Clef's Proposal (GCBS-Archangel)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It took me a good while to convince myself to make this thread. There are a few reasons why. First, I wasn't quite finished, and part of me wanted to keep this to myself until completion. I've since reached the conclusion that feedback from the community will help me finish this quicker and to the likings of more people. Second, I understand the weight reputation carries. I am aware of my own reputation as a relatively novice player, and I am aware of the reputation this ship carries. I hope this is well-received by the community.

But anyways, enough of me waxing philosophical about reputation. My work on this ship began shortly after the COVID pandemic begin. I initially intended it to be a bit of a side project, but it has turned into so much more than that. As I mentioned above, I haven't finished everything that I intend to do, but a majority of the work has been finished.

With all that said, here is my progress on one of the most recognizable ships in StarMade: CW390's GCBS-Archangel.

starmade-screenshot-0066.png
    Old Archangel (left) facing off against the new Archangel (right)
    starmade-screenshot-0067.png
    Weapons testing the bow turrets.
    starmade-screenshot-0070.png
    starmade-screenshot-0071.png starmade-screenshot-0072.png starmade-screenshot-0073.png
    Seeker missile arrays. These are timed to fire at 1-second intervals through an Inner Ship Remote.

EDIT: Forgot to include this initially, but here's a bit of rail work I've been doing at the rear hangar (this took like 3 hours to get properly synchronized).

My work hasn't been limited to the main ship, I also worked on Archangel's support craft.

starmade-screenshot-0075.png
    I decided to turn this piece into an escape pod. Below shows a basic medbay modelled after the larger medbay on Archangel.
    starmade-screenshot-0076.png

I am doing additional rail work on the ship and will likely be reworking the systems again, so I do not want to post stats that are bound to change in the near future. If anyone wants the current blueprint from the ship, I can attach it to the thread.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Me getting bored while figuring out some interior work. Decided to go to a planet and mess around for a bit.

Reaction score
    Just simply wowzers.
    Shows that this ship can go toe to toe with some pretty big ships, and look cool while at it too. Navigable interiors are one big consideration (I'd know since I worked on some of it too)

Reaction score
    Hey Forsyth, I know you may be busy but I kinda overestimated my computer when testing Archangel vs the other capital battleship I mentioned above. I wannna know if you have the time to test a battle between Archangel and the battleship, and even take pictures. I'm very curious about it. Thanks!

P.S. The capital battleship's main structure doesnt have ai, just its turrets so you might want to add ai to that ship as well

Reaction score
    Hey Forsyth, I know you may be busy but I kinda overestimated my computer when testing Archangel vs the other capital battleship I mentioned above. I wannna know if you have the time to test a battle between Archangel and the battleship, and even take pictures. I'm very curious about it. Thanks!

P.S. The capital battleship's main structure doesnt have ai, just its turrets so you might want to add ai to that ship as well
    I can do that.

Reaction score
    There are a lot of entities on Archangel, so it definitely can be taxing on a computer (especially with another capital ship in the mix)

Reactions: teslageek