Dominion Prime, Boosted mining

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The Dominion now has a server

SM.DOMINIONGAMING.ORG:4242

Come on by and have a visit.

Semi star trek inspired server with Starfleet based pirates and Ferengi traders.
    20x mining rates for faster setting up. "Asteroid mining in your system gives about 280x"
    2 million starting credits.
    Increased shop count.
    Docking enhancers are not required.

The primary goal of our server is to have fun, So our rules reflect having fun while not harming others ability to have fun.

Max ship size is 2,500,000 blocks
    Max station size is 10,000,000 blocks "Faction home only"
    Max non home station is 5,000,000 blocks
    Max ship dimensions are 1,000mx1,000mx1,000m
    No ship larger than 2500 blocks may land on a planet or get closer than 1000m of a planet

You may not put a station in a system with a claim on it without the owners permission, Yes this means nothing within the spawn system, If you are found to be in violation of this your station will be moved to the nearest empty system Or deleted case dependant.

Free floating ships are fair game. Dock your ship if you care about it! Docking enhancers have been turned off for this reason.

We have a new pvp system full detail can be found at www.dominiongaming.org

Anything built with the intention or side effect of causing server lag will be deleted. It may be fun to launch 1000's of missiles or fire off 1000's of beam weapons but if it hurts other players enjoyment of the game it has to be stopped.

As the game changes more rules may be added or edited to reflect the changing game.

Chat rules are simple, Profanity is allowed But keep it in moderation, there are kids who play here at times so please be respectful of this. Racism is not allowed.

Last edited:

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Nice. I might check it out as soon as I'm done with other Starmade work...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    hmm i have to ask is build with blocks turned on? because if its not this might be a fun server to play on

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Blueprints are built with blocks, But the simple fact is it takes about 30minutes for a player to get decently set up on this server, We accelerated that process to increase fun levels. Mining is boosted to a point where one asteroid in a claimed system is roughly equal to a planet segment on other servers.

Also we do not require docking enhancers on docks. This allows for more creative docking and just a little bit less hassle when setting up a station or planet.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Blueprints are built with blocks, But the simple fact is it takes about 30minutes for a player to get decently set up on this server, We accelerated that process to increase fun levels. Mining is boosted to a point where one asteroid in a claimed system is roughly equal to a planet segment on other servers.

Also we do not require docking enhancers on docks. This allows for more creative docking and just a little bit less hassle when setting up a station or planet.
    ok then i might try it out and hopefully i get my starter in less than 33 hours :)

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well the more the merrier, We are looking into expanding the servers size right now!

Reaction score
    "No ships greater than 2500 blocks within 100m of a planet"

That will make me redo my salvager >.<

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well with the boosted mining, planet mining is nearly obsolete. In a claimed system you get about 200x rates off asteroids. In effect an asteroid yields the same amount as a planet segment.

Reactions: HerrColonel
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    even for people who have practically never mined or used factories (me) it is quite easy to start off on

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I spent some time on this server over the weekend, it's great.

It has a top speed of 350 kph, the fastest I've yet seen on a public server. And seeing as I'm a speed freak, this is just magnificent.
    The server itself runs quite well, with lag spikes happening rarely. I was able to spend a significant amount of time working over a pirate base, and had only one bad lag spike. Perfectly acceptable considering the early state of the game itself.

The boosted economy is a great change of pace from most servers, who tend to value a massive grind over all else. Nothing wrong with that, but it's nice to just get in and PVE sometimes as well. Here, I was able to mine and buy the resources needed to bring in My current go-to fighter. I then went out, attacked a pirate base, and did the dumbest rookie thing of all; Came in too steep, belly-flopped into the base, and got cored.
    Thanks to the server's economy however, I was able to bring in a replacement fighter in a fairly quick amount of time. More fun, less (but still present) grind.

At any point, it looked like there was at least one, usually more admins on, so help's there if You need it.

I'm not a trekie, but the starfleet pirates are pretty cool. I've bagged a cargo shuttle, a Delta flyer, and a White fighter so far. There are Defiants here as well, will be hunting one of them next...

All in all, it's pretty cool here. I just need to get some resources together to build a station.

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    We are migrating the server right now to a new host that should improve performance even more, It should be done within half an hour. will update when complete here

Edit: Still migrating, server was larger than expected will be up soon

Server is up, But migration is not complete, All blueprints have been added but there are some odds and ends to go, most of the player claimed sectors have been exported. If you want your sector spawned in on the new server let me, shikacu or lorddagon32 know and we will do so for you. Thanks for your patience.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Well, I guess that explains why all My stuff is gone. :)

Since the faction tab said I didn't have a home base, I went and found a cooler looking home in a different system and ran into the following problem:

[ERROR]: System ownership failed
    Please send in log
    SQLDataException
    data exception : string data, right truncation

Looks like I can't claim a solar system, can this be fixed?

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Sounds like something we can fix, im out of town right now but should be able to look at it when i get home tonight.

It will probably be around 7pm cst if you are available.

Edit: I can import your sector from the old computer tonight as well.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    No worries, take Your time. It's the holidays and all.
    I rather like My new home (it's got a hell of a view), but if importing My old home sector would be easier, go for it.
    Basically, whatever's easiest for You.

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well i can put your old sector wherever you would like and it adopts the back ground of the place you put it, Btw im home now :)

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Just an update But the server migration is now fully complete, We are now running on a much more powerful box, In response to this we are raising the block limit to 1.5m blocks. Thanks for playing with us

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Rules update

The primary goal of our server is to have fun, So our rules reflect having fun while not harming others ability to have fun.

Max ship size is 1,500,000 blocks
    Max station size is 5,000,000 blocks
    Max ship dimensions are 1,000mx1,000mx1,000m
    No ship larger than 2500 blocks may land on a planet or get closer than 1000m of a planet

You may not put a station in a system with a claim on it without the owners permission, Yes this means nothing within the spawn system, If you are found to be in violation of this your station will be moved to the nearest empty system Or deleted case Dependant.

Free floating ships are fair game. Dock your ship if you care about it! Docking enhancers have been turned off for this reason.

Pvp is allowed BUT PvP is not allowed in claimed systems without the owners permission.

Anything built with the intention or side effect of causing server lag will be deleted. It may be fun to launch 1000's of missiles or fire off 1000's of beam weapons but if it hurts other players enjoyment of the game it has to be stopped.

As the game changes more rules may be added or edited to reflect the changing game.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    one down 2 to go the fugitive Riker 601 is no more he was flying sovereign class i have screenshots detailing his ships wreckage i was flying in a miranda class vessel and i claim victory but he fought well starmade-screenshot-0163.png starmade-screenshot-0164.png starmade-screenshot-0165.png starmade-screenshot-0166.png