Brainstorm This Crew: Stations, bonuses, specialties, experience & expense.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    What do you guys think about highly-experienced NPC crewmembers having something like a % chance to fire off a special ability, in addition to their AI duties?

Like, Scotty the elite engineering NPC might occasionally "reroute the warp matrix through the shield capacitors" if shields go down, bringing them back up in 5 seconds instead of 10. Elite captain NPC Picard might give a rousing speech during a rough battle, restoring crew morale.

My thought is not that the abilities happen all the time, or that they are super-powerful, but that chances for special abilities might be a nice perk to reward the player who put in the effort to grow and maintain a highly skilled crew.

Reactions: kiraen and GaeasSon
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    "RP Space" blocks that are connected to the bed block. These rp blocks would be invisible and without mass, kind of like area trigger blocks. The more RP block connected to the bed block the happier your crew is. Maybe even add bathroom block to be connected to the bed block. Could have multiple bed blocks per bed block.
    Now THIS has promise... may I add to it just a bit?

These RP blocks: They could be used to define all the normal travel paths within your ship. For Dave, getting from his bed to his duty station by parsing ship structure is a very complex task. If he were traveling between defined nodes... say, place an RP block at each door and corner in all the hallways... C and V connect them so they make a map connecting all the beds, duty stations, medical, mess-hall, etc. Now all the Daves have access to all the connected resources, as well as a simple binary tree logic to find paths for navigating corridors.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Now THIS has promise... may I add to it just a bit?

These RP blocks: They could be used to define all the normal travel paths within your ship. For Dave, getting from his bed to his duty station by parsing ship structure is a very complex task. If he were traveling between defined nodes... say, place an RP block at each door and corner in all the hallways... C and V connect them so they make a map connecting all the beds, duty stations, medical, mess-hall, etc. Now all the Daves have access to all the connected resources, as well as a simple binary tree logic to find paths for navigating corridors.
    I like this a lot. You could even use something like a "battle stations" or "waypoint" block to specify places you could order NPCs to move to.

"Johnson! Stop chatting up Marie and get to the bridge - we're being attacked by raiders!"

Reactions: GaeasSon
    Reaction score
    And THIS would exacly be the "define rooms" i thought of with on simple difference to my idea: "its way better".

Off topic:
    As i am thinking into it: You could also use it for a simple "docking"-solution for enttities: The should be able to have at least the "get there" pathfinding. So you could place a pathblock outside your ship to descripe the way to your dock for docking ai-entities: No massiv pathfinding: Get there and start following.

Reactions: Parameter
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    rails....um... I had a mental vision of crew on rails.
    What if crew essentially DID use the rails system?
    Regular rail blocks for one-way travel paths.
    A new block "deck plate" which allows arbitrary travel based on the path determined by the Daves own navigation algorithm.
    Physical contact allows connection to beds, resource stores, and duty stations.
    Step-on logic blocks function as deck plates, but can activate other logic.

I'm not sure how to tell Daves to use the elevator.

Edit: Deckplates could be associated with a gravity block, to determine the orientation of the attached Dave. (does he turn and walk up the wall, or climb the wall?)
    Maybe the top of a deck plate block is for walking on, and the sides are for climbing?

Even more Edit: Maybe if you look at the deckplate and hit "R" you can move around on the "dave-rail" system yourself to check connections and climb ladders.

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    What do you guys think about highly-experienced NPC crewmembers having something like a % chance to fire off a special ability, in addition to their AI duties?

Like, Scotty the elite engineering NPC might occasionally "reroute the warp matrix through the shield capacitors" if shields go down, bringing them back up in 5 seconds instead of 10. Elite captain NPC Picard might give a rousing speech during a rough battle, restoring crew morale.
    I'd rather not have RNG deciding the course of my battles.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    why do we need way points for crew? this sounds like it would be a lot of work to only see crew walking around.

Just show them in their bed or in the mess hall when their off, and at their stations when they're on duty
    [DOUBLEPOST=1442001336,1442001260][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I'd rather not have RNG deciding the course of my battles.
    what is RNG?

Reaction score
    As much i like the kind of lucky things like random skills, i would recomen not to implement them:
    1. They need resources (even if its only timers)
    2. I know a lot of guys, highly skilled but with minus luck. And i would hate it to loose a battle because of bad luck (your skills kicked in 5 times in a row)

So, for the deck plates: Seems to be a good idea but would suck up a part of the creativity as you have to place them on the floor and all the floors start looking the same.
    I'm quite a fan of the invisible block-idee for paths, as you could also us the cv-system to connect blocks which are reachable by a direct line. Maybe there could also be a "wait and do something" block which will activate logic if a dave stands upon it (similar to the exiting area-block) BUT also takes an input which tells the dave that he can move on. So you could let them use a door or an airlock.

Maybe you can in any way expand that idea to also make it able to use it for elevators and stuff.

And as i read alterintel 's comment:
    I would agree that at first the show them on the hotspot or even only at the station would be ok for the start.

But later on i would love to see a feature for roaming crews.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    what is RNG?
    Random Number Generator, essentially the digital version of luck. I don't want luck to decide battles in a game that currently requires a lot of pilot skill and engineering expertise.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    why do we need way points for crew? this sounds like it would be a lot of work to only see crew walking around.

Just show them in their bed or in the mess hall when their off, and at their stations when they're on duty
    I too would like to see my crew walking about. It would give life to an otherwise rather lifeless universe. That said, I would be perfectly content to have functional crew in the game without them walking about as a first incarnation of the system. Have walking about come later. It is of course desirable to discus before hand just how such walking about could be done.

I agree that using the existing rails code could be a cute way of dealing with pathing (which is otherwise a very serious hurtle for programming). With regard to Goblin's concern about the look of them messing with the creativity, they could well be walk though and when not in build mode, invisible.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm not sure I like the rails idea. I just have this vision of crew woodenly walking single file down the halls of my ship.

I would like avoid this:
    (although the out takes at the end are fun)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I'd say have it so you set waypoints and your crew navigates there however they please via halls and such, maybe variation each time.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm not sure I like the rails idea. I just have this vision of crew woodenly walking single file down the halls of my ship.
    I think part of the idea, that maybe I didn't express well, was that if you had a hallway 20 blocks long and 3 blocks wide with deck-plate on all the floor tiles, Daves wouldn't que... A stopped Dave, an obstacle, or a broken floorplate would cause the others to path around the obstruction.

Reactions: Parameter

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So, for the deck plates: Seems to be a good idea but would suck up a part of the creativity as you have to place them on the floor and all the floors start looking the same.
    I'm quite a fan of the invisible block-idee for paths, as you could also us the cv-system to connect blocks which are reachable by a direct line.
    Also I thinks it deserves some mention that these paths should be tied to the Position that the crewman will fill, and not the crewman himself. Otherwise you would have to put in all new pathing each time he gets promoted or gets traded, or, heaven forbid, dies

Invisible blocks:
    RP block for living space = morale
    Pathing block for travel between spaces = no moral, just getting dave from console to bed and back again

(Depending on the experience level of the crew-member there should be a minimum number of RP blocks attached to maintain moral. IE a captain will have more RP space than a helmsman.)

So each bonus that a ship may get would have to be tied to a ship system/console that the crewman would be assigned to. That console would also have to have bed block connected to it. Then Invisible pathing blocks should be placed in between the bed block and the console block. RP blocks should be attached to the bed block to increase morale.

Different types of invisible pathing blocks:
    Off hours --> from bed block to mess hall / crew lounge
    On hours --> from bed block to standard console block
    Battle stations --> from bed block to battle station console block

a battle station console block is the exact same as a standard console block. Battle stations is just the designation of a standard console block that the crewman goes to during battle stations.

The difference between a standard console block and battle station console block:
    Standard hours= up to 3 persons per console: 1 on console, 1 sleeping, 1 in mess hall or lounge
    Battle stations= all 3 potentially at a console, not sure if 2 would be standing by, or helping with other consoles or maybe tripling crew bonus? need to figure out something to do with the extra hands during battle stations.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'd say have it so you set waypoints and your crew navigates there however they please via halls and such, maybe variation each time.
    I like this idea. Define the areas NPCs care about and let them navigate between them by themselves.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Wow. I like this, very much, I mean, giving NPC crew actual function? I'm all in.

HOW to do it, is the big question. Also, what exactly could the crew help with?
    Well. Maybe a lot. But how do you easily control them?
    Here's what I thought about.

First, I thought about 5 new blocks added.
    The first would be the Captain's Chair. Can be a fancy looking chair or a simple block, I'm sure players can build a nice looking chair around one. This would serve as a command interface for all positioned crew on the ship, and its interface would not just list all manned systems, but also allow the Captain to issue commands to the crewmembers (provided they have the necessary levels to unlock them) and the experience level of the assigned crew in the corresponding skill.
    The Captain's Chair would allow the same control as the ship core, however, no access to Build Mode - instead, pressing Spacebar would enter Commander mode, where the player can still use the free-floating viewpoint, activate shipboard logic and access the Advanced Commands interface by holding Control (just like Advanced Build Mode). In Command Mode, the player would still be able to access the ship's quickbar and fire weapons (only straight forward and dumbfiring missiles though), or activate systems (scanner, jammer, effects, inner ship remotes etc.)
    Crew-operated movement commands would be instantly cancelled if any of the thrust controls (WASD, Q, E, shift) are pressed, and give the player back full control. Jump commands would be instantly cancelled if the player attempted to manually charge a jump drive.

The Crew Interface blocks would allow crew to be assigned to positions. There would be the following 4 types:
    - Tactical: connect weapon systems to this block, assigned NPC bonuses and abilities apply to these systems
    - Navigation: allows access to thrust and jump drives(the latter needs to be connected)
    - Engineering: allows access to power, shields and defensive effect systems
    - Medical: allows access to medical supplies, assigned NPC also equips a healing beam as main weapon.

(Optional: Security - NPCs assigned to security will attack any hostiles that enter the ship's collision detection box)

Assignment: by issuing a move command and getting the selected NPC into the 1 block vicinity of the interface and removing them from active team, they would automatically align to ship and stand in front of the interface, giving a status message saying "npcname successfully assigned to interfacetype" and then they will show up on the Captain's Chair interface and add their bonus to the manned system. Only one crew can be assigned to every Crew Interface block.

Skills:
    NPC skills would have 5 levels, each level adding a bonus to whatever the NPC does, or unlocks a new Command accessible from the Captain's Chair. Bonus values listed are subject to balancing, and do not add up with previous ranks. NPCs can only gain 10 levels altogether, although in any combination. After that, they no longer gain experience. (So, you can max 2 skills, or max 1 and then get 3 levels in a second, and 2 in a third etc.)

(Optional: NPC skins vary, always displaying highest level skill. Soldier's uniform(blue and silver) for Tactical, Soldier's uniform(blue and black) for Navigation, Haz-Mat suit(yellow and white) for Engineering, medic's uniform (white-red) for Medical crew.)

Skills follow as:

- Tactical: gains experience when hitting hostile ships with weapons. Crew access and bonus only applies to weapon systems connected to this block. You can have multiple Tactical Crew Interface blocks, but you can only connect a weapon system to one at the same time.
    • Level 1: allows "Fire at will" and "Fire at target" commands from the Captain's Chair, will automatically fire all weapon systems connected to the Tactical Crew Interface block at nearest hostile in firing arc("Fire at will") or selected target ("Fire at target")
      1% reload time reduction, 1% energy cost reduction to all connected weapon systems, Easy level accuracy when firing weapons
      Missile lock takes 120% of normal time
    • Level 2: 2% reload time reduction, 2% energy cost reduction, increased firing arc, Medium level accuracy, missile lock takes as much as for the player.
    • Level 3: 3% reload time reduction and energy cost reduction, Hard level accuracy, missile lock takes 80% of normal time
    • Level 4: 4% reload time and energy cost reduction, Mean level accuracy, missile lock takes 50% of normal time
    • Level 5: 5% reload time and energy cost reduction, Marksman(1.5xMean) level accuracy, 5% damage bonus, can lock and launch missiles in free look mode. (just like a long time ago the player could)
    - Navigation: gains experience over time as the ship moves, fixed experience every time connected jump drive is activated - does not need to be in combat to gain experience. Only 1 Navigation Crew Interface can be placed per ship.
    • Level 1: Sublight navigation. Command "Fly to waypoint" available on Captain's Chair - ship will automatically fly to target coordinates in a straight path at maximum speed. 1% bonus to Thrust
    • Level 2: FTL navigation. Command "Jump to waypoint" available on Captain's Chair - will perform one jump in target coordinates' direction, cannot recharge jump drives on its own. 2% bonus to Thrust
    • Level 3: Advanced sublight navigation. 5% bonus to turning speed. 3% bonus to Thrust. "Follow target" command available on Captain's Chair: ship will automatically attempt to maintain 500 m(default sector size, scales up with sector size) distance from selected target and attempt to always face it (great to combo with "fire at target" with a manned Tactical position)
    • Level 4: Advanced FTL navigation. 5% bonus to jump drive recharge time, "Jump to waypoint" command will cause crewman to recharge jump drives and attempt a new jump until arrival to destination. 4% bonus to Thrust, 5% bonus to turning speed.
    • Level 5: 10% turning speed bonus, 10% jump drive recharge time bonus, 5% Thrust bonus, 5% Top Speed bonus
    - Engineering: gains experience over time as ship systems are used, double during combat. Multiple Engineering Crew Interfaces can be placed on a ship, but only the highest level crewmember's abilities and bonuses are applied.
    • Level 1: 1% bonus to power generation and capacity
    • Level 2: 2% bonus to power generation and capacity, 1% bonus to shield recharge and capacity, 5% bonus to defensive effect system efficiency
    • Level 3: 3% bonus to power generation and capacity, 1% bonus to shield recharge and efficiency, 5% bonus to effect system efficiency, 10% resistance vs jump drive inhibitors, "Combat Reboot" command available at Captain's Chair: reboots ship 50% faster.
    • Level 4: 4% bonus to power generation and capacity, 2% bonus to shield recharge and capacity, 10% bonus to effect system efficiency, 10% resistance vs jump drive inhibitors
    • Level 5: 5% bonus to power generation and capacity, 3% bonus to shield recharge and capacity, 10% bonus to effect system efficiency, 10% resistance vs jump drive inhibitors, "Override" command available at Captain's Chair: ignore system HP damage effects for 15 seconds
    - Medical: gains experience based on healing done.
    Medical crew will equip a healing beam as their primary weapon and attempt to approach and heal any injured players or NPCs aligned to the ship or station they are assigned to, and return to the vicinity of their crew interface after they are done. Multiple Medical Crew Interface blocks can be placed on a ship, allowing to have more than one NPC medic on board.
    • Level 1: heal 10 HP/s
    • Level 2: heal 20 HP/s
    • Level 3: heal 30 HP/sec, movement speed increased by 50%
    • Level 4: heal 40 HP/sec, movement speed increased by 50%
    • Level 5: heal 50 HP/sec, movement speed increased by 50%, "Revive" command available in Captain's Chair: respawn last died crewmember aligned to ship at the Medical Crew Interface
    Command skill: Since commanding is the player's task, this is rather a player skill instead of an NPC skill. The player gains Command experience every time an NPC assigned to the ship they control levels up any of their skills. A skilled Commander doesn't only motivate his crew to strive to become better, but also inspire them to endure more pain if needed.
    • Level 1: no bonuses
    • Level 2: 5% bonus experience to crew
    • Level 3: 10% bonus experience to crew, +30 crew HP
    • Level 4: 15% bonus crew experience, +30 crew HP
    • Level 5: 20% bonus crew experience, +60 crew HP
    Damn, I wrote a lot.

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Personally, how I'd like crew is that nearly every system in the game can be manned. Individual weapons, shields (capacity AND recharge), power, thrust, defensive effects, jump drives and jump inhibitors, scanners, etc. For every X of a module type for groupless modules/number of modules in a system (a cannon/cannon weapon would count as a single weapon instead of 2 separate weapons), you'd need a crew member to man it, or you'd start losing efficiency per block with that system. NPCs increase their abilities with a system the more it is used. If a system is used in combat, it gives significantly higher EXP (where-as certain things like weapons and shields give no EXP out of combat). A team of NPCs with, say, a high level of missile/beam experience might provide slightly lower energy costs, or faster travel speed, or slightly higher damage.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Wow. I like this, very much, I mean, giving NPC crew actual function? I'm all in.

HOW to do it, is the big question. Also, what exactly could the crew help with?
    Well. Maybe a lot. But how do you easily control them?
    Here's what I thought about.

First, I thought about 5 new blocks added.
    The first would be the Captain's Chair. Can be a fancy looking chair or a simple block, I'm sure players can build a nice looking chair around one. This would serve as a command interface for all positioned crew on the ship, and its interface would not just list all manned systems, but also allow the Captain to issue commands to the crewmembers (provided they have the necessary levels to unlock them) and the experience level of the assigned crew in the corresponding skill.
    The Captain's Chair would allow the same control as the ship core, however, no access to Build Mode - instead, pressing Spacebar would enter Commander mode, where the player can still use the free-floating viewpoint, activate shipboard logic and access the Advanced Commands interface by holding Control (just like Advanced Build Mode). In Command Mode, the player would still be able to access the ship's quickbar and fire weapons (only straight forward and dumbfiring missiles though), or activate systems (scanner, jammer, effects, inner ship remotes etc.)
    Crew-operated movement commands would be instantly cancelled if any of the thrust controls (WASD, Q, E, shift) are pressed, and give the player back full control. Jump commands would be instantly cancelled if the player attempted to manually charge a jump drive.

The Crew Interface blocks would allow crew to be assigned to positions. There would be the following 4 types:
    - Tactical: connect weapon systems to this block, assigned NPC bonuses and abilities apply to these systems
    - Navigation: allows access to thrust and jump drives(the latter needs to be connected)
    - Engineering: allows access to power, shields and defensive effect systems
    - Medical: allows access to medical supplies, assigned NPC also equips a healing beam as main weapon.

(Optional: Security - NPCs assigned to security will attack any hostiles that enter the ship's collision detection box)

Assignment: by issuing a move command and getting the selected NPC into the 1 block vicinity of the interface and removing them from active team, they would automatically align to ship and stand in front of the interface, giving a status message saying "npcname successfully assigned to interfacetype" and then they will show up on the Captain's Chair interface and add their bonus to the manned system. Only one crew can be assigned to every Crew Interface block.

Skills:
    NPC skills would have 5 levels, each level adding a bonus to whatever the NPC does, or unlocks a new Command accessible from the Captain's Chair. Bonus values listed are subject to balancing, and do not add up with previous ranks. NPCs can only gain 10 levels altogether, although in any combination. After that, they no longer gain experience. (So, you can max 2 skills, or max 1 and then get 3 levels in a second, and 2 in a third etc.)

(Optional: NPC skins vary, always displaying highest level skill. Soldier's uniform(blue and silver) for Tactical, Soldier's uniform(blue and black) for Navigation, Haz-Mat suit(yellow and white) for Engineering, medic's uniform (white-red) for Medical crew.)

Skills follow as:

- Tactical: gains experience when hitting hostile ships with weapons. Crew access and bonus only applies to weapon systems connected to this block. You can have multiple Tactical Crew Interface blocks, but you can only connect a weapon system to one at the same time.
    • Level 1: allows "Fire at will" and "Fire at target" commands from the Captain's Chair, will automatically fire all weapon systems connected to the Tactical Crew Interface block at nearest hostile in firing arc("Fire at will") or selected target ("Fire at target")
      1% reload time reduction, 1% energy cost reduction to all connected weapon systems, Easy level accuracy when firing weapons
      Missile lock takes 120% of normal time
    • Level 2: 2% reload time reduction, 2% energy cost reduction, increased firing arc, Medium level accuracy, missile lock takes as much as for the player.
    • Level 3: 3% reload time reduction and energy cost reduction, Hard level accuracy, missile lock takes 80% of normal time
    • Level 4: 4% reload time and energy cost reduction, Mean level accuracy, missile lock takes 50% of normal time
    • Level 5: 5% reload time and energy cost reduction, Marksman(1.5xMean) level accuracy, 5% damage bonus, can lock and launch missiles in free look mode. (just like a long time ago the player could)
    - Navigation: gains experience over time as the ship moves, fixed experience every time connected jump drive is activated - does not need to be in combat to gain experience. Only 1 Navigation Crew Interface can be placed per ship.
    • Level 1: Sublight navigation. Command "Fly to waypoint" available on Captain's Chair - ship will automatically fly to target coordinates in a straight path at maximum speed. 1% bonus to Thrust
    • Level 2: FTL navigation. Command "Jump to waypoint" available on Captain's Chair - will perform one jump in target coordinates' direction, cannot recharge jump drives on its own. 2% bonus to Thrust
    • Level 3: Advanced sublight navigation. 5% bonus to turning speed. 3% bonus to Thrust. "Follow target" command available on Captain's Chair: ship will automatically attempt to maintain 500 m(default sector size, scales up with sector size) distance from selected target and attempt to always face it (great to combo with "fire at target" with a manned Tactical position)
    • Level 4: Advanced FTL navigation. 5% bonus to jump drive recharge time, "Jump to waypoint" command will cause crewman to recharge jump drives and attempt a new jump until arrival to destination. 4% bonus to Thrust, 5% bonus to turning speed.
    • Level 5: 10% turning speed bonus, 10% jump drive recharge time bonus, 5% Thrust bonus, 5% Top Speed bonus
    - Engineering: gains experience over time as ship systems are used, double during combat. Multiple Engineering Crew Interfaces can be placed on a ship, but only the highest level crewmember's abilities and bonuses are applied.
    • Level 1: 1% bonus to power generation and capacity
    • Level 2: 2% bonus to power generation and capacity, 1% bonus to shield recharge and capacity, 5% bonus to defensive effect system efficiency
    • Level 3: 3% bonus to power generation and capacity, 1% bonus to shield recharge and efficiency, 5% bonus to effect system efficiency, 10% resistance vs jump drive inhibitors, "Combat Reboot" command available at Captain's Chair: reboots ship 50% faster.
    • Level 4: 4% bonus to power generation and capacity, 2% bonus to shield recharge and capacity, 10% bonus to effect system efficiency, 10% resistance vs jump drive inhibitors
    • Level 5: 5% bonus to power generation and capacity, 3% bonus to shield recharge and capacity, 10% bonus to effect system efficiency, 10% resistance vs jump drive inhibitors, "Override" command available at Captain's Chair: ignore system HP damage effects for 15 seconds
    - Medical: gains experience based on healing done.
    Medical crew will equip a healing beam as their primary weapon and attempt to approach and heal any injured players or NPCs aligned to the ship or station they are assigned to, and return to the vicinity of their crew interface after they are done. Multiple Medical Crew Interface blocks can be placed on a ship, allowing to have more than one NPC medic on board.
    • Level 1: heal 10 HP/s
    • Level 2: heal 20 HP/s
    • Level 3: heal 30 HP/sec, movement speed increased by 50%
    • Level 4: heal 40 HP/sec, movement speed increased by 50%
    • Level 5: heal 50 HP/sec, movement speed increased by 50%, "Revive" command available in Captain's Chair: respawn last died crewmember aligned to ship at the Medical Crew Interface
    Command skill: Since commanding is the player's task, this is rather a player skill instead of an NPC skill. The player gains Command experience every time an NPC assigned to the ship they control levels up any of their skills. A skilled Commander doesn't only motivate his crew to strive to become better, but also inspire them to endure more pain if needed.
    • Level 1: no bonuses
    • Level 2: 5% bonus experience to crew
    • Level 3: 10% bonus experience to crew, +30 crew HP
    • Level 4: 15% bonus crew experience, +30 crew HP
    • Level 5: 20% bonus crew experience, +60 crew HP
    Damn, I wrote a lot.
    I like everything :)
    But I do think that NPC's should have command skills. This would enable players to not just command a ship, but to command entire fleets. Every ship will need a good NPC Captain.

Oh,
    where would red shirts fit in?

Speaking of Skins and uniforms, It would be cool to design the uniforms for your crew with different ranks and stuff.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I like everything :)
    But I do think that NPC's should have command skills. This would enable players to not just command a ship, but to command entire fleets. Every ship will need a good NPC Captain.

Oh,

where would red shirts fit in?

Speaking of Skins and uniforms, It would be cool to design the uniforms for your crew with different ranks and stuff.
    No red shirts here! (If you get the reference, and had that achievement unlocked, then I salute you)
    Although, if the Security crew interface is added, then you can have your red shirts :p

EDIT: Also, commanding whole fleets? No thanks. One ship, one man. No one man armies (or rather, fleets) please. I'd rather have teamwork still play a role in this game.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    No red shirts here! (If you get the reference, and had that achievement unlocked, then I salute you)
    Although, if the Security crew interface is added, then you can have your red shirts :p

EDIT: Also, commanding whole fleets? No thanks. One ship, one man. No one man armies (or rather, fleets) please. I'd rather have teamwork still play a role in this game.

Sorry, had to do it :p