Suggestion Community Content - Updates

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I was updating an old ship (post resource update) and thought, are we recognizing people for keeping ship designs current? We give a badge for posting new content but when looking through all the forgotten relics in the community content I figured there is NO incentive to update older designs (even good ones).

So give it a think, a badge or have an update count as an addition submission. Something to encourage people to refine and improve a limited number of designs rather than just adding new ones that'll become obsolete the next major change (like rails, fleets, block additions and the like).

Reactions: alterintel

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    That's the job of the original builder.
    otherwise there have been some people that have updated old ships, like the Heldtech ships.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I was updating an old ship (post resource update) and thought, are we recognizing people for keeping ship designs current? We give a badge for posting new content but when looking through all the forgotten relics in the community content I figured there is NO incentive to update older designs (even good ones).

So give it a think, a badge or have an update count as an addition submission. Something to encourage people to refine and improve a limited number of designs rather than just adding new ones that'll become obsolete the next major change (like rails, fleets, block additions and the like).
    I think this is a very good idea.

I also think the badge system as a whole needs some more attention as well.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That's the job of the original builder.
    otherwise there have been some people that have updated old ships, like the Heldtech ships.
    I was referring to original builders. We might lose some players over time and thus orphan designs (unavoidable) those could be updated by another player but are 'new content'.