Dannage Fleetyards: Poor Advice For Noobs

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Sorry, earlier when I references WoWP I thought that was some daft way of abbreviating world of warships without offending blizzard... Didn't realise there was a plane one as well..

Meatball Marinara delivering missile loads to your door with a smile.

Reaction score
    No, World of Warships is abbreviated WoWS, while World of Warplanes is referred to as WoWP.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Capital ship is draining my will to live.

So far she's on just over 20k mass... Original plan was that this was 'cruiser' and I might build a 'battleship' after... But no... For I will crack should I try... And also so will my computer.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Yo Dannage my mannage!

I just found this thread, I had a ton of fun reading from your humbly bumbly beginulations right up to the epic efforts of the Nimitz in the latest post you have pooted out. I am impressed, you're a prolific builder to be sure, and have created some spectacular ships even in the earliest of your builds. Even as you found your feet was there a focus on quality I wish I shared in my earliest days.

I will not say you're going to be an epic builder, because to me you already are one. I love the design of your burrito-ships and I hope you do well in the community contest I am fastidiously ignoring in favour of building Ragnarok's server assets.

Love your work and the manner in which you are documenting it, will be following this thread.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Heh heh, to be fair I had been in game a while by then, just never really finished a ship I was building a massive one, but got so bored I eventually gave up, because the behemoth, called "Mother 1" was so fragging ridiculous.

But encouraging noobs requires humble sip builds to start with, to show how people are at the beginning. Give it a year or two, I might be able to make something like one of your old builds. ;)

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I'm the opposite, I need something large to keep my interest in the background. Usually among my other projects I have something enormous to ship away at like The Black or the Ravenlord II

Reaction score
    One word: holy crap. I wish I could build like that (my ships are just half kilometer long corrodors)

I've been reading this thread for a while, and I just got an account. I would've joined a year ago. Or whenever the thread started.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1466270995,1466268115][/DOUBLEPOST]I came here cause I'm a. NOOB

PLIX

Thats XCOM baby!
    Reaction score
    wa
    Eh, World of Warships requires quick thinking unless you play a battleship. Then, it doesn't matter ,because by the time you realize you need to think about it, it's too late to do anything about it. Warplanes, however, last time I played it ... man it sucked. I couldn't track targets, framerate lagged to nothing on my gaming computer, the mouse was jumpy and inconsistent... yeah. WoTanks, however, is awesome. I would highly recommend it. It's an excellent game, but the grind takes forever. And I mean I've played it for several years and only have two tier 10s, and credit grinding sucks. Otherwise I'd have more.
    Nice interiors. However, I just can't get around the sandwich-ship brigade. Would you like the 122m supersub, the 56m PBJ sandwich, or the 25m appetizer? ;)
    thunder requires little grinding because the pure number of vehicles to unlock it still takes a long time to get to the next tier

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    One word: holy crap. I wish I could build like that (my ships are just half kilometer long corrodors)

I've been reading this thread for a while, and I just got an account. I would've joined a year ago. Or whenever the thread started.
    I came here cause I'm a. NOOB
    Waaaait a minute.. holy crap is 2 words... :p

You're very kind, but there's no reason you can't build like this or better. Just give yourself a chance and work your way up from a simple ship to something sexier. That's the point of this thread, the big ships don't come straight away. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Quick update: went to version .146 and the corners in all my internals went black, so look rubbish. Plus, they just added consoles and pipes, so my internals are way outdated. Work may continue in the future if the lighting gets sorted, but for now, the capital ship isn't going to get any more work done. Currently mind blowing at 25k mass anyway. ;)

Ragnarok gets the reboot towards the end of the month, but my xsplit too laggy to record properly (same issue as OBS) plus I'm seeing the month in with a holiday.

So, next up on this thread will be mid July, and will be starting on a beautiful new survival server, where we will figure out some bucket of bolts to fly around in. Whilst I'm on holiday I will probably try and figure out a general shape I haven't done yet, since I've already made quite a few different styles here as it is. :)

For the rest of this week and next, when I have free time, looks like World of Warships and my newly purchased Diablo III will get my attention!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1466581282,1466577711][/DOUBLEPOST]As a wrap up, here are two pics of what had been done before the break.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Great Shipyard thread! Such an awesome range of ships.

I remember seeing the first couple of pages last year and being really interested in the cross sections and step by step pictures of your progress.
    Glad i found the rest.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Nicely done, Dannage. I've not chanced to look at the new blocks yet.

See you on the other side.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Great Shipyard thread! Such an awesome range of ships.

I remember seeing the first couple of pages last year and being really interested in the cross sections and step by step pictures of your progress.
    Glad i found the rest.
    Awww, now when I get one of the officials telling me I'm not the worst thing in the universe, I get all shy and starstruck. :p I'm a big fan of all your colouring in and infographics Kupu, sir.. m'lord... *bows and chants "we're not worthy" *

More ships coming in July. Thinking maybe something quite... vertical... Don't know, got to keep trying to do different shapes, to encourage diversity in the community. :)

Orph, I shall indeed. I'm really looking forward to getting onto Port Vittar and finally making my smudge on Ragnarok.... :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Right noobies.

I'm back from holiday and the competitions are over and the new Ragnarok server is allegedly up. Also, several new versions and hotfixes since my last pics, so time for me to get back into the ring.

Now, since this thread was aimed to encourage 'new' builders to realise not every player starts with the amazing work you see on some of these threads, I'd like to know if there is anything -YOU- (The noob) would like to see, or would find helpful... Please provide some commentary so I know what will encourage you to develop your skills/enhance your enjoyment:

Ta.

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    I'd like to see you setting up a station and shipyard with factories. I have no idea how factories work, no idea how shipyards work, and with the new trade mechanics, automation seems not far on the horizon.

Reaction score
    I think the logic is at the state when semi-automated is currently possible.

Not for the shipyard, true, but for the making of all the stuff that goes into the ship? yeah, that can be done.
    (not that I comprehend the logic well enough to even attempt it)

It's just, complicated.

That said, I'd allso like to see Dannage do a factory station.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ah yes, I never really posted a decent set of pcs of my Mk II Coburn's Manufactory, but it was plenty big.

I only really automated hull production mind. Are you guys keen on seeing all the logic that goes into it, or are you just thinking I might make pretty little buildings? :)

Reaction score
    Heck, I'm fine with seeing the logic too. the very few videos I've seen tend to gloss over the critical logic parts. With the same multiple pictures style you've been doing, so long as you clearly state what goes where, anyone should be able to follow along. (and typiclly better than with a video, as you can study the one image [and it's descriptive text] forever untill you do finally comprehend it.)
    (allso, I'm not fond of having to pause a video, as while that does allow me to study the picture, it allso stops the audio description.)

[Hanes car manuals come to mind here. Sure, sometimes the pictures are crap, but the descriptive text usually compensates. I actually learn better/faster by reading one of those than I do with hands-on instruction, and far far better than with a video tutorial.]

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Okie dokie, get a survival server, build a quick salvage ship, build a station... check.