Read by Council Carrier AI

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Today I built my first carrier, and set out to battle a pirate station. I'm not sure how the fighters are doing, but the carrier thinks it's a battleship. Despite the fact that I'm in it, it insists on going after all the little fighters with its big weapons that were supposed to be for destroying the station. So my cursor is playing tug-of-war with the AI, me trying to get it to aim at the station and the AI trying to aim at the little tiny ships that are out of range and that it has no chance of hitting. I'm extremely frustrated by the prospect that I may just have to scrap this whole ship and dispense with the idea of drones until this is fixed, but I need to be able to control my flagship. I thought of removing the carrier from the fleet and being able to control it that way, but then I won't be able to recall the fighters.

So my suggestion is: if there is a player in the ship, disable the AI. Especially, at least, for flagships. My drones are in pieces because I had to turn the entire fleet off in order to destroy the station. Please please please fix this.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don't know much about carriers, but if I understood you correctly, you want to make carriers controllable by AI? what would it then do?
    Also, after which tiny ships did the carrier go? Your drones or enemy ships?
    Ketick, professional on the carrier concept, will probably be here soon (1 hour-20 hours)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Can confirm that this is a known bug and not intended behavior.

Luckily there's a fix: Place an AI block on the carrier and turn the AI off either via the AI tab or by accessing the AI block itself. That should give you full controll of your ship. Just repeat the process if the AI overrides control again (only happens when the game is restarted I think).

Edit: Just to make it clear you absolutely need a bobby AI block on the ship. Simply turning off the AI via the menu without having an AI block on the ship doesn't turn off the fleet AI.