CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    These final processors are fairly more exspensive to make compared to the basic imbued circuits, particularly when compared to a simple plexlight (in regards to using them for lighting)
    But they look so cool! D:

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    So, I was playing a bit with that new crafting system. Buggy and a bit hard to fully understand, but hey - it is 1st relase, right?
    Anyway, after setting up small factory (fix linking ;) ) and looking into recipes, I've noticed...
    ...that recipes use metal meshes/grills. I don't know is it just me, but I remember those were under decorative blocks. What I'm coming to is, can we still place them on stations? Or does it count as "valuable block being placed on stations"?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    So, I was playing a bit with that new crafting system. Buggy and a bit hard to fully understand, but hey - it is 1st relase, right?
    Anyway, after setting up small factory (fix linking ;) ) and looking into recipes, I've noticed...
    ...that recipes use metal meshes/grills. I don't know is it just me, but I remember those were under decorative blocks. What I'm coming to is, can we still place them on stations? Or does it count as "valuable block being placed on stations"?
    I guess it would depend on their price if they are 'valuable', and metal grills seem pretty cheap - so yeah.

Reaction score
    Water's pretty rare... but it's like 2 credits in a shop or something...
    For starters, I have made water not that rare, youll find that you can melt some ice in the factory and attain water (or you can compress it for ice crystal) I hope this helps in your decorative endeavors!

As for the grills and meshes, they are generic types, being craftable from any of the minerals (as are the basic crystal circuits) This means you can place them around your station without too much concern. For an analogy, it would be akin to building your house out of wood planks in a certain fantasy based voxel game... ;)

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    For starters, I have made water not that rare, youll find that you can melt some ice in the factory and attain water (or you can compress it for ice crystal) I hope this helps in your decorative endeavors!

As for the grills and meshes, they are generic types, being craftable from any of the minerals (as are the basic crystal circuits) This means you can place them around your station without too much concern. For an analogy, it would be akin to building your house out of wood planks in a certain fantasy based voxel game... ;)
    OK, for further clarification...
    I get that we were not supposed to use the old ores for the obvious reason that they were being phased out. I get that we should not use vast amounts of rare and expensive crystals because we want people to mine asteroids, not stations.

What about carved stones and capsules? Are they fair game? The new stones are pretty, and the crystal capsules make wonderful understated lighting. Neither seem terribly expensive, and I hope they aren't for the chop.
    starmade-screenshot-0048.png starmade-screenshot-0049.png starmade-screenshot-0050.png

Thanks!

Reaction score
    OK, for further clarification...
    I get that we were not supposed to use the old ores for the obvious reason that they were being phased out. I get that we should not use vast amounts of rare and expensive crystals because we want people to mine asteroids, not stations.

What about carved stones and capsules? Are they fair game? The new stones are pretty, and the crystal capsules make wonderful understated lighting. Neither seem terribly expensive, and I hope they aren't for the chop.
    View attachment 3155 View attachment 3156 View attachment 3157

Thanks!
    A Crystal block is worth 100 capsules, mesh and the basic crystal circuit require 10 capsules each, no blocks are forbidden, but dont make city's of gold (or crystal) either please. You get 10 capsules per 1 raw ore/shard, so using capsules as a light source (like what you showed) should be fine.
    The Carved stone isnt a rare resource at all, it costs the same number of capsules as you get from an uncut stone (missed that recipe in the release, it will be in the next patch) the trick with carved stone is we plan to add some customization to them, feel free to use them, but you may later on have to go and replace one type of carving with another.

Reactions: AnnaShade017

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    A Crystal block is worth 100 capsules, mesh and the basic crystal circuit require 10 capsules each, no blocks are forbidden, but dont make city's of gold (or crystal) either please. You get 10 capsules per 1 raw ore/shard, so using capsules as a light source (like what you showed) should be fine.
    The Carved stone isnt a rare resource at all, it costs the same number of capsules as you get from an uncut stone (missed that recipe in the release, it will be in the next patch) the trick with carved stone is we plan to add some customization to them, feel free to use them, but you may later on have to go and replace one type of carving with another.
    just for clarification. Ice Crystal blocks are NOT crafting significant blocks (ores and crafting crystal). Right?

Reaction score
    just for clarification. Ice Crystal blocks are NOT crafting significant blocks (ores and crafting crystal). Right?
    Ice crystal block and its wedge(mysteriously missing from the shop?) are very cheap now but those other color pretty glowy crystals are expensive.

xtra: I swear it looked smaller in build mode...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Can anyone please confirm my, ehh, well, lets just call it a hunch, that when you add more stations to the default lists, they will be loaded in the game too?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm quite glad to hear that the deadline has been extended, as I ran into a few little problems with My station.
    1: Evidently, I've stumbled upon the secrets of Gallifreyan trans-dimensional architecture, as the main hull for My station is way the hell bigger on the inside then I thought it would be. To compensate, I thought I'd just put extra details into it's deck work. This lead to problem number two...
    2: As it turns out, I can blow weeks building ships, sculpting their hulls, optimizing their systems, Etc. But if I have to spend more then a few hours doing internal detail work like rooms n' stuff? My brain shuts down.
    Most of the time I was supposed to be spending on C and D deck today, was instead spent doing....... This:

Well, clock's a tickin'. Better get back to it..... Or sit on Youtube for a few hours drinking and watching those psychotic SFM animations.

Reaction score
    2: As it turns out, I can blow weeks building ships, sculpting their hulls, optimizing their systems, Etc. But if I have to spend more then a few hours doing internal detail work like rooms n' stuff? My brain shuts down.
    Same, just scaled from few hours to 5 minutes...:oops:

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This station is eating my soul.... I put in everything I'd planned several versions back. Now I'm working on crew quarters, hydroponics, and decorative tiling on the walkways in the public areas of the station. It's possible I just need to save and call it "done".

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm almost finished my station it doesn't have a lot of decoration. how do you save the station

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Maybe we should enable dynamic prices based on ingredients for blocks to see what we are allowed to use en mass.
    But shops do not list all items any-more...

BTW: The new lightening system is stupid - blocks on a wall (or in floor/ceiling) do not distribute light evenly to surrounding blocks.
    Not that they even should throw light in a >90° direction.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Dynamic prices aren't complete yet. You are very right about lighting though, it is rubbish.
    If you want a hard survival "mode" you can set personal credits to zero, shop credits to zero and shop refill to zero. You won't be able to use shops anymore. The only problem with that is that you can't build you own space station anymore, so you will have to build on top of an existing station. And don't salvage stations or cities, it ruins your experience. Oh, by the way, cities aren't rare, I just found two on one planet. They should deffinetely fix that + the map issue with planets, in which it displays the plates as seperate planets, resulting in a weird cluster of "planets".

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm almost finished my station it doesn't have a lot of decoration. how do you save the station
    /force_save
    /export_sector X Y Z SectorName

The export file "SectorName.smcec" will be created in your StarMade/sector-export folder. It exports the whole sector so be sure to clear out any personal ships or structures that you don't want to be part of the export.

See http://starmadedock.net/threads/admin-commands.1283/ for all admin commands including "import_sector" to re-import your (or other's) stations/sectors.

Last edited:

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Dynamic prices aren't complete yet. You are very right about lighting though, it is rubbish.
    If you want a hard survival "mode" you can set personal credits to zero, shop credits to zero and shop refill to zero. You won't be able to use shops anymore. The only problem with that is that you can't build you own space station anymore, so you will have to build on top of an existing station. And don't salvage stations or cities, it ruins your experience. Oh, by the way, cities aren't rare, I just found two on one planet. They should deffinetely fix that + the map issue with planets, in which it displays the plates as seperate planets, resulting in a weird cluster of "planets".
    - Just because you got lucky, that doesn't mean cities aren't rare. I've been playing this game for a year and never saw one myself. Only in videos.
    - Do enable shops, but have all prices in blocks. Same for catalog.
    - Also, it doesn't display each plate as separate planets, it's the planet segments and you can turn those off in filters. You'll still be able to see the planet cores.
    - Yes, do salvage stations, or make them your own. Show me a single person who didn't take the bookshelves from an NPC village in Minecraft... :p
    - How is all this related to the contest this topic is originally about? o_O

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    /force_save
    /export_sector X Y Z SectorName

The export file "SectorName.smcec" will be created in your StarMade/sector-export folder. It exports the whole sector so be sure to clear out any personal ships or structures that you don't want to be part of the export.

See http://starmadedock.net/threads/admin-commands.1283/ for all admin commands including "import_sector" to re-import your (or other's) stations/sectors.
    Or, hop in to build block on the station that you are working on, and then type:
    /save (insert your name here)
    It should create a blueprint of that station in your blueprint folder (just like ships). To load, type in game:
    /load (blueprint name) (name you want to give that station)

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Or, hop in to build block on the station that you are working on, and then type:
    /save (insert your name here)
    It should create a blueprint of that station in your blueprint folder (just like ships). To load, type in game:
    /load (blueprint name) (name you want to give that station)
    But be warned docked entitys are not saved correctly or are not imported at the moment!

Status
    Not open for further replies.