Docked Entities Have to be Manually Tagged

Reaction score
    When the new logic controlled rail and turret systems came out I was excited because this allowed for more dynamic parts on ships. However all parts on a ship such as doors, folding wings, shuttles, elevators, turrets, rotating signs or rooms, trams, etc. are counted as separate "ships". The problem I have with every moving part on a ship visible or not having it's own entity in on the HUD and in the navigation menu, is that it can be a huge eyesore which can even blot out the ship if it's a long distance away. I know that these should never be completely removed as that would only lead to more problems, but I tried to come up with some solutions.
    • Players have to ability to manually add the entity they are looking at to their HUD, minimap, and navigation menu. This allows for the targeting of turrets or other parts of a ship, but also allows for a more organized interface. An entity is would need to be marked when it is docked/re-docked, but would be automatically marked when it undocks.
    • Players can toggle displaying docked entities with a hotkey or display setting.
    • Docked ships that only have passive devices, like logic systems and rail dockers don't have any navigational presence. This help cleanup the interface with things like doors or turret mountings becoming less noticeable.