Dominion Prime, Boosted mining

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Can't be sure. And I can't try the server again cause Big banned me. Which is fine, I did indeed call him an asshole because I felt I was being poorly treated. Can't help that. But also, if I need to be a donor to be considered for minor help. It isn't a server I find appealing. It is just people trying to have fun playing a game.
    you dont need to be a donor for anything this server does not have a price wall it's only for those who are generous and want a boost the rest is just fun and games

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Curlsworth the link to get to the rules are posted in chat on the game all the time. Your choice to disregard them is your own doing. If you needed something clarified then you should say so. Do not wait till after you are reprimanded and punished after another time of being caught.

Arkarian, Big had every intention of helping you till he arrived on seen to see a huge planet eater. Granted the planet eater impressed him, the fact remains that rules were being broken after multiple times of told where to find the rules. You are welcome to come and try the server again if you so desire. The help you were requesting is typically a donation perk and you were lucky to even have been considered.

Big on average is a good person, a nut at times but still good. He and the other two owners have worked very hard to provide a server where people can have fun and belong.
    Blaze, buddy, I don't deny breaking the rules. I read them. I missed one. Shit happens.

The reason I got mad was because Big was an asshole to us. And you know what, it's his server, so he can do that if he wants. Clearly he isn't an asshole to everybody, otherwise no one would be on his server. I'm glad you enjoy your time there. It is a cool server. But I wouldn't recommend it to new people.

And I'm done. Good luck guys.

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    We Recently Wiped the server clean.

We now have over 120 unique spawning stations, pirate, trading and derelict.

Custom pirates being rotated in and out of production!

Mining is still boosted.

New spawn also!

come on by and say hi sometime, Check it all out.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I was on this server for a stint when I first started.

Unless its changed, and I don't see any signs that it has, the mentality there is very much "capitol ship or go home". With the stupidly high mining bonuses, you basically have unlimited resources. Which means everything is built on a huge scale. And instead of actually trying to help newbies to the server, they run pirates designed to be a challenge to capitol ships because the oldbies get bored with their sector spanning titans.

It was literally a case of "If you don't have at least 10 million shields, you can't go outside" because the pirate swarms would tear you to pieces. And nobody cared as long as the bigshots on the server got to have a reason to actually fire their planet killer weapons instead of just sit there and let their destroyer sized turrets shoot stuff for them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4

Unless its changed, and I don't see any signs that it has, the mentality there is very much "capitol ship or go home". With the stupidly high mining bonuses, you basically have unlimited resources. Which means everything is built on a huge scale. And instead of actually trying to help newbies to the server, they run pirates designed to be a challenge to capitol ships because the oldbies get bored with their sector spanning titans.

It was literally a case of "If you don't have at least 10 million shields, you can't go outside" because the pirate swarms would tear you to pieces. And nobody cared as long as the bigshots on the server got to have a reason to actually fire their planet killer weapons instead of just sit there and let their destroyer sized turrets shoot stuff for them.
    firstly there are no sector spanning titans second there is a block limit third there are not many titans fourth it was reset not too long ago so not many titans left fifth "If you don't have at least 10 million shields, you can't go outside" explain how i can survive with less than one million it's never been at the point where if you did not have ten million shields you will die and i have seen many cases of older players myself who used to be one who help new players and i have only ever seen two destroyer sized turrets but i know since i had some that they cost a fortune even with "unlimited resources" which there are not even with such a boost

Reaction score

The mining bonus is there so people don't have to grind for weeks on end to build an internet spaceship. Even with the bonus you won't be building a server limit capital overnight.

The server isn't "capital ship or go home" the pirates are designed to be challenging, jumping to the conclusion that because we have hard pirates we hate new players and don't help them is a fanciful stretch. It is also pretty insulting to the many long term players I see every day answering questions people could learn from a casual glance at the games wiki.

The pirates provide a great lesson to new players, space is dangerous and you will probably die. You don't require 10mil shields to leave home, you need half a brain and a casual knowledge of the game mechanics.
    Our pirates are designed to be challenging but not unbeatable, I designed them with weaknesses and where possible built them in ways that provide an obvious counter.

Unfortunately though many players and I suspect you are one of them only care about two things.... "how much shield and recharge should I have in order to farm the pirates risk free?" even though you complain the server has a stupidly high mining bonus, the idea of pirates that might force you to actually mine resources instead farming easy pirates for them is some how a negative.

Players that think like this are the same people who will build massive ships and spawn 10+ waves of pirates happily nomming away while the server gets lagged to hell. Excuse me if I don't cater to this dull and self interested player anymore than I'd bother to placate the blubbering of a person who probably got one shotted in their starter ship and ragequit after the "bigshots" told him to get a bigger boat.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Players that think like this are the same people who will build massive ships and spawn 10+ waves of pirates happily nomming away while the server gets lagged to hell. Excuse me if I don't cater to this dull and self interested player anymore than I'd bother to placate the blubbering of a person who probably got one shotted in their starter ship and ragequit after the "bigshots" told him to get a bigger boat.
    Whatever lets you sleep at night. I spent about a month on the server. You were running those giant Defiants as standard pirates. And just when I did manage to build a titan of my own, you decided "Hey, lets replace all of the pirates with borg" that ripped it apart less than 5 minutes after being launched.

Says a lot that you resort to personal attacks and name calling though, I'm sure everyone will instantly agree that you must be right now.

Just makes me all the happier that I left and never looked back.

Reaction score
    I sleep soundly at night knowing that the people that like and enjoy my pirates greatly outnumber the people that have taken their ball and gone crying home to mommy. The fact that you considered our server's Borg to be more dangerous than the usual pirates just goes to show how limited your knowledge on this subject is.

The ship you refer to as "giant" is 122m L 20m H 91m W 73k/9.6k block/mass ship, what size ship do you think pirates should be and exactly how big is a ship you call a titan?

It says a lot to me that my minions have resulted in enough butthurt that you would cry about them on the server thread, sorry that you are so thin skinned that you feel insulted by my reply, but I wanted to make it clear how much contempt I have for players like you, I too am glad you found another server and never looked back.

Last edited:
    Reactions: FrankRa
    Reaction score
    Did the server go down? And does anyone else get an error when trying to go to the forums?

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yeah we are experiencing some major tech difficulties. Hope to have the server back up tomorrow.

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Server is up, Fresh clean wipe, Available at www.dominiongaming.net, or findable through the starmade server browser as Dominion Prime.

Teamspeak is also available at ts.dominiongaming.net

Reaction score
    we are sorry for the down time everyone. our host was having an issue. we are back up and running so stop on by if you would like. -Admin's-

Reaction score
    What the hell man, I get you are having stability issues... But seriously, wth. The crashes are getting ridiculous now.

Reaction score
    Is it still pvp in null sectors only? Because my base was attacked and destroyed in a pos sector