunbladeified buster sword.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Well not so true about them getting beaten very badly by the federation do i need to state the 4 year war the tos klingon war and then the klingon war before the dominion war started klingons have been a very deadly enemy (and friend at times) to the federation so i would not say that would get beaten so badly by the federation if anything they have gave the federation a run for there money on a fair few occasions. The federation are not pacifists because they have been in many wars they have made many kinds of war ship so they are not classified as pacifists.

Edit also if they are so ineffective then why did they account for so many kills when they invaded DS9 so bat'leths are not as bad as people think. Yes there are some weapons of klingon origin that may be more effective but they are a good weapon a powerful weapon and have honour hence their name is translated to blade of honour
    They're only effective because it is convenient to the plot.

And the Federation are the biggest pacifists around, as made obvious by the fan outcry over the name USS Vengence, and their standing military are a joke. It's the equivalent of the English calling Sir Francis Drake back to repel the Spanish Armada.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor

And the Federation are the biggest pacifists around, as made obvious by the fan outcry over the name USS Vengence, and their standing military are a joke. It's the equivalent of the English calling Sir Francis Drake back to repel the Spanish Armada.
    Not at all, though. Sir Francis Drake would take years to get back to England, whereas in Star Trek everything seems less than a week away. Starfleet is more of a paramilitary organization, as they don't just do exploring. They seem to do a little of everything. They'd definitely be an effective defense force.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Not at all, though. Sir Francis Drake would take years to get back to England, whereas in Star Trek everything seems less than a week away. Starfleet is more of a paramilitary organization, as they don't just do exploring. They seem to do a little of everything. They'd definitely be an effective defense force.
    The comparison is not irrelevant. Francis Drake was a privateer hired to explore. He was an explorer that engaged in a few skirmishes, but not full on battles. The comparison is still very relevant. Infact, it's not even a comparison, it's making fun of an incredibly stupid system by using a real world example that would be equally as stupid.

And yes, very effective. So effective, that they sent off their most advanced warship to another part of the quadrant, despite a looming Borg invasion of Earth. Brilliant.

But I digress, since we're supposed to be talking about melee weapons.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Starmade is Starmade.

I understand where you are coming from, but because of what Starmade is their is no way to stop people from copying their favorite sci-fi. What Starmade has done and is doing is allowing players to create and live in their sci-fi world of choice. There are those players who will take that and copy an already existing world, then there are those that will create their own world.
    Some times people make suggestions that copy a specific si-fi, and then there are other times where people make suggestions that use a familiar entity to get their point across. In the end it really doesn't mater, because whatever the developers chose to do the players will always fined away to make what they want and if they can't get exactly what they want they will improvise. That is the beauty of Starmade the players options are nearly unlimited.

As for melee weapons all I want to see is one or two generic designs that players can take and call whatever they want.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4

firstly i don't like the USS Vengeance but that is ONE warship out of many like the Ares class that was designed in the 4 year war then there is the constitution class that was a federation advanced battle cruisers for the time then there is the valkyrie class fighters and so many more it would take ages to list starfleet are not pacifists at all if you dig into star trek history you find so many wars the federation were in pacifists i quote

1. opposition to war or violence of any kind.
    refusal to engage in military activity because of one's principles orbeliefs.
    the principle or policy that all differences among nations should beadjusted without recourse to war.

this is the dictionary term for a pacifism yeah that is not starfleet they did not surrender to the klingons the brog the gorn and so many others so they are not pacifists

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The comparison is not irrelevant. Francis Drake was a privateer hired to explore. He was an explorer that engaged in a few skirmishes, but not full on battles. The comparison is still very relevant. Infact, it's not even a comparison, it's making fun of an incredibly stupid system by using a real world example that would be equally as stupid.

And yes, very effective. So effective, that they sent off their most advanced warship to another part of the quadrant, despite a looming Borg invasion of Earth. Brilliant.

But I digress, since we're supposed to be talking about melee weapons.
    Yes, but Captain Sisko.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I understand where you are coming from, but because of what Starmade is their is no way to stop people from copying their favorite sci-fi. What Starmade has done and is doing is allowing players to create and live in their sci-fi world of choice. There are those players who will take that and copy an already existing world, then there are those that will create their own world.
    Some times people make suggestions that copy a specific si-fi, and then there are other times where people make suggestions that use a familiar entity to get their point across. In the end it really doesn't mater, because whatever the developers chose to do the players will always fined away to make what they want and if they can't get exactly what they want they will improvise. That is the beauty of Starmade the players options are nearly unlimited.

As for melee weapons all I want to see is one or two generic designs that players can take and call whatever they want.
    It's a broad game. I make all my own original designs based on my own lore, and I wouldn't want energy blades or the like near it really. I'd prefer my faction running around with Kukris and solid ammunition weapons. The closest thing I'd want to an energy weapon is a ship mounted laser.

firstly i don't like the USS Vengeance but that is ONE warship out of many like the Ares class that was designed in the 4 year war then there is the constitution class that was a federation advanced battle cruisers for the time then there is the valkyrie class fighters and so many more it would take ages to list starfleet are not pacifists at all if you dig into star trek history you find so many wars the federation were in pacifists i quote

1. opposition to war or violence of any kind.
    refusal to engage in military activity because of one's principles orbeliefs.
    the principle or policy that all differences among nations should beadjusted without recourse to war.

this is the dictionary term for a pacifism yeah that is not starfleet they did not surrender to the klingons the brog the gorn and so many others so they are not pacifists
    Nobody cares. Bat'leths are a terrible weapon and everything in Star Trek is just written for the convenience of the plot. But it's fiction, so who cares?

Yes, but Captain Sisko.
    Yes, one man. Man, I don't even like the space battles in Star Trek...

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It's a broad game. I make all my own original designs based on my own lore, and I wouldn't want energy blades or the like near it really. I'd prefer my faction running around with Kukris and solid ammunition weapons. The closest thing I'd want to an energy weapon is a ship mounted laser.

Nobody cares. Bat'leths are a terrible weapon and everything in Star Trek is just written for the convenience of the plot. But it's fiction, so who cares?

you called the federation pacifists i have disproved you and there have been many starfleet captains who have been war heros like sisko as mentioned by Snk then there is picard he has adverted wars and even won them bat'leths are not terrible they just require a refined mind and a way of thinking of using a weapon like that

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor

Star Trek is one of the more intelligent shows created. It doesn't need pew pew pew and CGI to be good.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Why are you all arguing about Sci-fi franchises in a melee weapon suggestion now? Quite honestly, just add in a basic melee weapon like a short sword or dagger and let the modding community take off with it when we get to that point (I don't expect either for a while, but merp).

I'm personally not a fan of melee weapons in space, so sorry about my dismissive-ness, but it's more or less something I expect to happen, cause it really would be silly if people couldn't have melee for their RP servers. This is a Sandbox afterall.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    you called the federation pacifists i have disproved you and there have been many starfleet captains who have been war heros like sisko as mentioned by Snk then there is picard he has adverted wars and even won them bat'leths are not terrible they just require a refined mind and a way of thinking of using a weapon like that
    You're really butthurt over the bat'leths aren't you? A refined mind... lol...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1419906667,1419906632][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Star Trek is one of the more intelligent shows created. It doesn't need pew pew pew and CGI to be good.
    Intelligent. Right. Okay

Sure. Sure.

Okay.

Fine.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I just wanna set the extractor from -extract- to -MURDOR!- that melee for enough for mey

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You're really butthurt over the bat'leths aren't you? A refined mind... lol...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1419906667,1419906632][/DOUBLEPOST]

Intelligent. Right. Okay

Sure. Sure.

Okay.

Fine.
    Well. You know. Intelligent by TV standards