DISCONTINUED

Making Credits have value in game, make the following items restocked only at spawn

• Jump-Comp, Scan-Comp, Cloak, Radar; ; not craftable 50k each

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    Server Update

Rocket-Launcher,Sniper Rifle, Grapple, Transporter Beam have now all been added to the starting inventory items. Without a shops and the shop keeper block not being spawn-able yet. Getting a shop-keeper NPC to sell these items is a bit challenging. The only feasible method so far is to allow ordering via a PHP script in the webpage or using a wrapper to allow plugins to requests with in the game for these items (like some other servers). I am not keen on the wrapper since this is still alpha, add-on user code strikes me as adding possibly unstable overhead to an already in-dev game. Next, the allow purchase via the web-page is the most likely course once the webpage becomes more mature.

Another possible solution that might work is figuring out an AI simulation ship with minimal attack/defense that contains a cargo hold with these weapons/items and a few other choice things. Mulling it over since it would necessitate direct server driven involvement into the server-community and that is against part of the principles of EI.

Suggestions on this would be appreciated.
    I do not think adding them as started items is a good idea, also you forgot to add the torch beam XD

I would say go for a script that takes money from a player and runs a "/give" command on the player who the money was taken from, its an alpha game, but servers like GenXNova do it with no problems

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    I am gunna state the obvious here...

What's wrong with just bringing the advanced shop back in the sector next to spawn? even if the TG is deleted you can still spawn the shop keep and buy stuff....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    Comments/Response:
    1. It was updated that all players will spawn with all of these astronaut tools at start. Tested/Verified, If you do not have the rocket-launcher,sniper rifle, torch, transport beam most likely you spawned in before the change. This is easily enough fixed if you contact me in game or in TS.
    2. Allowing people to get said items in-game is not a simple script it requires adding in a whole wrapper since it would have to monitor actual commands in game via plugin. That part is a route that unless it is a 100% necessary I will not go. Since we have not gotten anywhere near that it is still off the table.
    3. If the shop could be spawned in via an admin command or the shop keeper module it would already have been done. Currently the way the game is, to get to resolved this way, would require an entire server-database/world wipe so everything currently in game/in progress would have to be restarted. I am not in the slightest going to do that to get everyone an astronaut torch. Also why these items cannot be spawned in, or better yet why they can not be bought/sold via a shop is just stupid...
    4. The 2 options I am considering:
    1. Setup a Python script on the webpage that allows people to call a survival kit to an IGN, this kit includes all the astronaut stuff and 1 core.
    2. Setup a random AI spawn event that spawns a lightly armed cargo ship that has space full of these weapons and some other items.
    *Both of the approaches provide some pluses and minus that I am still weighing. Last since everyone joining the game now does get these tools this is not a hot priority. *
    There are in fact two ways to bring back the spawn shop via admin commands.

You can bring it in via a sector import. Or you can move the current spawn shop over one sector to say 2 2 1. Then use the "repopulate sector" command on sector 2 2 2. This will respawn the advanced shop.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I played on Elwyn because (I had assumed) my progress would never be reset. I got hit with a planet faction claim glitch in the end anyway, but if there are purposeful restarts every 6 months, I won't be playing on here either. This is hardly the "rebirth of Elwyn," it's a new faction PvP server that I don't want anything to do with. Sorry.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I agree, this isn't so much of a rebirth as it is a branch off, Dougnuts should be the rebirth, this is an expansion of the EE name into new areas

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    I played on Elwyn because (I had assumed) my progress would never be reset. I got hit with a planet faction claim glitch in the end anyway, but if there are purposeful restarts every 6 months, I won't be playing on here either. This is hardly the "rebirth of Elwyn," it's a new faction PvP server that I don't want anything to do with. Sorry.
    its a yearly restart now

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I never said it was "nothing but PvP," but from what I read of the OP, the whole point of the server seemed to be that it's a massive-scale faction competition server where the winning faction gets a prize at the end of the play period. Also, if you're changing the info, edit the original post because that's what most people will read.

As for "Rebirth of Elwyn," a lot of people called EE "Elwyn," so branding it as "Rebirth of Elwyn" is... potentially misleading at best.

Reaction score
    As for "Rebirth of Elwyn," a lot of people called EE "Elwyn," so branding it as "Rebirth of Elwyn" is... potentially misleading at best.
    There is a clear difference between EE the server, and Elwyn as a whole, the EI is part of the Elwyn network and has been endorsed by gravypod (the owner of the network in question)

The rebirth of Elwyn is 100% accurate, as before EI the Elwyn Network was basically dead, so this server reviving it is by definition, a rebirth.

If the title was "rebirth of Elwyn Eternity" then your claim of false advertising may be respectable, however it is not, and you are clearly aware of this because you said "As for "Rebirth of Elwyn," a lot of people called EE Elwyn"

A lot of people may call EE elwyn, but that does not mean that EE is Elwyn.

Every server has to reset at some point, GenX recently reset and SS resets almost monthly, EI is doing what every over server does, if you are going to shit on EI because it has server resets, then go shit on GenX, StarSide and all the other major servers as well.

I agree, this isn't so much of a rebirth as it is a branch off, Dougnuts should be the rebirth, this is an expansion of the EE name into new areas
    AFAIK, EE is not going to be using the new faction config they were going to originally, EI has taken EE's place in that regard, and EE is not going live anytime soon, Doughnuts deadline was several months ago, and he was basically hyping up his server on the faction config he is no longer going to use, the EE you are looking forward to is not the same as what is actually going to happen AFAIK.

Reaction score
    Comment/Response

I might have to redo the Original Post, initially posted add-on rules ideas with title "Server Update" in follow on parts for people and myself to keep track of where this was going. At this point most of the one offs are done and I should be able to put in a more comprehensive First Post. (though I am not a big fan of editing posts outside of grammar/spelling, in this case it would be warranted.)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    There is a clear difference between EE the server, and Elwyn as a whole, the EI is part of the Elwyn network and has been endorsed by gravypod (the owner of the network in question)

The rebirth of Elwyn is 100% accurate, as before EI the Elwyn Network was basically dead, so this server reviving it is by definition, a rebirth.

If the title was "rebirth of Elwyn Eternity" then your claim of false advertising may be respectable, however it is not, and you are clearly aware of this because you said "As for "Rebirth of Elwyn," a lot of people called EE Elwyn"
    Then specify it as "The Elwyn Network reborn!" or something. Sure, it's technically accurate, but if memory serves there wasn't even an Elwyn Network before now, just the one server we knew and loved. So it was safe to just call it Elwyn, and any reference to Elwyn will typically be taken as a reference to EE.

Every server has to reset at some point, GenX recently reset and SS resets almost monthly, EI is doing what every over server does, if you are going to shit on EI because it has server resets, then go shit on GenX, StarSide and all the other major servers as well.
    I understand why SS has had to reset and I assume GenX's reasons are similar. It's just that as I read it here, the resets were regular and an actual part of the gameplay (Think of a timed MOBA match, but on a gigantic scale) rather than just a necessity due to gameplay instability/the database fucking itself over which I understand can and will happen on any server. (And for the record, SS let participating players actually carry over all of their supplies to the new server. Not a recommendation, just a comparison.)

I'm not shitting on the server. It's just not the sort of thing I'd like to play.

AFAIK, EE is not going to be using the new faction config they were going to originally, EI has taken EE's place in that regard, and EE is not going live anytime soon, Doughnuts deadline was several months ago, and he was basically hyping up his server on the faction config he is no longer going to use, the EE you are looking forward to is not the same as what is actually going to happen AFAIK.
    That's a shame, but won't change my decision about this server.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Something tells me there's still a lot of demand for EE to use its own config.

Reaction score
    I just want to say something about the people who are shitting on EI, if you do not like it, nobody is forcing you to play on it, nobody is holding a gun up to your head making you play it, if you do not like the server thats fine, but could you at least stop dedicating your heart and soul into encouraging others not to play on it, I am not going to name names, but a lot of people in chat and on this post have telling other players to stay away from EI, most because of reasons that have been proven to not be true, most commonly the "Odium are admins on this server" excuse.

Please let others make their own decisions about what they want to play, if you as a person do not like the server and have not even played it, keep your opinions to yourself, if you have played on EI and didn't like it, write a negative review and detail every aspect you hate about the server to Arkazan can improve on it.

Reactions: BDLS
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Trying to stay neutral, so don't jump on me, but I wonder if EI would be able to post public admin command logs to a web site with certain information blanked out (like the target coords of sector changes). Using a script it would be fairly easy to append to a log automatically. Not sure if it would record when an admin uses the button to admin spawn in a ship off the Admin Blueprint Menu. There's clearly some distrust of the admin staff by some members of the community, maybe something like this could alleviate their fears?

Hell, this might be a good idea for ALL servers.