Doomsiders and Titansmashers Starmade Daemon (DTSD)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Yeah the latest update to the script doesn't work. I just used a version down and then modified it from there because I was to lazy to fix it.

Reactions: AssIn9
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    first thing i see..
    caps_prevention(){
    if [ $SWEARPREVENTION = "Yes" ]
    then[DOUBLEPOST=1417014009,1417011852][/DOUBLEPOST]im not seeing any changes from working to not working other than:

if [ -w /dev/shm/ ]
    then
    OUTPUTFILE=/dev/shm/output.log
    else
    OUTPUTFILE=$STARTERPATH/logs/output.log
    fi

and the sm_livebackup() { section. but REM ing out this makes no change to the running of the script.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    It's the output file change. It's doing a REALLY weird [ if ] statement right there. Like I said you can just go into the commit tab on the github and use a version down. The change just changes it to a variable instead of directly to the file location. It gives no benefit and doesn't matter if it was added. As far as the live backup part goes you can litterally just copy and paste that into the script.

Reaction score
    • Foreign Community
    • Purchased!
    Using version before last commit fix problem with commands and logs... So, something wrong with last commit...

Reactions: Titansmasher
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yep, I have seen the Problem, I haven't tested this thing, because I use a heavy modified Version of DTSD

The problem was the interpretation of awk, I don't know how to fix this exactly. But the feature that was used for this was added to the kernel/glibc ~2001, so most distros have them enabled.

Anyhow, there is a new release with the fix:
    https://github.com/doomsider/DTSD/releases/tag/V.17.1.1

Cheers
    - Zodiak

PS: I have tested this ;)
    PPS: I have deleted the 17.1 release because it was a critcal bug.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Titansmasher
    Reaction score
    Hopefully this project is not abandoned? I have been trying to get it to work but having some issues.. I posted in the issues section on github, as per requested..

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Abandoned, no. However im on a break from starmade (school), and so is doomsider (as far as i know), so i believe it is most likely dormant unless zodiak is still working on it? I do plan to come back to this once exams are over, however that will still be 5-6 months :(

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Abandoned, no. However im on a break from starmade (school), and so is doomsider (as far as i know), so i believe it is most likely dormant unless zodiak is still working on it? I do plan to come back to this once exams are over, however that will still be 5-6 months :(
    Like Titansmasher says, it isn't abandoned.
    There are three Developers:
    Titansmasher
    Doomsider
    Zodiak (that's me)

And currently is Titansmasher busy as he said, Doomsider is working on a other Framework "Shadow" that is based on the DTSD but with the focus at support for other games. And I'm working currently at a other project "Hermes", heavy based on the DTSD code, but with the focus to modularity and simplicity. Mostly because the code of DTSD is at some point confusing because of the sheer number of lines (about ~5000).

We (probably I) will take care of DTSD, and we will fix bugs as we have time. But I don't think there will be much new features in the future. Because many features of DTSD are actually in the Vanilla Game or will be added later (like a rank system).

Cheers!
    - Zodiak

Reaction score
    Thank you guys for your hard work.

• Added a bug report.
    • Can we get a list of differences between regular and lite versions? Should I just use lite, since it's the most recently updated?

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    Sorry I am not aware of the differences between the two. Since everything is available code wise you can always just hammer out your own version with the examples already provided. I will eventually release a new version of DTSD built around mysql and designed to be more modular and easier to work with.

Reaction score
    Sorry I am not aware of the differences between the two. Since everything is available code wise you can always just hammer out your own version with the examples already provided. I will eventually release a new version of DTSD built around mysql and designed to be more modular and easier to work with.
    Take your time, no hurry, I'm sure you guys are busy enough. I've been play around with it a bit already and if I can pitch in or test for you, let me know!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Fix pushed Xoza, but I cant test it at the minute, so make sure its working before you use it fully :)

Reaction score
    Hi,
    I've instal DTSD on Debian (last version in 08dd/02mm/2015yyyy) in a VPS and smlog (in screen session) continue to generate this:
    (Java version - 1.7.0_65)

wc: /dev/shm/output4242.log: Troppi livelli di collegamenti simbolici (Too many levels of symbolic links)
    /home/starmade/StarmadeDTSD/starmaded.sh: line 702: [: : integer expression expected

could this be the cause of the malfunction of the command in the game chat? (no feedback)
    Tnkyou for your attention.

ON GitHub

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    In this portion of the script it is looking to see how many lines are in the log file

Looks like it is unable to write to the ram drive, you can change this to write to a regular file. If you look at the script it detects if the ramdrive (/dev/shm) is there first and if not defaults to writing the log to /logs/output.log

Reaction score
    Thanks for your help!
    I made a folder in "/ run / shm" (because of "/dev /shm" resets everything on every boot) and I put in the original shm.
    Strangely no longer goes into a loop, and the controls work well.

For those who had the same problem on Debian ... or a Unix system.

go to the folder "/run"
    cd /run

create a folder
    mkdir dir

move "shm" folder
    mv -r /run/shm /run/dir

rename the folder that you created
    mv dir/ shm/

Then, returning to the folder where you installed DTSD ...
    ./starmaded.sh restart

Enjoy

Reaction score
    Thank you guys for your amazing wrapper first off. I am having some difficulty in applying the voting aspect to my server. I have updated my SH file to reflect line #2200 to my server key in the the Quotations however it does not ever show a change in the !votebalance command no matter what player executes it. is there something i have done incorrectly or need to make an additional edit to the SH file to allow it to gather votes properly.

Edit: could not English this day

Last edited:

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    I believe this is contained in autovoteretrieval(). You can check that function to see what is going on. If the source website has changed then the url may be malformed or the method of collection may be incorrect.

I am in the process of re-writing the Deamon into a new script system but I won't be done for a bit still. At this point I am no longer supporting the DTSD but I will help with scripting if you have a specific question.