DISCONTINUED

Making Credits have value in game, make the following items restocked only at spawn

• Jump-Comp, Scan-Comp, Cloak, Radar; ; not craftable 50k each

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    another reason that an alliance like nest of orion should be reformed to protect small factions to combat these evil pvp factions you are talking about ;)
    Alas NO isn't likely to be reformed. Thryn and NFD (now TNT) don't see eye to eye on everything, not to mention the other major member (trident) having merged into NFD means it'd be lacking membership.

As to an alliance of other factions? Just gotta find them I guess.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    One assumes small factions would band together to fight larger ones. No idea about trade factions, maybe they hire some protection?
    The big faction would still be likely to "win," as it'd have the most FP at the end of the cycle, though.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    So this server is basically a server for 1 big fac to win every single time? Because;
    Small pvp factions are going to get rekd
    Trade factions are going to get rekd
    And all other types of factions that aren't huge pvp factions are just going to get smashed because of that stupid fac points homebase protection thing.
    lol there's a very good reason I'm building up cheap BPs to start off with before so much as thinking of setting up on this server. XD

Just need to come up with a cheap and spamable defense station and fleet ships and I'll be good to go. As for what to do about large PvP factions all someone like me could do is pray they are too busy fighting each other. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Love the server, but faction map is annoying since all the factions on the map have turned purple, and that's pretty annoying when you're in a heavily faction based server.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    So this server is basically a server for 1 big fac to win every single time? Because;
    Small pvp factions are going to get rekd
    Trade factions are going to get rekd
    And all other types of factions that aren't huge pvp factions are just going to get smashed because of that stupid fac points homebase protection thing.
    it's not "for" that, one faction has simply come out ahead at start. it's only been going 3 weeks. we're ahead right now, but there are only 4-5 of us active - not exactly "big." things change - the server is full of intrigue and politics.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1459733743,1459733661][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hey those are pretty neat lookin, nice ships Mac
    Personally I'd love to the ones with the new speed holes too xD
    They were pretty. Like fireworks. Still holding 103,000 FP and over 60 star systems, so their sacrifice was not meaningless ;-)

Reactions: Az14el
    Reaction score
    Hey, I noticed you recently made Warheads cost a lot but are extremely overpowered, I just wanted to say I do not quite like this idea, as all one needs to do is make a small cloaker with expendable materials and pop the warhead a long way from the ship, if rammed into a base, bye bye base, this basically massively nerfs base defense, I would suggest you change this back, especially seeing one played controls a lot of warheads that were brought before this was implemented

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    *several million warheads leak out of pockets*

Az14el

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    imo buff them to the point where they can at least crack adv armor/faction mods, with a smaller radius (think swarmers without an effect system), would give them a use outside of pure PvO (Player vs Offline) crap, without the gigantic holes. On defaults settings they're pretty much the domain of pirates and RP stuff anyway.

Worth mentioning that this kind of thing can still be achieved with a single warhead strike on default settings with the right knowledge, regardless of faction module shenanigans, purely design based. It's definitely covered by the "no ramming ships" rule since it requires a larger "torpedo", but can be pulled off with the same neutral warhead fashion.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Yup, still down. 8~ hours now? Lame.

But!

I still like the server and will continue to tell folks to join it when they get a chance.

Reaction score
    I like this server so far lol i started making a trade base faction and was working on our first station and recently while offline my still under construction station along with my only ship was destroyed and i guess we are at war with the Call of Cthulhu( or Ktulu, idk lol) so now i am stranded... :'(

Reaction score
    I like this server so far lol i started making a trade base faction and was working on our first station and recently while offline my still under construction station along with my only ship was destroyed and i guess we are at war with the Call of Cthulhu( or Ktulu, idk lol) so now i am stranded... :'(
    whats ur faction name?

Az14el

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    lol there's a very good reason I'm building up cheap BPs to start off with before so much as thinking of setting up on this server. XD

Just need to come up with a cheap and spamable defense station and fleet ships and I'll be good to go. As for what to do about large PvP factions all someone like me could do is pray they are too busy fighting each other. :)
    Relating to the this and Infecteds post its quoting, most of us are doing the same, though that arms race is... really steep now... I plan to keep pushing but will be interested to see how many actually care enough to put in the effort to stay competitive.

Tbh this latest change on warheads makes things a lot more interesting (definitely willing to admit they can become overpowered, but my point is Ark has been making the effort to balance them, instead of caving to pressure from a vocal few and leaving them at their sad pop-rock defaults), they shift the power balance between stealth/guerilla tactics & pure military might. These kind of options are absolutely needed to make sure what Infected said DOESN'T become a thing, balancing them is a matter of time and testing. Good stuff.

Last edited:

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    lol Dockable Warhead Spears come to mind as a way to ram into the faction block target on stations. :) Well this is assuming it is anywhere near the Nav Marker. o_O

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Last I was able to get on was yesterday. Vaygr was crashing through our space in something server-lagging that I never bothered getting close to, and suddenly it all went down. Haven't been able to log on since.

I thought it was just a brief crash due to load, but I guess the custom block changes are causing deeper problems?