Chilupa Shipyards

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hello everyone, first time shipyard post (I think, been a while since I last played).

DISCLAIMER: I am not good at building (like, the best I can make is rectangles, you'll see) and am not the best at making ships because I am a casual. I am, however, at least halfway decent at designing and implementing weapon systems. My usual (single player only) strategy is to download cool ships and change some systems around to better suit my play style.

Alrighty, now to the actual ship. It is currently unnamed, and also wip because I can't find a good name for it, and don't know what to do with the back of the ship.

It was built with stealth in mind, and kinda resembles a submarine due to how long it is. The reasoning behind length was that power reactor modules are more efficient in a line, and enough power is generated to permanently cloak and radar jam. It has minimal shields, only if needed when cloak goes down due to firing the missiles. However, you should ideally be behind the opponent when firing the missiles, so they can't hit you. Probably best paired with other, heavier ships so they can take down shields and then this can get behind the enemy and take out things like thrusters, armour, or turrets.

PICTURES:

Side View

Front Angled View

Top Angled View

Other View

STATS:

Length: 127m
    Width : 13m
    Height: 12m
    Power Cap: 982686e
    Power Regen: 809860e/sec
    Max Speed: 153m/s
    Sheild Max: 17990
    Shield Regen: 330
    Armor HP: 155050
    Systems HP: 370500

Weapons Info:

18x missile+100% Damage pulse +100% Ion effect for 5400 damage each (97200 total). Good for getting rid of shields that may be left on target

2x missile+61.7% Damage pulse for 93140 damage each (186280 total). Radius of 34 blocks, so has potential to do some good damage to systems.

Final notes:
    yeah, that concludes this. Any questions/comments/concerns are very welcome. I put in the .sment if anyone wants it, and please give feedback. Also, any suggestions on what to do with the back of the ship would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking,
    Hope you like it,
    ChilupaMan

Attachments

Reactions: Lord_Greyscale
    Reaction score
    Well there's not much to say to be honest ! As you said yourself, it's a pretty basic shape and design. And i'm not experienced enough to comment the weapons efficiency :D

But yeah, keep it up ! :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Well there's not much to say to be honest ! As you said yourself, it's a pretty basic shape and design. And i'm not experienced enough to comment the weapons efficiency :D

But yeah, keep it up ! :)
    Thanks!

Reaction score
    ChilupaMan said:
    My usual (single player only) strategy is to download cool ships and change some systems around to better suit my play style.
    Haha! That's how I got started too. :D
    You can use the same rough idea to "learn" how to shape things, by finding even older ships from before the hepta/tetra update, and applying said heptas and tetras.

Going for "replica" builds helps even more on that front, as it's a bigger canvas, but much more limited than doing free-form creations.
    (see all the Star Trek, Star Wars, Mass Effect, and other movie ship-replicas and "inspired by" going around. Most of them were done without importing a 3d-model.)

Although, it helps a great deal to be/have been an "artsy" kid. :p
    (I really liked playing with clay when I was younger, was fortunate that I could just dig it up out of my back yard)

I look forward to seeing what else you do. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Haha! That's how I got started too. :D
    You can use the same rough idea to "learn" how to shape things, by finding even older ships from before the hepta/tetra update, and applying said heptas and tetras.

Going for "replica" builds helps even more on that front, as it's a bigger canvas, but much more limited than doing free-form creations.
    (see all the Star Trek, Star Wars, Mass Effect, and other movie ship-replicas and "inspired by" going around. Most of them were done without importing a 3d-model.)

Although, it helps a great deal to be/have been an "artsy" kid. :p
    (I really liked playing with clay when I was younger, was fortunate that I could just dig it up out of my back yard)

I look forward to seeing what else you do. :)
    Thanks for the tips! Appreciate it!

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It reminds me of the "Cygnus" from the movie "The Black Hole".

And it does indeed remind me of a submarine I am currently, slowly building in Starmade.

Good stuff.