Dominion Prime, Boosted mining

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well the reason they are diminished here is due to the fact that a large amount of people have trouble loading 5m blocks in one entity, so it causes fps issues.

Reaction score
    I started playing Starmade back right around the same time Dominion Gaming started up. I came in and was poking around learning and asking questions. Instead of being ignored or brushed aside as a "newbie," the server owners themselves were accessible enough to not only respond, but take time to show me how to do a lot of things I wasn't sure about. That on it's own was enough to keep me flying around Dominion space, but the community of players is so much fun and very friendly with everyone and that just makes playing on Dominion Gaming more enjoyable than any gaming experience I could make up for myself.

I HIGHLY recommend Dominion Gaming and hope you will come visit our community in game. I know you wont regret it.

Reaction score
    I was nervous about logging into a multiplayer server for StarMade (never know who or what you might run into), however, I decided one night to just do it and simply randomly picked Dominion Gaming to try and wow, was I impressed.

Dominion Gaming has a teamspeak server that I logged into that same night I first started to play. As I was logging into it, I was expecting xbox like crazy chatter and discovered the best part about the community here at Dominion Gaming, the players. The entire community here from the admins to the players are extremely helpful and kind They are pretty free with helpful tips and advice about ships, weapons, survival in game, etc. Within minutes of listening and joining in, I knew I wasn't going anyplace else.
    Dominion Gaming admins here actually take the time to plan out events for the players to explore and try, like right now, the invasion of the Borg is really fun!

Now, as StarMade is still not in it's final stage, there are always going to be certain pains, things not work as expected after patching - sometimes those creep up from the development angle, but the admins do an amazing job maintaining the server, providing content, helping players, and keeping the gameplay environment.exciting and fresh.

Do yourself a favor and check the server out, you just might find it to your liking like I did!

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yes the server was wiped clean due to some corrupted files. We are recovering what we can. We boosted the starting creds and blocks to help compensate.

Reaction score
    Yes the server was wiped clean due to some corrupted files. We are recovering what we can. We boosted the starting creds and blocks to help compensate.
    Sweet, not too worried about it since I think the setting up and beginning is the most fun.

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Server up to date with the latest patch, All shops in spawn system have been restocked to include the new blocks. Good luck Have fun!

Reaction score
    I started playing this server Shortly After a server I played in the past put a bad taste in my mouth.
    When I started playing this server I was originally put off by the "no planet mining" but quickly found that asteroid mining was buffed to the point that it was indeed superior.
    There was a 280x mining bonus, and due to the no planet mining, there was no lag on the server for me to put up with intermittently.
    (lag was real in my old servers.)
    Now I run around with a mining ship built to avoid lag for other players (as there is a rule to not cause lag for other users.
    (which is honestly immensely amazingness!)
    I have harassed the admins, and they are always helpful and cheerful, they have a Ts3 that I have been involved with for quite some time now, and they come over and talk with us all to find neat idea's to implement into the server and have random events. (admin set up)
    Such as the Borg, an undefeatable beast that requires Raid like tactics to beat. (so far none have taken it out.)

I'm glad I joined this server to be completely honest, as I have tried the other high profile servers in the past.

they are by no means, as fun as this one.
    Especially since the advent of Flag ships!
    Conglomerations are the key to space victory I say!

We need an Enemy, a force of uncaring Violent Hatred and Loathing, A group of misfits and clam tossers.
    Will that be You?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I found the inhabitant of this server friendly, but Bigdude not so much. Very little compassion for players new to the game.

Reactions: Arkarian
    Reaction score
    This server is run by people tripped out on the little bit of power they have. Big taunted me with an obsolete resource I didn't realize I couldn't get for a blueprint. Telling me he would give it to me and then changing his mind. And in general being an asshole. Informed me that I had broken server rules -- fair enough I had without realizing it. But I also just started playing Starmade about 3 weeks ago and I am trying to catch up on what there is to know. Instead of being a rational person with some leniency. He decided to screw with me. I would never again visit a server run where Big had any type of power. Watch out guys.

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Curlsworth I personally warned you that planet mining was illegal over a month ago. I have compassion for new players but not players who chose not to follow the rules.

2015/05/03 - 19:49:15 [Big]: theFriskyWizard Planet mining is illegal

Some backstory on the issue at hand.

Last night I was sitting in teamspeak chilling out playing an unrelated game for zen like qualities. I was summoned into the game by a third party that mentioned that a player was looking for redwood and redwood leaves and requesting admin assistance. Our usual policy towards this situation is not to indulge the player by giving them the resources. We don't generally give away free blocks on the server, But that is up to admin discretion ofcourse. I was in a good mood and thought why not ill help em out. So I pop into the game to assist and in the process found them breaking a server rule to an extreme method. Our server does not allow planet mining due to the 35x boosted mining on our server causing issues and lag with activities such as this. Now I will say that building a dyson sphere type ship just to mine a planet is very impressive, it is still also very illegal. I lost all my goodwill at this point and told them such. Deleted the ship and decided not to help them acquire the blocks that they needed. Redwood and Redwood folliage. Both of which are obtainable on our server via pirate farming. They decided to call me names, Wish me luck with my power trip and leave the server. I decided at this point that I would assist them not coming back by going ahead and giving them a ban.

tl:dr Caught em planet mining to an extreme, Did not give the blocks they wanted.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Curlsworth I personally warned you that planet mining was illegal over a month ago. I have compassion for new players but not players who chose not to follow the rules.

2015/05/03 - 19:49:15 [Big]: theFriskyWizard Planet mining is illegal
    You know, if I had seen that single chat message, I would've stopped mining like that right away. But the chat in Starmade is pretty easy to overlook.

I wish you had bothered to ask me a question about what was going on, or thought about how we obviously didn't know about obsolete blocks. You have over 2-dozen server rules and I've not really played much Starmade online. To say I was choosing not to follow the rules as opposed to realizing that I just missed one is a pretty unfair assertion about me.

I've done a bit of research and learned a few things that it would've been nice if you told me. You could've explained that planetary mining causes a lot of server lag. Let me know that is why your server has boosted mining. But instead of doing that you were combative when we had been polite. You treated us like people who were intentionally trying to harm your server.

That isn't compassion. And I really wish it had been because I liked your server.

Reaction score
    You know, if I had seen that single chat message, I would've stopped mining like that right away. But the chat in Starmade is pretty easy to overlook.

I wish you had bothered to ask me a question about what was going on, or thought about how we obviously didn't know about obsolete blocks. You have over 2-dozen server rules and I've not really played much Starmade online. To say I was choosing not to follow the rules as opposed to realizing that I just missed one is a pretty unfair assertion about me.

I've done a bit of research and learned a few things that it would've been nice if you told me. You could've explained that planetary mining causes a lot of server lag. Let me know that is why your server has boosted mining. But instead of doing that you were combative when we had been polite. You treated us like people who were intentionally trying to harm your server.

That isn't compassion. And I really wish it had been because I liked your server.
    The admin was coming to do you a favor, after I bothered him with your first world problems, how do you reward the many hours he and other players put into the server and its community? You chuck a hissy fit when you suffer the consequences of being an ignorant self centered prick, who probably caused hours of lag for other players.

Enjoy your next server, no doubt you'll not bother to read their rules either and cry just as hard when history repeats.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    hey big is actually very friendly just don't annoy him i know since i have been on the server since day 2 recently had a little break but it has remained the same i know that big is only unfriendly if you engage his fleet on star trek armada 3 call to arms that normally ends badly but all in all he is a great server owner he has helped me and many others many time

Reaction score
    hey big is actually very friendly just don't annoy him i know since i have been on the server since day 2 recently had a little break but it has remained the same i know that big is only unfriendly if you engage his fleet on star trek armada 3 call to arms that normally ends badly but all in all he is a great server owner he has helped me and many others many time
    Well maybe we caught him on a bad night. But he seriously taunted me and then didn't help. And I have only just started playing. I joined the faction after Curlsworth had set up the planet miner. Big didn't ask any questions. Just "lost his goodwill" after saying he would help me.

Reaction score
    Curlsworth the link to get to the rules are posted in chat on the game all the time. Your choice to disregard them is your own doing. If you needed something clarified then you should say so. Do not wait till after you are reprimanded and punished after another time of being caught.

Arkarian, Big had every intention of helping you till he arrived on seen to see a huge planet eater. Granted the planet eater impressed him, the fact remains that rules were being broken after multiple times of told where to find the rules. You are welcome to come and try the server again if you so desire. The help you were requesting is typically a donation perk and you were lucky to even have been considered.

Big on average is a good person, a nut at times but still good. He and the other two owners have worked very hard to provide a server where people can have fun and belong.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well maybe we caught him on a bad night. But he seriously taunted me and then didn't help. And I have only just started playing. I joined the faction after Curlsworth had set up the planet miner. Big didn't ask any questions. Just "lost his goodwill" after saying he would help me.
    are you sure that was big since there is not only big who uses his account another uses his account from time to time but she most often uses the name riker she likes to torment but then is normally nice so it could be her using his account

Reaction score
    Can't be sure. And I can't try the server again cause Big banned me. Which is fine, I did indeed call him an asshole because I felt I was being poorly treated. Can't help that. But also, if I need to be a donor to be considered for minor help. It isn't a server I find appealing. It is just people trying to have fun playing a game.