What type of ships should I concentrate on

• Total voters

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    also a little tip for weapon designs for small/large ships when building AMC cannons a 1 by 1 by 1 AMC cannon does 25 dmg and a 20 by 1 by 1 does 130.4 dmg so when building fighters make the AMC cannons a 1 by 1 by 1 instead of well what you currently have also you can make some awesome super weapons that are very laggy (depends one the size of ship) also when building AMC groups on big ships if you stack them basicly they all have the same out put in the same position you can make a beamish affect and it fires more presicly also a 400 dmg AMC cannon can 1 shot hardened hull also when building weapon groups the closest weapon block to the front of the ship is the output so when building ships the closest weapon block to the front should be one block not more than one because if there is more than one it is randomized and looks realy ugly hope these tips helped and keep up the great work!
    thanks for the tips, however its apparent that the more AMC groups you put the more energy that the ship uses. thats why i design my weapons the way i do. every new AMC group multiples the energy use, its one of the new features to nerf shotgun arrays and as well shotgun arrays require that you get even closer to your target. for a well rounded fighter getting up close and personal especially against bigger ships won't go well.
    also you need to consider the defensive measures. deplete your energy tanks and your shields won't regen, you can always run but since theres a speed cap its only a matter of time till your pursuer catches you.

of course you also have to consider the future. the weapons update will change the way AMC work. shotgun arrays may not be as effective as they r now. but of course thats just me.

as for the giganaut, last time i checked the weapons on it there was 20 AMC arrays doing 2.5k damage each which would be doing about 150k DPS

Reaction score
    thanks for the tips, however its apparent that the more AMC groups you put the more energy that the ship uses. thats why i design my weapons the way i do. every new AMC group multiples the energy use, its one of the new features to nerf shotgun arrays and as well shotgun arrays require that you get even closer to your target. for a well rounded fighter getting up close and personal especially against bigger ships won't go well.
    also you need to consider the defensive measures. deplete your energy tanks and your shields won't regen, you can always run but since theres a speed cap its only a matter of time till your pursuer catches you.

of course you also have to consider the future. the weapons update will change the way AMC work. shotgun arrays may not be as effective as they r now. but of course thats just me.

as for the giganaut, last time i checked the weapons on it there was 20 AMC arrays doing 2.5k damage each which would be doing about 150k DPS
    yes I know however I noticed that 1 by 1 by 1 groups don't consume that much power in fact they are more efficient until you reach in the 500 group scale so that's why they are a better thing to go with also large groups at that scale are actually less efficient and less powerful than smaller groups. a ship the size of the giganought should be using groups doing around 11k dmg not 2.5k dmg because I have a ship 800 meters long 100 meter wide and tall and has 50m regen 10b powerstorage and has 72 groups of 11k dmg dealing AMC cannons having a total DPS of 770k and is capable of firing for 80 seconds just some advice to keep in mind :)

Reaction score

also I don't use fighters against larger ships only turrets and other fighters :D

Reaction score

and one last thing my speed cap is 200m so I can go as fast as I want :D

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    yes I know however I noticed that 1 by 1 by 1 groups don't consume that much power in fact they are more efficient until you reach in the 500 group scale so that's why they are a better thing to go with also large groups at that scale are actually less efficient and less powerful than smaller groups. a ship the size of the giganought should be using groups doing around 11k dmg not 2.5k dmg because I have a ship 800 meters long 100 meter wide and tall and has 50m regen 10b powerstorage and has 72 groups of 11k dmg dealing AMC cannons having a total DPS of 770k and is capable of firing for 80 seconds just some advice to keep in mind :)
    Fascinating. can you show me this ship? i wana see how u do it.

Reaction score
    Fascinating. can you show me this ship? i wana see how u do it.
    sure its not done yet however only the weapons and the base hull and stats also I changed the color scheme to white because its more people seem to prefer that color scheme for some weird reason but anyways I can release a W.I.P version of the ship just keep in mind its not near done yet not even the detail work and keep up the great work! also I will edit the current version to help you see how its designed :)

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    sure its not done yet however only the weapons and the base hull and stats also I changed the color scheme to white because its more people seem to prefer that color scheme for some weird reason but anyways I can release a W.I.P version of the ship just keep in mind its not near done yet not even the detail work and keep up the great work! also I will edit the current version to help you see how its designed :)
    cool. alternatively u can PM me with pics detailing how this is done and thank you

Reaction score
    cool. alternatively u can PM me with pics detailing how this is done and thank you
    im planning on uploading a W.I.P version it should be ready in an hour and I will give you the link and like always keep up the great work :D

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    SWEET SHIPS!

I love the style and color scheme :D

Reaction score
    ok I don't think I can release the 800 meter ship because I just attempted to add some more stats to release it with and its far to laggy in the current build so im wondering if you wouldent mind me uploading a smaller less laggy W.I.P crimson ship that looks incredible and has a similar weapons set up?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    ok I don't think I can release the 800 meter ship because I just attempted to add some more stats to release it with and its far to laggy in the current build so im wondering if you wouldent mind me uploading a smaller less laggy W.I.P crimson ship that looks incredible and has a similar weapons set up?
    no problem go right ahead. im starting to implement what you said into some of my ships and your right. i got a massive DPS boost but im wondering is there a way to do this with capital ships and still keep the range of the guns? (for capital ships i concentrate on kiting targets then engaging them at close range)

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Shes back and all psyched up to blow the crap out of everything.

Mahina Mark II Class Bomber

Role: Strike Craft Heavy, Anti-Capital, Patrol Heavy
    Generation: I (redesign)
    Mass: 76.6
    L/H/W: 21m/7m/13m
    Power Regen: 5,592.9 e/sec
    Thrust: 101.1
    Shields: 9,436 Regen: 707 s/sec
    Arsenal: 10 Brawler Arrays (1,454.8 DPS), 2 Heavy Grade Target Lock Missiles
    Price: 994,024 Credits

Air superiority requires a good heavy hitter. The Mahina bomber fills that roll quite nicely. Rebuilt from the ground up, the Mahina can blast through most obstacles with ease to clear the way.

With twin Target lock missiles and our new AMC arrays the Mahina Mark II soars above its predecessor in every way. Increased Armor, stronger engines, streamlined design. the Mahina is a great addition to any fleet.​

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    no problem go right ahead. im starting to implement what you said into some of my ships and your right. i got a massive DPS boost but im wondering is there a way to do this with capital ships and still keep the range of the guns? (for capital ships i concentrate on kiting targets then engaging them at close range)
    yes just do the same however using that kind of weapon format is realy only good until your ship reaches 400m and also the more AMCs you have the laggier it gets what I tend to do for capital ships is make a large cluster of 400dmg cannons also some advice a 10 by 5 by 5 is a 400dmg cannon so that's your best bet for ships that are larger than 400m its what my fleet command ship has (800 meter ship) and it works great also just don't go nuts on the 400dmg clusters because 72 400dmg clusters will give you 200k dps and will require atleast 9-10m regen to fully function without powerdrain and the giganought could fit around 100+ without powerdrain my fleet command ship has 360 400dmg cannons and has a total dps of 800k however it has a 2x powerdrain rate so there only used when the enemys shields are down and rips through the entire ship in seconds also firing them for 40 seconds is well there isn't going to be anything moving at the worst and don't get me started what those things do normaly 1 second theres a ship there another second its gone even the core... and then theres my other ship with 2x that many... its also a W.I.P and is 2x the size (to lazy to finish it right now or ever lol)

Reaction score
    Shes back and all psyched up to blow the crap out of everything.

Mahina Mark II Class Bomber

Download: http://starmadedock.net/content/bomber-mahina-mkii.265/
    Generation: I (redesign)
    Mass: 76.6
    L/H/W: 21m/7m/13m
    Power Regen: 5,592.9 e/sec
    Thrust: 101.1
    Shields: 9,436 Regen: 707 s/sec
    Price: 994,024 Credits

Air superiority requires a good heavy hitter. The Mahina bomber fills that roll quite nicely. Rebuilt from the ground up, the Mahina can blast through most obstacles with ease to clear the way.
    With twin Target lock missiles and our new AMC arrays the Mahina Mark II soars above its predecessor in every way. Increased Armor, stronger engines, streamlined design. the Mahina is a great addition to any fleet.
    I will download it the next time I log into starmade because theres a bug currently with downloading ships is I have to have atleast one new downloaded ship to play because if I don't the game doesn't launch... kind of a good bug isn't it?

Reaction score
    These are all extremely sexy ships. Keep up the good work!

Reaction score
    hey crimson artist like I promised heres the link to my incredible battleship and tell me what you think shes a beauty also its a W.I.P so you can look at how the AMC groups are designed in build mode :) and I would upload pics but its to cramped to take a good one so heres the link and keep up the great work!
    link: http://starmadedock.net/content/dfw_titan_mk39-w-i-p.276/

Reaction score
    could you please release your turrets I need a immediate turret upgrade and since your ships use the same color scheme as mine I don't have to recolor the entire turret also they fit in with my ships and I just want the large medium and small sized ones basicly all of them also your kinda due to release them anyways XP

Reaction score
    Good to see one of my favorite shipyards made it to the new site. Keep up the good work.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Nice! Still looking for larger ship though ;)