Dark Days Ahead if Things Aren't Set Straight

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I'm down. Raiben doesn't know about this entire thread yet lol. Should we start a PM?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    As a Starfeed speaker, I think we would greatly benefit from doing this thing weekly and doing upcoming news.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Would weekly updates be enough to satiate the masses?

Actually the starfeed podcast, (of which I know nothing) and the video episodes can be posted like once a week. Text posts can be posted basically whenever there's information released.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    If i had the stuff I would help with the tube channel. I could definitely point my tiny worthless Bandicam channel to the News channel though

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    While noone here knows me and I have very little time with life and all that, I do have recording equipment and software if any of you need an extra hand in projects/demonstrations/occasional news video.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    *facepalm* Being American, I know what you mean, but that's still discrimination based on a personal trait.
    How the heck is that discrimination? I simply do not like constantly hearing British accents on gaming videos. Does that really make me a racist?

I'm sure there's plenty of people who don't like hearing an internationally-based thick indian accent every time they try to use customer support for something. Are they discriminatory too?

Reaction score
    Your heads are in the game but your hearts are in the song. Shocker: this one actually is related, if cryptic.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Here's my analysis of your post: Immaturity, superiority complex, lack of comprehension in global politics, lacking ability to properly read other user's posts (In this case, @Comr4de 's), mom joke user, pathetic attempt at offending an other member, obvious lack of civism, logical fallacies and false hopes.

Hope that covers everything!
    and you obviously have absolutely so sense of humor at all hope your titan is going well and see you online oh and I have quite a good view of global politics and are you SUPPORTING North Korea? I don't normally use mum jokes, I generally don't like them but he pissed me off quite a bit.

[DOUBLEPOST=1410933405,1410932903][/DOUBLEPOST]
    What is going on :(

The news I post are meant as news for everyone. Stuff in the dev build and things that are told to other people are coming to the news eventually. When it's actually in the game. Something in a dev build is not really a secret at the moment. The thing is, it's stuff that isn't finished and sometimes must be taken out.

I don't like doing a dev block. Because from watching other people do it, I found out that the time they take to write it is about as much time as they spent coding. It sounds odd, but it seems to be the case. The reason is, that you can't be too technical and have to express yourself with an actual narrative about what you did. I just find it something unnecessary as every information is there in the news. And new stuff is already in the dev, it will be at the next news.

The news are the news. If you want to know about the features on the dev build, you just have to hop on the test server and ask if andy is around.

Why are people insulting others in this thread? MF helps a great deal. I remember at the start of the year they and friends were basically the only people putting out videos, while others made it their job to just complain on the forums. Of course I'm involved with them, as I am with other helpful people that got in contact with me.

I don't get why there is so much negativity sometimes. I love the community, but I don't understand why there has to be so much drama.
    sorry schema, i try not to be negative and to to keep things light hearted, I was just annoyed and @Comr4de didn't appreciate how much the schine group does and that some like Calbiri have full time jobs.
    keep up the fantastic work, you have created an amazing game.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Uh....what? Developer's talk with players, "the people" every day. They're always listening to new/old/crazy/already planned ideas from all over the place, so I'm afraid I don't know where you're getting this idea from.

MushroomFleet is a huge community within StarMade, how is it a flaw?
    I'm not against MF, I just don't like how dumbed down their videos get. For example, once there was a video of just Tomino copy/pasting an engine. Also, I don't like how they break their promises. They once promised they'd review one of my ships. Months passed, and when I reminded them about it they told me that I need to put my ship for a review at a specific time, which is very late after midnight in my country. Sure, it's their server and they make the rules, but a promise is a promise.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    A few devs and a few volunteers will be writing up some stuff to post on the news about once a week including information on the state of the game development.

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ok... let's keep off the whole personal dislike of listening to an accent is discrimination topic. Primarily because it's unrelated to this thread, but it was also straying into flame-baiting territory.

This thread's been warned once by War, keep on topic please.

Reaction score
    OMG - duck and cover - another DOOM thread is here. The game isn't out of ALPHA yet and there are already DOOM threads! People need to go get laid or get drunk or something - life is to short to be here complaining about internet space ships.

I personally mostly enjoy watching the mushroom fleet videos - they provide a sense of "community" outside of the "official" community - Tom has his relationships with the people who work on the game - that's called networking - anyone can do it. Making videos - anyone can do that to - it's a time consuming process of planning and aligning resources to a mission objective. Tom goofing off - who cares - he is having fun sit and enjoy it. I'm not a 'shroomie - I'm just a 30 year old dude who enjoys space games.

Dump the negative thoughts and emotions - find a way to turn it positive and empower the person you are talking to - we need more positive energy in this world - and no more doom threads!

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    positive energy. if we have too many protons that could cause some problems[DOUBLEPOST=1410949171,1410949102][/DOUBLEPOST]actually their could be more hydrogen atoms

Reaction score
    I love the video idea. I wish I had come across this thread earlier, though I think I wouldn't have seen the suggestions to try and do more approaches than with only Mushroom Fleet. I love the channel, but I also really like the idea of more people stepping up to try and help out with news and such. It's sorta felt like that part has dropped off a bit since the summer. Would like to pitch in with the effort in some way, though I'm concerned how easy it'll be for me to consistently post things.

Reaction score
    Crazy. The thread has two pages, I go to bed. I get up, the thread has 8 pages. I see that we're all friends again, but there's still stuff I want to point out.
    Please don't take this out on calbiri. He works on his own fields (and has a full time job). The things he told MF about the hyperdrive were already on the forum. Most of the new features in the dev build he knows after the testers.
    I think one of the concerns (apart from the medium used) was that MF are fed with information that are not available anywhere else. For instance, I (as a tester) did not know about Galaxies. It was also unclear to me how the hyperdrive was supposed to work exactly (yes, I read the respective thread). This may be because I never bothered to get a direct line to you, but that doesn't change anything.

Tom just stated that he aims for 6 minutes in this thread and on top of that I never recall watching a video of his that was over ten minutes. Someone literally said that they wanted to have a dev blog because watching a youtube video forces them to stop playing music. Are we seriously that lazy?
    No. I for one do not like watching videos for information at all. And I like it even less when my ears are bombarded with loud techno music (seriously—I dance and can therefore put up with much, but not this crap) that I can't even turn down.

Okay. Is it fixed now that we get written updates? If there is no one that wants to do that, I could, but I prefer not to. I already have too much on my plate—I'm even neglecting testing. :P