Status
    Not open for further replies.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You all stole the idea from that picture? From the dreams of others in a way jet unexplored by scientists? :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Are easter-eggs allowed on stations? Nothing fancy, but maybe something like a 2-4-switch easter egg?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    yay, let's make an Easter-Egg-Contest :D

Are they explicitly forbidden?

I think you should read the rules again carefully with personal or themed in mind and ask whether devs like Easter-Eggs

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'd like to point out that since Trade Stations will be the most prolific (shops and the like, right?), they should probably be on the medium - small side. Making them massive would just destroy older PCs and frustrate some new players.

Just my opinion, take it or leave it :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So why exactly did you feel the need to copy my station?

To quote the first post: "Do not copy other builds. Builds that are too similar to other submissions will be disqualified."

Not cool.
    no i'm pretty sure I realised my station before yours so if you release anything like mine you're copying me

Reaction score
    no i'm pretty sure I realised my station before yours so if you release anything like mine you're copying me
    Yeah, in the sense of "releasing it to the public in Community Content", you seem to be the first. I don't think it works that way. Your post, showing it to the world, came almost 29 hours after his.
    Dalmont: #200
    Phoenix7991: #259

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    yeah sure...
    Dalmont: Contest entry "Saturday at 5:43 AM"
    Phoenix7991: "Sunday at 12:48 PM" (Content) and "Sunday at 10:27 AM" (Contest Entry)

So who submitted it earlier?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I am with comrade on this. Its a very popular station design. Deal with it. Also if we look at the time stamps, phoenix submitted his a bit more than a day later, which means either he went crazy on his station or he was working on it beforehand (because, lets be honest. nobody is going to make a station like that in a day).

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Is glass considered to be a precious material? Cause most of my prison station is most likely going to be glass...

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    What is this? Considering the scale of dalmonts station, it could be easily recreated in a day or so. Especially so if there's some reference material to look at. We also don't know how long dalmont worked on it beforehand. As to whether it is an "original" design, it doesn't matter. I haven't seen that starbase picture in my life. The only thing that looks similar are some starbases from star trek. That's once source out of all the sci-fi I have seen. Just because you have seen it before, or built something similar doesn't mean its not original. The dome and paneling on the bottom don't even look like the one in the picture. The only similarity is the general shape.

As for phoenix, it still looks like a quick rebuild of dalmonts design. Dalmont posted his current build on this thread, and later phoenix posted their station for download. All of the key features are there. ALL of them, Panels on the bottom, the hanger design, the ring and the dome. The odds of two people coming up with that design in so short a time... How can we even question that?

If someone came to this thread and posted a brown octangular station with lots of support beams and glass entryway, I would be pretty pissed. That would be, at that point, unoriginal, because I already posted my build to this thread. Dalmont has every right to be mad.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    Dalmont has every right to be mad.
    While I do concur and appreciate your insight; I'm not mad, I find it both sad and hilarious.

For the record, I have an screenshot of the original early WIP design that I uploaded to IMGUR on the 11th. Its not impossible he found the screenshot here. Here is a screenshot of the stat tracker:

I am with comrade on this. Its a very popular station design. Deal with it. Also if we look at the time stamps, phoenix submitted his a bit more than a day later, which means either he went crazy on his station or he was working on it beforehand (because, lets be honest. nobody is going to make a station like that in a day).
    Also, it can be done in a night, even less time if you're in the groove. In fact, it took me only about 5 hours to get all the major features in place for this screenshot (all on the 11th). So its not the least bit improbable that this was produced after my screenshots were released. I also demo'd the station during the charity livestream so it wasn't exactly a secret project. I had also shared WIP screenshots with friends after its initial debut on the 11th.

Long story short, please don't claim other's work as your own. Its not cool and gives the community a black eye.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    wow,such a bold liar.. Pheonix7791 you are amazing hahahahahah,this is quite amusing :) ,lynch him !!!!! (sorry,too much "town of salem" :P )

Reactions: Criss
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    wow,such a bold liar.. Pheonix7791 you are amazing hahahahahah,this is quite amusing :) ,lynch him !!!!! (sorry,too much "town of salem" :p )

The station i'm posting is a copy off a server that I played on in other words he is copying my station from the server before it was reset

so yea I didn't copy him

END OF STORY

Status
    Not open for further replies.