Display Modules interaction, Methods Ideas Suggestions

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Now we have the technology to jump through space but no way to digitally manage our ship.
    Logic takes up soo much space, while im against removing it as block to block system this Idea could be a great addition.

1. Display Module

This Block is sorely lacking function. A Display Module should be instead revamped into an "terminal"

Terminal function would depend on the blocks connected.

CPU block: CPU blocks would be the core functionality of this Idea.

CPUs connected to a terminal allows the terminal to use additional functions.

A single CPU block can manage 5 Data Storages, but only one terminal.
    using a 2x2 CPu Block can be linked to 4 terminals and 25 data storages.
    All terminals have access to all data blocks.

Data Storage: Saves "files" one block is either 5 files or 1 variable. can only be accesed via CPU block.

Example

The Terminal T requests Data block D The CPU C gives it to T Wich will dispalye the contents of D then.

[enter text] -> Without CPU

[edit]-> "enter text" function, -> single CPU Connected. Once connected to CPU one Acceses the cpu no longer in edit mode but instead chooses from the commands via arrows or movement keys.

[Acces Data1] -> CPU with Data Storage D

using [edit] automatically displays the command for "acces to Data" they cannot be removed as long the data storage is conencted they can be renamed.
    /AccessStorage "Data1"-> the "" contain the name 1-X are the defaults.
    Counted from first to last conencted.

A cluster of Data Blocks are treated as single data storage with higher capacity

Several single Data Blocks will act as folders wich are simply counted numerically.

The example picture above shows 2 seperated single data blocks connected to the CPU
    the terminal will Display:

[Acces Data 1]
    [Acces Data 2] -> if chosen:

[Edit file1]-> /Accesfile "file1" "false" The last parameter determines if editable or read/execute(if command) only"
    [Edit file2]
    [Edit file3]
    [Edit file4]
    [Edit file5]

2. Interaction with logic.

A CPU conencted to a logic block will act as activation module, exept it is triggered by connected terminal through command.
    Same principle as with data storage, each cpu acts as one actiation module once connected to activatable block it will appear as [Trigger Logic1] [ON] (/Trigger "logic1" return"true").

Example for Door terminal:

[Trigger Door1][ON]
    [Edit]

Conencting a Sensor module to a CPU allows to acces system stats as shields etc.

Data Blocks can save one logic signa as variable : true/on or false/off
    if conencted via cpu the variable can be displayed and named

3. Security

Connecting a faction permissions block to an terminal makes the terminal only usable as defined by FP.
    Similarly connecting A FP to a CPU makes only the Connected CPUs restricted.

4.RAMBLING

Well This is still pretty rough but it might be system that has potential critics and suggestions welcome

I personnally would put the majorityof the logic system into one programmable block.
    But I remember Schame saying something he like wants it to be block based. not sure though.

Logic as is, is Pretty darn cool but also pretty darn messy.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I had an idea a long time ago that focused on the computer block as a universal computer. Using the display module as a terminal would be cool!
    Universal Computer Block