Creative Space (ship Dock)

Do you think this should be implemented?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Well, i am unsure if this is posted i was unsure how to search it... Sorry if this is a previous suggestion.

To begin i thought well i have a low end computer, it is difficult to play Locally, so why is it that when i want to just create a ship i have to make a whole universe. I would like a function when making a local game to create a Ship Dock! this dock would be a space station or Ship assembly area on a planet. its main function is to give ample room for small to large aircraft/spaceships and the ability to create them without a full scale environment, a few plain blocks some struts and computers and maybe a Shipyard setup to make it so i can load/create new ships/aircraft. This space could potentially enable more people to make theyr creations in Creative with a more versatile work space, with options such as Size (be it X/X Choice or premade sizes such as 180</>360, 500</>1000, etc.) if it were a x/x amount it could be generated using a simple GUI in the local menu and would be more useful and easily implemented using an enclosed "DOCK" design, to prevent having to size a planet or station to this Space, so its basically a box with an ascetic plexdoor/Hangar. Even if we were given the option to spawn an Empty Space (or Dead Space for a catchy term) itd be useful for people such as i who can play on amazing levels in a MP enviro but not a local.

If what ive suggested isn't very clear please feel free to message or post! i have many more ideas for this space and even a mock design for the "Dock" that can be generated in sections and sized with a "Modular" Design to keep from odd looking spaces when dealing with odd Numbers.

Thank you, Tyranus, T.E.C. (Technology. Exploration. Control.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I like it. It could be implemented as a separate game mode which is creative-only, no pirates, and gives you a sandboxed star system. (I chose system instead of sector so you can test jump drives there.) Additional options for enabling/disabling pirates, shops, other NPCs, planets/asteroids, etc, but the default is a void system with nothing at all.

Reaction score
    Well, i am unsure if this is posted i was unsure how to search it... Sorry if this is a previous suggestion.

To begin i thought well i have a low end computer, it is difficult to play Locally, so why is it that when i want to just create a ship i have to make a whole universe. I would like a function when making a local game to create a Ship Dock! this dock would be a space station or Ship assembly area on a planet. its main function is to give ample room for small to large aircraft/spaceships and the ability to create them without a full scale environment, a few plain blocks some struts and computers and maybe a Shipyard setup to make it so i can load/create new ships/aircraft. This space could potentially enable more people to make theyr creations in Creative with a more versatile work space, with options such as Size (be it X/X Choice or premade sizes such as 180</>360, 500</>1000, etc.) if it were a x/x amount it could be generated using a simple GUI in the local menu and would be more useful and easily implemented using an enclosed "DOCK" design, to prevent having to size a planet or station to this Space, so its basically a box with an ascetic plexdoor/Hangar. Even if we were given the option to spawn an Empty Space (or Dead Space for a catchy term) itd be useful for people such as i who can play on amazing levels in a MP enviro but not a local.

If what ive suggested isn't very clear please feel free to message or post! i have many more ideas for this space and even a mock design for the "Dock" that can be generated in sections and sized with a "Modular" Design to keep from odd looking spaces when dealing with odd Numbers.

Thank you, Tyranus, T.E.C. (Technology. Exploration. Control.)
    Im assuming it hard for you to generate a universe right? Like starting a game to begin with. Because if so all youd need is someone elses pre generated world file. Not too hard. Then just turn npc's and pirates off (should be an option in the config) and your computer shouldn't have a problem... but as always with computers. If it can't handle something time to upgrade, a pc is only good for about 5 years, around the same as a console unless you buy high end to future proof.
    [doublepost=1482244379,1482243723][/doublepost]Actually there may already be a way to do this

Bench Is there a way to Seed a VOID universe? No npcs, No Galaxys, No planets so on? I assume there'd be a way by just editing whateve file the seed info is in....... Though i obviously don't know how anything works. If theres a way for us to do it that'd be great, if not then if you could then just throw the world file on a download link thatd be awesome too.....

And if its not possible, then thats ok too. lol.
    [doublepost=1482245923][/doublepost]Went ahead and tried it myself

Void - Google Drive

Download that folder and put it in your Starmade/Server database folder and load the world called VOID from the launcher. Pirate spawns are turned off Npc factions have been deleted and you should spawn in the void between 2 galaxies.... Should work.

after that just use the admin give commands to give yourself enough blocks to make a quick ship yard.

Reaction score
    Im assuming it hard for you to generate a universe right? Like starting a game to begin with. Because if so all youd need is someone elses pre generated world file. Not too hard. Then just turn npc's and pirates off (should be an option in the config) and your computer shouldn't have a problem... but as always with computers. If it can't handle something time to upgrade, a pc is only good for about 5 years, around the same as a console unless you buy high end to future proof.
    [doublepost=1482244379,1482243723][/doublepost]Actually there may already be a way to do this

Bench Is there a way to Seed a VOID universe? No npcs, No Galaxys, No planets so on? I assume there'd be a way by just editing whateve file the seed info is in....... Though i obviously don't know how anything works. If theres a way for us to do it that'd be great, if not then if you could then just throw the world file on a download link thatd be awesome too.....

And if its not possible, then thats ok too. lol.
    [doublepost=1482245923][/doublepost]Went ahead and tried it myself

Void - Google Drive

Download that folder and put it in your Starmade/Server database folder and load the world called VOID from the launcher. Pirate spawns are turned off Npc factions have been deleted and you should spawn in the void between 2 galaxies.... Should work.

after that just use the admin give commands to give yourself enough blocks to make a quick ship yard.

Well the Idea wasn't just based around my specs. it was mainly a neat feature that could be potentially included in game to simplify construction, why load a universe when u need a dock? I appreciate the feedback and i may download your file to try out the space! (pun intended) Thank you for your feedback so far everyone!

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    WEll, you COULD change your local server to "battlemode" or "personal sectors" which would reduce the server size drasticly...also setting "simulation spawn" to zero, NPC FACTIONS Per GALAXY to zero, etc... will lower the load if you're playing starmad on your highschool graphing calculator.