Dev Update August 20th 2017

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Toshiro As mentioned in the previous blog post, we are not a big dev team and don't really have that many testers. Therefore we partly rely on the pre-build phase to identify bugs. Unfortunately, only a small amount of players is trying out the pre builds, which means there can be a lot that is missed. In terms of bugs, the most work to fix a bug is to identify it, which means someone reporting a reproducible way to cause the bug on phabricator. Even if you can't reliably reproduce them, saving and reporting the logs with a description of what happened already helps a lot. We are looking into possibly doing a small release in between to fix some things, but we need to know what the issues are and how to reproduce them.
    Thank you for your reply and I take good note, I will try to expose the problems encountered on phabricator hoping that this can help.
    cordially

Last edited:

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    appreciate the amount of time and effort you guys putting into the game and making it even better then it already is!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Thanks for the update. I was just thinking this weekend - it would be cool if Schine could put out a video previewing the power system so we can do some planning on our ship refitting or new designs.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    How will this update handle shields and stuff? Will they still use the block-stuffing meta or something new?

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    How will this update handle shields and stuff? Will they still use the block-stuffing meta or something new?
    I am also wondering this. Until ships benefit from crew or passengers, ships that replace interior with shields will have an upper hand. Unless shields are also reworked, somehow.

Reaction score
    I was wondering about the shields, as well.

What I am going to end up waiting for after the pre-build is out, is for all of the people that are smarter than me (quite a few, I would imagine) to go and calculate the distance needed from the reactor to the stabilizers needed to achieve 100% efficiency. From what has been said, the distance increases based on your reactor size. So, having a hard formula/ratio will help to give people a hand in quickly figuring out where to place their stabilizers in relation to the reactor block.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    An online schine member !! Can you give me a hand. tell me if there is any
    chance we can insert obj/stl files as 3d canvas for building ship like this ?:
    Say no to SMEdit, Hail [s]Hydra[/s] Manual
    We do not support loading models into the game. There are third party tools that may work. I'm not sure on the current state of SMEdit
    We may see official model import eventually, but until then, I have to plug SgSkallagrim's SMBEdit. With SMEdit being pretty much garbage at this point, SMBEdit is a worthy successor. SgSkallagrim is super helpful and was very prompt on getting back to me on issues I was having, which I've since resolved with his help. Besides, that, can't think of any good solutions currently.

Reaction score
    Like most people i'm eager to see the power update come to fruition. I do however appreciate the development cycle and would say don't be tempted to rush even if the community can be a bit pushy from time to time; at the end of the day I would prefer to wait longer and end up with a more refined update than to get a low quality update sooner.

All that being said you guys are do a fantastic job and,
    Thanks for making StarMade.

Reactions: Valiant70