Dark Days Ahead if Things Aren't Set Straight

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Please don't take this out on calbiri. He works on his own fields (and has a full time job). The things he told MF about the hyperdrive were already on the forum. Most of the new features in the dev build he knows after the testers.

I don't know what people are saying about feudalism tbh. This game/forum is not a political state.

We are already working on making cut down 30sec videos without voice and text as short updates for the official youtube channel.
    I am down with the last part. Quick and easy updates.

You should still make some YouTube videos, instead of complaining. May be a little more productive.
    Complaining =/= criticism.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    You should still make some YouTube videos, instead of complaining. May be a little more productive.
    I really hate this non-argument. You never see people telling film critics to make their own films if they say they don't like a film. And if you think Comr4de is complaining then you really need to get a grip. There is nothing wrong with expressing grievances and doubts to the people in charge. That's called 'feedback.' If he was complaining about non-issues, like the lack of colours, or the fact that we have to build the ships ourselves then yes, he would be complaining.

Now, if all you're going to say is "Well, why don't YOU do it!?" and delve into full blown projection, then please stop posting, as you don't contribute anything to the discussion.

Am I being too harsh? Tough. The adults are speaking.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Ok, this thread is posting a mile a minute. I think a mod should lock this thread, for say, an hour, and give everybody time to cool off and come back to this level headed.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Notice if you will the fact that this thread was not shutdown or any other such nonsense. Most of the mod posts here have been just to keep things on topic and civil. The mentions of any medical conditions have been changed to 'levity' for the sake of keeping with star-made's civil traditions. No one is getting warning points for it this time. The next time it happens points will be awarded though as it violates rule 2 and 4.

Good points have been raised. Let's keep the discussion rolling.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Eh, I guess this discussion is getting tiresome atm.
    I'm gonna go play some Skyrim.
    Be back in a few.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Let me summarize before this gets any more out of hand:

People want more information. I won't do dev blogs because they are time expensive. Twitter is picking up over the last days with more people access to it.

people are upset because MF has information a few days before they do. He is one of the most involved people with the most content over a year, and got in contact without us. We are friends and we talk. Cal was mostly giving information that was available on the forum for some time. All information I give is available in the dev build. All other information is confidential and will not reach public.
    When I talk about plans, I do so in the news. Everything else I say about plans is unofficial.

Also, it seems people are upset about MF style of videos. Awnser: we are planning 30 sec cuts without voice but text.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ok, this thread is posting a mile a minute. I think a mod should lock this thread, for say, an hour, and give everybody time to cool off and come back to this level headed.
    I have thought about doing so. However, it would just stir people up even more.

This sort of thing has been a long time coming, anyway. We're leaving it open as long as we can, as long as no one is getting too nasty. I promise we're watching. ;)

Reactions: SkylordLuke

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The problem with MushroomFleet is that there is too much shallow hype surrounding them; they've basically become Starmade's equivalent of Yogscast. They've become mainstream in a bad way. I personally think their "yhole" memes and whatnot are over-exaggerated, and not funny/entertaining at all. Having to skim through their long livestream videos just to figure out what's going on in the latest dev build is incredibly annoying, and it'd be nice if we had another source other than them.

I personally fell that MushroomFleet and Schine have basically morphed into one big entity, and meanwhile the rest of the community is considerably detached from what the higher-ups is doing. It feels like Feudalism.
    Oh, and I personally am bored of all the British gaming personalities out there for indie games on the internet; I realize they're popular, but it's almost become cliche from my point of view. And MushroomFleet has a ton of that, so I don't like to watch their videos very often, because I can easily close my eyes and imagine I'm watching Yogscast or some other extremely cliche gaming channel.

Regardless, I have played with them before on livestreams in the past, back when I was still willingly a tester, and they're pretty fun people to play with. Although, the positions they have means they're often very busy, so you don't get to have fun with them much, because they're doing their professional-kinds-of-things quite often.
    I didn't appreciate the comment about British gaming personalities (Who cares if they're American, or British, or whatever else? All that matters is what they do and how they do it.) but otherwise I agree...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I have thought about doing so. However, it would just stir people up even more.

This sort of thing has been a long time coming, anyway. We're leaving it open as long as we can, as long as no one is getting too nasty. I promise we're watching. ;)
    Fire, what about the Starfeed Podcast? Mushroom Fleet could be like the 'Yogscast' if you will and Starfeed would be the informative newscast.

Reactions: Lecic and Ithirahad

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I really think schema summarized things beautifully. So my question is this: Who else wants to toss their hat in the ring? Who else is willing to be dedicated, organized and do the time consuming labor of distilling the info here and the nuggets hidden in the DEV builds into something consumable for typical users? Only one has done so and kept the pace. More volunteers would be lovely.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    While I do like Mushroom Fleet and their many funny videos and stuff. It would be nice to have a more dedicated news page imo. Something in depth talking about new/upcoming features and demonstrating them in-game maybe?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I really think schema summarized things beautifully. So my question is this: Who else wants to toss their hat in the ring? Who else is willing to be dedicated, organized and do the time consuming labor of distilling the info here and the nuggets hidden in the DEV builds into something consumable for typical users? Only one has done so and kept the pace. More volunteers would be lovely.
    i will try to do more on that if everyone is ok with it?
    you know where to find me

ResonKinetic

SPICY hot dog child
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I just wanna say that my main concern was how moderators and staff interacted with the community, so seeing that mods are supporting open discussion, encouraging it, and listening really puts me at ease. Still, I strongly believe that it is important to weed out staff that could lead us to a situation similar to that brought out in the op.

Reactions: Ithirahad

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I would be willing to do that. I can talk to another youtuber and make it all professional and what not. We both have been focusing on our content quality lately. If he's willing to do it that is. This would be the video portion I suppose. If you guys do not have the time I see no reason to hand it off to someone capable.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I didn't appreciate the comment about British gaming personalities (Who cares if they're American, or British, or whatever else? All that matters is what they do and how they do it.) but otherwise I agree...
    I don't mean it as a racist comment, I'm just referring to their accent. It annoys me because I hear exactly the same kind of accent on a lot of other gaming channels out there. I have trouble telling their voices apart, they legitimately all sound the same to me. It feels almost like they're following me across the internet.... spooky dude, I know.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    i will try to do more on that if everyone is ok with it?
    you know where to find me
    I would be willing to do that. I can talk to another youtuber and make it all professional and what not. We both have been focusing on our content quality lately. If he's willing to do it that is. This would be the video portion I suppose. If you guys do not have the time I see no reason to hand it off to someone capable.
    I would actually be behind this. Not a big fan of the video medium (I prefer print) but it seems like y'all know what you're doing.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Fire, what about the Starfeed Podcast? Mushroom Fleet could be like the 'Yogscast' if you will and Starfeed would be the informative newscast.
    Definite possibility. Thinking over what I could do with StarFeed.