Community involvement

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I see a lot of people arguing for realism, and a lot that argue for gameplay.
    For example, the 3D worlds.

While some see it as a necessity to the future of the game, others think it is irrelevant. Others still just want larger (circumference) disk shaped once like we have currently.

My point is, it would be nice to know what general direction do you want it to go Schema. Is more realistic your goal? Or are you trying to make everything as balanced as possible? Instead of the community always putting their opinions on it, why not add your own into discussion? Or just tell us your ideals for the long term?

Reaction score
    may i have a forum suggestion?

search, ik theres a terrible lot of posts so why not make alike a search bar right on top where you can choose the thread, and type the keyword, like Shop and see what people say about shop with the word shop in the title

Reaction score
    If you feel something is neccasary in order for you to continue properly or how you feel is proper then by all means it\'s right. As you said it is a decision, not an asking of permission and there\'s no need for that. Shema, this is your game, you draw inspiration and criticism from the source you feel is correct. What you have done with this game, as is now, is absolutey fantastic. There is no place to go but up from where you are. Your hard work and efforts ARE highly appreciated in my household as I can onloy speak for me and mine. You\'re doing a fine job, giving people an option and oppurtunity play your game for FREE I might add, while in it\'s beginning stages instead of teasing them and making them wait and rage and suck thier thumbs, and you put constant updates in weekly... It doesnt take a genius to know your a good dude and far from greedy. You are strictly allowing people to watch you create a work of art and not only that but help you paint it.

You do what you need to do or feel is the correct thing for you to do in order for you to feel comfortable continuing what it is you love to do.

Reaction score
    I love the game and you will make the best game ever I am be hind this game 1000%

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i think this game has some great potential. it\'s alreayd fun as fuck to play from a freebuild standpoint. with some polish, i feel like this could be the next big thing. <3

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I think, while the choice may be a temporary solution, it is a bad one in a long haul. Improving the forum so Reddit won\'t be necessary should be a priority, instead of seeking the alternative. Especially since it\'s where you\'ll have most of the community already, and some may not be overly fond of migration or having to use a couple of different places for \'involevement\'.

Really, add a few of necessary features, fix the what\'s not right with the forum currently (users are complaning about Features subsection being second Suggesitons since months, someone should take care of it already) and move that stuff there.

There\'s also one more flaw in the approach. You seem to want to go by \'popularity\' of a vote/post for the sake of deciding course of action. It may work, but there\'s often many little posts offering adjustments and alternatives which may be more obscure and so - less \'thumbed up\' but still full of informations that shouldn\'t be ignored. A case not unlike how it may go in the forum. That\'s the problem, often there is NO consensus, and that\'s important thing as well. Reddit, if it would give illusion of such where there\'s none, may make things actually worse.

Other than that, it\'s nice that you do seek ways to improve community\'s involvement and it\'s effect on the game. I hope there will be alternatives though, in case of more radical choices - so those who do not like the option will be able to do it their way (if possible without too much coding).

Don\'t worry about \'rioters\'. While they should report there are bugs and bugs should be the priority for you to deal with before new features (still waiting myself for the fix of exiting the ship and landing in the space, because of the ship being tilted and rotated at some angle, as well as general optimalization as the game got slower, not faster recently) I do understand that not only it\'s rather early development stage for the game, but it\'s common for every major addition to have it\'s glitches.

Anyway, thanks for your work, like always.

Reaction score
    I think he should also add to the \'upcoming features\' tab when we move into beta/official release, I\'m dying to know whats next.

Anyway, good luck and haters make you famous!

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I agree with what you said. That\'s why those threads will only be made for certain things.

They will be for very specific topics like balancing the variables and tweaking the shield formula. They won\'t be a free for all voting fest on what to do with the game.

Reaction score
    I think a lot of Cleaning up could be done by adding some sticky threads

All planet Ideas and why they are/aren´t good would be neat also planed features and definitively a topic about max speed

It would get rid of like 30% of suggestions Even though a lot people would be bragging about their unorginal Ideas (to justify my planet post no one suggested it as I did)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I have yet to see any significant improvement on using Reddit instead of, for example, Google Moderator system, link to which is provided in Suggestions forum section, started by TheimperialDonut. In my opinion, this is the only way to go about community involvement in the process, yet it doesn\'t seems that it is widely recognized by the community. It reasonably arranged system to suggest a feature, vote on it, have a comment and elaborate the popularity. For once I don\'t see how reddit is anywhere more feasible tool even compared to the forums we have now!

What is your point, Schema?

Reaction score
    Maybe you\'d have to spend a day or two on it, but I\'m pretty sure the results would be satisfying for the long run as well then.

Here are quite a few things already:

-Merge current Features and Suggestions forums. Change the name of the \"Playdates\" forum into \"Events\" maybe, and remove the weekly challenge section since it hasn\'t been used in a long time.

-Fix the last-post area becoming white when browsing a specific forum, that\'s as easy as changing 1 integer.

-Remove the subject line for replies, it\'s entirely redundant and annoying.

-Make the Ships section more useful: Force people to upload at least 1 screenshot and some general info about stats, and that screenshot will show on the front page in the Ships tab (while browsing ships), maybe some of the stats too such as mass.

-Make users able to turn off annoying chatrooms popping up while they are writing a post (I know I can disable java, but I\'d rather not.)

-Fix some of the not-up-to-date information, such as in the Testers tab.

-Add ALL stuff to the Download tab, not only the launchers, but also that Super-Admin thing you released a while ago.

-Not sure if possible, but make the post editor a little bit more elaborate, allow centering, fonts, font size, font colors maybe, stuff that any normal forum has enabled.

-Fix the fact that everybody can bump his post infinitely by simply editing it and changing nothing. Instead, only make it bump on replies.

I\'m pretty sure there\'s more, but these are the ones that have been bugging people most I think.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    -Seems reasonable.Leave the challenges section though.

-Agreed

-Even more so. If you can't remove it, make it default to "RE: 'Topic Name' " instead of the first few characters of the post, that\'s what all other forums do.

-I don't spend much time there, but it seems reasonable as well.

-Is it out of date? Well, I've practically never been there either, I'll take your word for it.

-Superadmin thing?

-I\'m not desperate for it, but it seems useful.

-Hmm.... While the current system does solve the otherwise common issue that one can't submit new information and make the topic dating reflect on this without double-posting, I suppose you're right.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I honestly dont mind a different look for the subject line either, as long as it\'s split up properly from the main reply, which requires some styling work.

The superadmin thing is a tool schema released with a few versions ago, that makes it possible for server owners to use a console to issue commands without being logged in on any account, it\'s quite useful for automated scripts and thus deserves to be on the download page under a \"server\" headline or something.