CV-063 Monolith x3 CFO - A WIP 1.5km long Mothership - Update #23

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The lack of pentas and tetras being used to smooth the sides of the "GREAT BLUGES" even more is bothering me slightly. But I can't really say I blame you for not doing them. That woul take a ton of time :P

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The lack of pentas and tetras being used to smooth the sides of the "GREAT BLUGES" even more is bothering me slightly. But I can't really say I blame you for not doing them. That woul take a ton of time :p
    He going to smooth it, just hasn't gotten around to doing it yet.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Oh wow...
    Thats a lot of pentas and tetras .....

On a ship related note, great work on this ship so far! It is coming along nicely :)

Reaction score
    Update #21

Over the last two days I've been working on the wing hangars, since they had been awfully neglected since work had begun on Hangar 1, and I'm proud to say they are starting to look like hangars again:

I've also been spending a lot of time doing exterior detailing:

Reaction score
    Update #22

Been 3 days since my last update, and I've been a busy man. Most of the work I've been doing over the last few days has been with systems, but I did do quite a bit of detailing.

First and foremost, Started docking turrets to the sides, as seen below:

I also did more wedging on the forward hull:

Also added some more detail to Hangar 1:

Yes, that's a multi-floor gravity elevator. And yes, it works.

Also, I started building out decks K-O, starting with Deck K, and Docking control, and the Offices of the Harbormaster and the Customs and Excise commissioner:

That's just ONE row of docking control. And yes, every single button in docking control does Cool Stuff™.
    There's more that I've done, but It'll have to wait till the next post.

Oh yeah, and I linked up all the blast shutters to the master control now. So that's cool.

Reactions: Rumcajz and Keptick
    Reaction score
    Update #22:

More work on engineering, also working on building Really Big Guns™ for turrets.

And a new BigPicture:

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    I am new to the game, just over 2 weeks of owning the game and about 200 hours of gameplay. I have seen alot of different ship designs although admittedly I have not been playing that long. I have to say this is a really impressive ship. What kind of shield cap and recharge does it have?

Reaction score
    hey people. So over the Christmas Holiday I haven't posted any updates, but I HAVE been doing some work, including the first draft of the ship's brig, the start of the orbital deployment area, and some more work on the BIG TURRET™. But I digress. I'm still alive, people.

Reactions: wakko151
    Reaction score
    I'm taking a bit of a break from building for a while so I don't get burnt out. I'm lacking in inspiration, so I'll be playing other space games to get me excited about spaaaaace again.

Reaction score
    I'm taking a bit of a break from building for a while so I don't get burnt out. I'm lacking in inspiration, so I'll be playing other space games to get me excited about spaaaaace again.
    I recommend something like X3:Terran Conflict and X3:Albion Prelude, both are fantastic, though Albion Prelude adds a lot more.

Reaction score
    Hey guys, just an update: Got a new job, started last week. Also been playing elite: dangerous. Been giving some thought to how I'm going to plot out the armory and central security.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Hey guys, so Jsem's come back from his exile, and so have I, but only on weekends. Still getting used to the new job, but so far, so good.
    It's amazing to have you back!

Reaction score
    I'll have some stuff to show shortly. I'm trying to squeeze in time on the weekdays, but between assignments, study and my own 'personal project' which i'll be announcing soon, it's difficult to juggle. I'll be starting on the internal-security deck shortly.

Reaction score
    Update: I'm working on some internal systems - nothing visual as of right now, will post some pictures SOON™.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I love the ship shape and style it is a fantastic really really excellent ship. The one and only thing I could say is on the side the color schemes don't match and clash but that's it. The user could change that if he or she wished since it is a relatively small part of the ship. But it is still bond my expression with words how amzing this ship is

Reaction score
    Update #23: Help, I'm alive.

Future home of Astrometrics.

Port Missile Magazine.

Done some more work on Engineering. On the right are thermal syncs wrapped around amplifier coils. On the left are the Capacitors for the ship's Mass Pulse Drive.

Heatsinks and coolant pipes.

put forcefields in the prison.

did some more detail work on the main engines.

A couple little things here and there. Not pictured: Blocked out the hallway leading from docking control to the Service Elevators. I'm starting to do some planning for when Rails make it to Release - my shipwide tram system can actually happen now, and all the turrets will need to be redone from scratch. (Just when I thought it was safe to start docking them, too!)
    The biggest change is that dark shadowy thing that you can't see too clearly - that's the framework for Astrometrics.