CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    yeaaaah,wtf?!?!? that looks exactly like one that dalmont made!!
    why?? i dont even.... some people
    yeap,thats the one.
    and i agree,why...

EDIT* and holy cow! this thread is now sitting on 14k views ..and counting,in just 3 days :)
    can we reach 100k :p

Last edited:
    Reactions: Dalmont
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Wtfasaurous
    Fear not! I think that by some fiddling with SMEdit and file names you should be allright.
    http://smedit2.lazygamerz.org/forum/index.php?topic=43.0 -- A guide on how to convert (imported) ships to stations.
    Using the technique in the link, but using your ENTITY_SHIP_Namehere_Sector(0.0.0) instead of ENTITY_SPACESTATION... .smd2 .
    Maybe directly change E.._SHIP_... to E_SPACESTATION_... ?
    You'll figure, just make sure you backup your stuff first!

Note that SMEdit wont load new ships (until updated... :/) , so you might be out of luck, but best wishes!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    Can't get it to work for whatever reason. :( Thanks for the help though guys. I'll try again some more tomorrow.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Can't get it to work for whatever reason. :( Thanks for the help though guys. I'll try again some more tomorrow.
    It definitely works if you carefully follow the instructions on the link in Magirik's post. Just tested it.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Would a prison station be ok as a neutral station? Either up and running or abandoned (jailbreak?). And it wouldn't be a boring station either. I'd just love to see randomly generated creatures in the cells.

That and a big medical facility (also as neutral). Do they absolutely have to look abandoned? I guess that I could simulate an outbreak.

Edit: Simulating a Jailbreak/virus-outbreak would actually look much better :D

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I agree with the whole medical/prison station idea as a neutral station... It adds some imagination as to what exactly caused the pirate faction to exist in the first place... a prison break or a virus outbreak and the pirates turning into symbiotic hosts making the Traiding guild the only ones able to cover up the situation.

Reaction score
    Stupid question, even though terrain blocks are not available at the trade station (the last I checked in any case)... Can they be used? (I.E. dirt blocks from green "terran" planets)

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Wtfasaurous
    Fear...might be out of luck, but best wishes!
    AFAIK, Bobby is in a holding pattern with SMedit while the devs are mass-producing new blocks. You can drop by the lazygamerz vent or post on our forums to touch base with him about it. It would probably be easier to submit it as a "station" in name and get the devs to swap out the ship core for a faction module manually: they have all the info about save file architecture we do not, and all that jazz.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    go for it, but we're working on adding some cool new terrain, so hopefully youll have better stuff to work with soon
    You just ruined my entire evening. Y U DO DIS? Can we not add brand new blocks in the middle of an extended speed-build session??

Reactions: Ithirahad

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Worked on my pirate station some today. Suddenly I get the feeling I will hardly have enough time to finish this one, let alone a second station. Besides that, I've got some really awesome ideas for the hanger area. I'm thinking...suspended platforms... :D

Did lots of work on this bit today.

Also lots done to the hanger entrance.

The station will be Isanth friendly. Or unfriendly. Who knows, they're pirates.

The hardest part will actually be incorporating the red. I tried doing very little so far. I don't want to cover it in red stripes like the trade station does in blue. I feel like pirates want to keep it simple. Now imagine all that scary black framework surrounding more of this thing and I think it will look pretty menacing!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Going to be finishing my Traiding Guild station soon, and sorry if I didn't post any new pics, I was having trouble testing my station turrets, as they seem to have encountered a host of problems. I'll send in a log and a thread after I finish up the station and save a few things, then I am wiping my install.

Reaction score
    Worked on my pirate station some today. Suddenly I get the feeling I will hardly have enough time to finish this one, let alone a second station. Besides that, I've got some really awesome ideas for the hanger area. I'm thinking...suspended platforms... :D

Also lots done to the hanger entrance.

The station will be Isanth friendly. Or unfriendly. Who knows, they're pirates.

The hardest part will actually be incorporating the red. I tried doing very little so far. I don't want to cover it in red stripes like the trade station does in blue. I feel like pirates want to keep it simple. Now imagine all that scary black framework surrounding more of this thing and I think it will look pretty menacing!
    I'm getting a really minmatar-y feel from that. Really nice work. :D
    On another note,

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen

The underside looks like a rave is going to be held there.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    I have this old station i built arround a shop, but it's made entirely out of terrain blocks as it is suppost to be alien. I'm wondering if it's possible to submit it for the abandoned station category, and if i can should the 2 "coccoons" have interior as they are currently hollow.
    Here are some pics of it: http://imgur.com/a/oEdkZ
    Build some sort of interior where the original station was and maybe some airlock and an docking platform on one side and it is good to go!
    Maybe as an abandoned alien listening post or something like that!

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Um, some of these seem a bit big... They might cause some annoying FPS drops on lower-end computers. The last thing we want is for people to start avoiding stations in the same way that most people seem to avoid planets.

...Also, ArgoContar ... I really, really, really like that thing. Give it an interior and a hangar bay and it will be the awesomest station ever built...

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Um, some of these seem a bit big... They might cause some annoying FPS drops on lower-end computers. The last thing we want is for people to start avoiding stations in the same way that most people seem to avoid planets.
    ... Or for stations to be moneybombs just because of sheer size. Hardened hull or not would not make a difference if it's 200k blocks or larger anyways ...

Status
    Not open for further replies.