1. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software. We expect to make the move before August.

Dev Update August 20th 2017

Discussion in 'Game News' started by schema, Aug 20, 2017.

1. nightrune

nightrune Wizard/Developer/Project Manager

We do not support loading models into the game. There are third party tools that may work. I'm not sure on the current state of SMEdit

2. Toshiro

Thank you for your reply and I take good note, I will try to expose the problems encountered on phabricator hoping that this can help.
      cordially

#22 Toshiro, Aug 21, 2017
      Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
      • Like Like x 3
    3. Wolverines527

Wolverines527 Warrior/Builder

looking forward to this new power system

4. yoyo2901

yoyo2901 Meatshield

appreciate the amount of time and effort you guys putting into the game and making it even better then it already is!

5. KiloZulu

Thanks for the update. I was just thinking this weekend - it would be cool if Schine could put out a video previewing the power system so we can do some planning on our ship refitting or new designs.

6. Valiant70

Valiant70 That crazy cyborg

How will this update handle shields and stuff? Will they still use the block-stuffing meta or something new?

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. kiddan

kiddan Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror

I am also wondering this. Until ships benefit from crew or passengers, ships that replace interior with shields will have an upper hand. Unless shields are also reworked, somehow.

8. Ryuusei

I was wondering about the shields, as well.

What I am going to end up waiting for after the pre-build is out, is for all of the people that are smarter than me (quite a few, I would imagine) to go and calculate the distance needed from the reactor to the stabilizers needed to achieve 100% efficiency. From what has been said, the distance increases based on your reactor size. So, having a hard formula/ratio will help to give people a hand in quickly figuring out where to place their stabilizers in relation to the reactor block.

9. Xtremesonicboom

We may see official model import eventually, but until then, I have to plug SgSkallagrim's SMBEdit. With SMEdit being pretty much garbage at this point, SMBEdit is a worthy successor. SgSkallagrim is super helpful and was very prompt on getting back to me on issues I was having, which I've since resolved with his help. Besides, that, can't think of any good solutions currently.

10. Omega563

Like most people i'm eager to see the power update come to fruition. I do however appreciate the development cycle and would say don't be tempted to rush even if the community can be a bit pushy from time to time; at the end of the day I would prefer to wait longer and end up with a more refined update than to get a low quality update sooner.

All that being said you guys are do a fantastic job and,
      Thanks for making StarMade.

• Like Like x 1
    11. LoSboccacc

[​IMG]

I kid, I kid