Calderon Republic -open-PVP-building-diplomacy-mining-

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    When you ban a member, who is autistic, because others talked about it. You did not tell me what you did, or anyone else, you banned him and didn't even tell Joe why, and lied to him when he tried to join the TS.
    DSgraves revoked your admin powers, not me. Power was not stolen it was given. Abusing your power, not accepting ownership of your actions, made many members revoke the power and respect that they have given you. You did it to yourself, as we have talked about it again and again. no matter how you try and twist it. A private ass chewing would not have brought the result that I wanted. you would took it as a buddy buddy, and not as a life lesson. Don't treat people as you did, and don't forsake one member, because he is autistic.... ban him because you don't want to annoy others... because you don't want other members to leave. Every member will be treated with respect, and no member will be above another. He broke no rules for you to ban him the way that you did.
    you did it to yourself, you could not handle it, so you left..

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    TwoNiner Read that ^^^

Leanson's right you know, we didn't hate you or a anything, you just left cause you couldn't cope with a single mistake you made. Next time just swallow up your internetz ego and say sorry, it'll be way fucking smoother trust me.

Oh, and I signed up in the CR for combat. Seeing as there's none of that atm I'm just doing my own little thing (just like every other active member atm).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    When you ban a member, who is autistic, because others talked about it. You did not tell me what you did.
    I had decided to lie to him to avoid hurting his feelings, I was inclined to allow him to remain in the faction as long as he did not irritate the other members. I was not obliged to inform you of any of my actions before carrying them out because first off, I am a leader of a faction, and secondly you are in no way my superior, but rather a mere equal.

A private ass chewing would not have brought the result that I wanted. you would took it as a buddy buddy, and not as a life lesson.
    your major malfunction is seeing me as your subordinate, while I on the other hand viewed you as a colleague, a friend even. your attitude of treating me as a little kid whom needs you're teaching of so called "life lessons" is what displeased me to the point of sacrificing the community I built just to prove my worth.

I did not leave because of my mishandling of the situation, of which I had never denied, and have admitted that a better solution could have been thought of. But rather I left because your consistently look down upon me for my age, do not deny that from the moment I told you my actual age you had started taking me less seriously, you simply stopped respecting me as a leader, and saw me more as a child.

As a leader my responsibility is to keep to the group together, and to take any action when that bond is threatened, and although those actions I took might not always be the most sound, there are all with good intention. By undoing what I had done without first consulting me showed you did not have respect for my actions and authority, and by putting me on the spot and I will say "yelling at me like a mother does to a kid at the supermarket" was not only embarrassing to me but damaging to my perception of self worth.

This is a game, not a job. I spend on an average 3-5 hours getting online during the faction's peek hours to make sure everyone is happy, even on the most boring of nights I organised roams and random raids to keep the members interested in the game, trying to keep the game from becoming repetitive I had to constantly come up with new ideas for the members to have fun, which unfortunately came at the cost of our friends from the TE. You have no idea how much time and energy it takes to do this. This is what I had done which held the faction together even during the dullest of times.

You had no idea what I did for the faction, to you I was the "reckless kid who loved to start wars without doing preparation work" when infact you failed to see that with each conflict I created it was to achieve what I saw as the pinicale of importance in a starmade faction, activity and bonding between the members. That is what I had built the CR as, a tight group of friends.

You envisioned the CR as a meritocratic military which I had warned you in a PM before taking my leave, would not work in a community like this. I had taken the time to explain to you that Starmade is an indie game with a lack of activity, and that trying to build a competitive internal government and lifestyle would be impossible due to the huge lack of things to do in the game. I had warned you that plans had to be carried out with minimal prep work or else members would lose interest. You responded by telling me you were from the Marines and that you could lead better than I.

I can tell you, through out my life I have found myself constantly in leadership positions, not because I enjoy power, but because I enjoy people, It is my passion to lead, to keep people together, to do what I think is best for those who trust in me, and to go through thick and thin with those whom I consider to be my friends. A good example would be the battles aceface, matt, ghost and I fought against the various factions which was recorded and posted on aceface's channel, until now I rewatch those videos because hearing the joy in their voices alone fulfills me

It saddens me when I get PMs on steam from ex CR members informing me of the state you have landed my faction in ever since my leave, and I fell as if I had let them down.

Congratulations, you accuse me of disrespecting joefish for being autistic while you yourself look down upon others for simply being younger than you.

ps: keptick never had you ever partaken in anything which had to do with the faction besides assaulting that TE supply depot, hell you spent most of your time in you own little sub faction. you were never CR, calling yourself that is a disgrace to our tightly bonded community. You are simply Leanson's Boba Fett .

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    That's bullshit, I don't care about your age. Act like a child and I will treat you as such. Like you are now. You lied to him, so not to hurt his feelings... nice way to be honest.
    If you do shit like this, except to be yelled by people. Many faction members wanted to chew your ass, but i decided to do it all for them. Blackhawk and myself talked to you about this as we both are on the same page. Zorozeenee. .. he would have said and done the same. As I know for certainty he does not condone that admin abuse shit that you pulled.
    Congrats two, you did disrespect joe.
    Age has nothing to do with correcting someone who made poor choices and a bug mistake. You are angry that I stood up for a junior member that joined, and didn't play favorites with you. I don't do favoritism nor do I side with someone so wrong in their actions. I yelled at you, to get through to you. Apparently you think you are above reproach. I let it all go after I yelled at you. So that other members did not seek reprisals, or want to talk to you about it.
    I did my dam job. Me and Blackhawk agree of what makes up a leader and their responsibilities. Your responsibilities to your members new and old.. you failed at. I gave you, set back, and tried to give you the glory that you wanted. But you only have one tool in your tool belt. Two's way or no way at all. If it seemed like I saw you as a subordinate or that I took your power away from you. That is because my tool belt is alot bigger.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422884921,1422884562][/DOUBLEPOST]You did let alot of members down two. Hell you let me down. All the ex CR members you speak of, make no attempt to change or take charge of the factions. Their bitching is just that. I would think it's just a statement to make me seem weaker in your want and need to further make me look like shit. Is it to match how you feel? Or match how I made you feel when I called you out on your actions?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    TwoNiner You're right. I admit that I haven't done much for the faction, but I haven't weighted it down either. And I did contribute some resources, believe it or not.

As you said, it's a game. My priorities are set on finishing my ship before the faction. That might seems wrong in your eyes but it is what it is. And when did you start hating my guts so much? I've always respected what you've done for the faction btw.

Ps: I sure as f*cking hell am not leaving a super titan docked to the CR base, that'd basically be asking for theft. Understand the little sub-faction thing a bit better now?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Each member can't be forced to stay any only be in the faction. It is each member right to be in it and stay if they want. I can't control what others do. I can only provide them with what they want in a leader and create a environment that they would like to be in. Kep, Matt, joe, ace and others have the option of going to different factions, servers and using other names. One thing I value is trust, it's easy to lose and hard to gain back.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Many faction members wanted to chew your ass, but i decided to do it all for them.
    Name me one person besides keptick and joefish himself. Mort was by far the only one besides the 2 stated before who thought that I had made a mistake, even then he urged me to carry on with my role

Zorozeenee. .. he would have said and done the same.
    Stop pulling that, get Zoro to personally tell me that he would have done that to me given heard my explanation himself before putting words into his mouth.

You are angry that I stood up for a junior member that joined, and didn't play favorites with you. I don't do favoritism nor do I side with someone so wrong in their actions. I yelled at you, to get through to you.
    No, I was angry at your attitude. I am the founder and leader of this faction. You are a member with a title who logs on and builds ships. What gives you the rights to do what you did. You yourself admitted that having that argument in public was a stupid idea in PM, however the damage was done.

But honestly, tell me, how did YOU handle the situation. If I remembered you told everyone to suck it up and deal with joefish, and that any person who has a problem with joe has a problem with you. What did that do? You basically forced everyone who had complained to tolerate him, which I can imagine would have been extremely frustrating, causing further unhappiness.

I did my dam job. Me and Blackhawk agree of what makes up a leader and their responsibilities. Your responsibilities to your members new and old.. you failed at.
    Look at where you're leadership has landed the CR, and tell me you did you best. Declaring inactivity is as good as declaring disbandment, and you plan is to wait for a miracle?

Let me make this clear, I do not owe any of you a living, so dare you not tell me I failed my responsibilities, because what I did I did out of my own will, I am not obliged to serve anyone. This statement alone proves my point, YOU took me and my work for granted. I left to give you a wake up call.

Two's way or no way at all. If it seemed like I saw you as a subordinate or that I took your power away from you. That is because my tool belt is alot bigger.
    So explain to me how you have driven the faction to the ground again? Since you claim to have "bigger tools" It was never Two's way, most decisions unless extremely urgent were made upon common consensus. When I banned Joe I had consulted both Jan and Matt, both of which failed to object to my suggestion. THIS is my style of leadership because I myself know that I am incapable of making good choices all the time.

All the ex CR members you speak of, make no attempt to change or take charge of the factions. Their bitching is just that.
    What makes you think they are obliged to save a sinking ship? You re built the faction as a Meritocratic Community, meaning you've ignored my advice and turned the faction into a "life is a race" mentality where at anytime your position in the faction can be contested. There is no sense of belonging in an environment like that, if until now you have not realised that then there is no word I can think of in my vocabulary to describe you. Without that sense of belonging what makes you think anyone would want to "fight till the dying breath" for the faction.

This is why you fail leanson, you take everyone for granted, you expect that sense of belonging to be built upon joining the faction, which may be true in the marines, but not among people who PLAY a video game to relax and escape the stress of life. All you do is put more stress on them by imposing "responsibilities" on them

I would think it's just a statement to make me seem weaker in your want and need to further make me look like shit. Is it to match how you feel? Or match how I made you feel when I called you out on your actions?
    I will not name them unless they give me permission, but you should have an idea.

Lets look at things this way

I banned joe out of good intention of the faction, however shitty it may seem I tried to do it in a way in order to not hurt his feelings. But the conclusion is that because being unfair to joe it was still a bad idea and I took the blame for it.

With the same logic, no matter your good intentions nor effort spent in building this faction since my leave, you cannot deny that the effects of your leadership is much less than desirable. With the same logic applied, why should you not be taking the blame for the state you have landed the faction in?

Do you feel frustrated? do you feed mainlined? do you feel that since I had not had hand in running the faction since my leave that I should have no right in criticizing you?

That's how I felt.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Please be aware that in accordance with http://starmadedock.net/threads/announcement-no-more-forum-drama.4936/
    Moving onward, any personal attacks and drama will merit an immediate removal of said post and a point to the poster. There will be no warnings.
    Discussions and disagreements are alright but a personal attack on another member of the forums in a faction thread will merit immediate moderator action. You folks seem to be keeping it at an acceptable level of civility, so I'm just making sure you remember.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Lol you write to much.
    One person, Matt thinks you made a mistake.
    So you founded the whole faction by yourself and was the only leader.. ok. I played no part in its revival and growth, I just made ships and held a meaningless title.
    It was stupid because I didn't know you would act like a child.
    You left.. leaving a void in CR and causing it harm. I am not two niner. Many old faction members wanted and liked two. But the faction was divided in who they wanted as a leader. We held several elections as I wanted who the members want as leader. You are appealing to those members, which many left when you did.
    I urged you to carry on your role and responsibilities to the faction. I did not take that away. You left it all.
    With joe, if he broke the rules, discipline him, if he got annoying tell him to shut up. But banning him for his autism. . That made me pissed and I said will cause me to what I did. You are unable to see the fallacies that are in your head. Frustrated now, nope, the faction runs. You can't see it. You see inactive and you feel some responsibility that you were once part of. The fact the life is more important than a game shows that you need some balance. For someone who doesn't play SM or in this faction, you are well invested in it still, and have much to say.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422896121,1422895880][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Please be aware that in accordance with http://starmadedock.net/threads/announcement-no-more-forum-drama.4936/ Discussions and disagreements are alright but a personal attack on another member of the forums in a faction thread will merit immediate moderator action. You folks seem to be keeping it at an acceptable level of civility, so I'm just making sure you remember.
    Thank you for the reminder. It's important to keep our civility, the forum has seen alot of bad behavior in the past, and as much as I know other faction read this and laugh as we hit our head against the wall.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422896168][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Name me one person besides keptick and joefish himself. Mort was by far the only one besides the 2 stated before who thought that I had made a mistake, even then he urged me to carry on with my role

Stop pulling that, get Zoro to personally tell me that he would have done that to me given heard my explanation himself before putting words into his mouth.

No, I was angry at your attitude. I am the founder and leader of this faction. You are a member with a title who logs on and builds ships. What gives you the rights to do what you did. You yourself admitted that having that argument in public was a stupid idea in PM, however the damage was done.

But honestly, tell me, how did YOU handle the situation. If I remembered you told everyone to suck it up and deal with joefish, and that any person who has a problem with joe has a problem with you. What did that do? You basically forced everyone who had complained to tolerate him, which I can imagine would have been extremely frustrating, causing further unhappiness.

Look at where you're leadership has landed the CR, and tell me you did you best. Declaring inactivity is as good as declaring disbandment, and you plan is to wait for a miracle?

Let me make this clear, I do not owe any of you a living, so dare you not tell me I failed my responsibilities, because what I did I did out of my own will, I am not obliged to serve anyone. This statement alone proves my point, YOU took me and my work for granted. I left to give you a wake up call.

So explain to me how you have driven the faction to the ground again? Since you claim to have "bigger tools" It was never Two's way, most decisions unless extremely urgent were made upon common consensus. When I banned Joe I had consulted both Jan and Matt, both of which failed to object to my suggestion. THIS is my style of leadership because I myself know that I am incapable of making good choices all the time.

What makes you think they are obliged to save a sinking ship? You re built the faction as a Meritocratic Community, meaning you've ignored my advice and turned the faction into a "life is a race" mentality where at anytime your position in the faction can be contested. There is no sense of belonging in an environment like that, if until now you have not realised that then there is no word I can think of in my vocabulary to describe you. Without that sense of belonging what makes you think anyone would want to "fight till the dying breath" for the faction.

This is why you fail leanson, you take everyone for granted, you expect that sense of belonging to be built upon joining the faction, which may be true in the marines, but not among people who PLAY a video game to relax and escape the stress of life. All you do is put more stress on them by imposing "responsibilities" on them

I will not name them unless they give me permission, but you should have an idea.

I banned joe out of good intention of the faction, however shitty it may seem I tried to do it in a way in order to not hurt his feelings. But the conclusion is that because being unfair to joe it was still a bad idea and I took the blame for it.

With the same logic, no matter your good intentions nor effort spent in building this faction since my leave, you cannot deny that the effects of your leadership is much less than desirable. With the same logic applied, why should you not be taking the blame for the state you have landed the faction in?

Do you feel frustrated? do you feed mainlined? do you feel that since I had not had hand in running the faction since my leave that I should have no right in criticizing you?

That's how I felt.
    Matt btw

Reaction score
    Two, I have spoke on your behalf and I noted the achievements you gained and the activity you brought forth. Hence my messsage to you months ago. However, the minute we as a group begin casting brothers in arms aside simply due to their disabilities or behavior is the minute we lose ourselves not only as a major faction but as a team. I stood beside Leanson in his endeavor to correct such a behavior. If you want to hear the words from zoros mouth. Here they are, he has the same values instilled as I do. No leader is above reproach, everyone must be held accountable for their actions regardless of rank. This is the reason the Alliance Armada's rank structure worked. It took us a year to obtain such organization and the voice of every member of my faction. Whether they were trouble makers or simply disadvantaged. They helped form the AA into what it was. CR cannot change overnight, it takes time to institute change. Your age has nothing to do with your ejection. Unwillingness to accept reprimand for a wrongful action was the cause. If you cant follow, you will never lead. A real man bows down to authority. (Within reason) I will agree that such a discussion should be held in private as it leads to dissension in ranks. Unless the individual refuses to listen where then embarrassment and physical punishment should be introduced. I myself am held accountable by my men, so should every leader.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I meant what I said when I said I made a mistake about not taking it in private. Hell I make alot of mistakes. It is one that CR is still paying for.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Gotta wonder how Joe feels with all of this, with his name and issues being tossed around without his involvement. Would be nice if people could be respectful of other people's personal issues (Life, disabilities, etc) and keep hushed about them without their consent to talk about it. Just to be polite I mean.

That said, I failing more and more to see why this was made public. It's starting to look more like "I want the last word" than anything else at this point.

If there are so many people who are displeased with leanson's leadership, why not just start over with a new faction? EE has many major factions who could aid in getting started up, and Station blueprints are a thing so you could skip out on actually building a station again. If you want to throw a fit over the name, I'm sure you could PM and get some sort of agreement, because if the faction's structure is changing a new name seems within reason.

Reactions: jorgekorke
    Reaction score
    Twoniner, I feel you still have sense of duty to CR in that you felt compelled to come here and lay it on the table. Odium is more than willing to hold an audience with you an and resolve this conflict. As per new rules of transparency by our policies we can allow all odium members to attend or hold it privately. This is entirely up to you and if both parties are willing to be held accountable by the Pact as a whole. I would like to see you back in the pact personally, whether as CR or a new faction. My collaboration with you during our training and diplomatic relations was seemingly astounding. However, we will need all parties to bring thick skin and understanding. If not then either way I hold true to my word, everyone should be held accountable. This gives you a chance to explain your side and clean the slate.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422899286,1422898977][/DOUBLEPOST]I whole heartedly agree cyber, we should edit names out but still recognize awareness of the condition. He is apart of our team, and as such all parties do have a tendency to want to defend our members to the end. However, they are keeping it civil and both parties need a chance to clear their names publicly.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold

That's how I felt.
    The main thing I see here:

You failed to notice that every faction has gone inactive in the past month or so. It's not because of bad leadership, it's just that there's absolutely nothing to do ingame.

And isn't Leanson the leader of this faction? The new CR isn't the old CR that died a long time ago. You joined this faction as a member. From what I can tell (I may be wrong here, please correct me if I am) you were never appointed leadership of the faction, even if you acted like it.

On a more personal note, I don't have anything against you. I really don't get why you think that I hate you, I really don't :p. And I honestly wouldn't mind if you came back to the faction either.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Joe isn't his name, but a nickname. He knows that his name has been used and the reasons why.
    I don't mind if two comes back in the pact, I never kicked him out or disband him from his duties. If he is going to be in CR, the members will vote on it.
    After what happened joe did forgive him, as I did.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The main thing I see here:

You failed to notice that every faction has gone inactive in the past month or so. It's not because of bad leadership, it's just that there's absolutely nothing to do ingame.

And isn't Leanson the leader of this faction? The new CR isn't the old CR that died a long time ago. You joined this faction as a member. From what I can tell (I may be wrong here, please correct me if I am) you were never appointed leadership of the faction, even if you acted like it.

On a more personal note, I don't have anything against you. I really don't get why you think that I hate you, I really don't :p. And I honestly wouldn't mind if you came back to the faction either.
    I've tried to refrain from posting on this matter because I agree with neither party in this discussion, but seeing as to your allegation that all factions are inactive is false. Debs Plebs is enjoying a 100% activity rate on multiple servers. :P

Actually, the update seems to have slowed factions based soley around PvP due to its rather limiting nature in terms of resource allocation. Factions focused on building and regular survival are, for the most part, thriving.

That said, my earlier idea of a competition including all areas of the game was designed with the intention of keeping factions like the CR alive and well while the blueprint balancing worked its course. Unfourtunately, no one showed any real interest in the project.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Because it wasn't good which is why no one showed interest.
    Cr is not centered around combat and pvp. That one aspect that we like. Unless you can add features to the game, or get me a job... I doubt you could keep CR active. CR survived and thrived during this update. Each member was able to build 100k or more mass ship with the current system.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    ps: keptick never had you ever partaken in anything which had to do with the faction besides assaulting that TE supply depot, hell you spent most of your time in you own little sub faction. you were never CR, calling yourself that is a disgrace to our tightly bonded community. You are simply Leanson's Boba Fett .
    ok i do not aprove of this portion of text.... as you should recall before i joined CR i did quite a bit of merc work for the faction.
    dont go complaing about mercs

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Lol you write to much.
    One person, Matt thinks you made a mistake.
    So you founded the whole faction by yourself and was the only leader.. ok. I played no part in its revival and growth, I just made ships and held a meaningless title.
    It was stupid because I didn't know you would act like a child.
    You left.. leaving a void in CR and causing it harm. I am not two niner. Many old faction members wanted and liked two. But the faction was divided in who they wanted as a leader. We held several elections as I wanted who the members want as leader. You are appealing to those members, which many left when you did.
    I urged you to carry on your role and responsibilities to the faction. I did not take that away. You left it all.
    With joe, if he broke the rules, discipline him, if he got annoying tell him to shut up. But banning him for his autism. . That made me pissed and I said will cause me to what I did. You are unable to see the fallacies that are in your head. Frustrated now, nope, the faction runs. You can't see it. You see inactive and you feel some responsibility that you were once part of. The fact the life is more important than a game shows that you need some balance. For someone who doesn't play SM or in this faction, you are well invested in it still, and have much to say.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422896121,1422895880][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thank you for the reminder. It's important to keep our civility, the forum has seen alot of bad behavior in the past, and as much as I know other faction read this and laugh as we hit our head against the wall.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422896168][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Matt btw
    The only reason I'm here is to practice my writing and arguement, I'm ENTP personality meaning I like to argue a lot. But that aside, Matt was one of the two whom I had consulted before carry out the action, should he have thought it was wrong he had spectacularly failed to express himself in that way, but rather did not disapprove of banning said person. Had he during that time expressed disaproval that would have greatly influenced my decision.

As a leader at that time I made the popular decission not the right one, what angered me was the sudden change in opinion of hypocrites

The fact still remains that the CR is in a terrible state, and as I still view the CR as my faction this is the only arguement I would like you to prove me wrong at, because whatever you are dong right now it ain't workng.

Reactions: aceface

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    CR as my faction
    This is probably gonna sound a lot more aggressive/flamy then I intend, but didn't you come back, restart CR, randomly disappear for a month or so without prior notice, leaving Leanson to rebuild the foundation and gather members himself, then come back to bask in the glory of someone else's work for a bit? Or at least that's the perspective I got.

You didn't rebuild the faction all on your own, you had help. The problem is that you seem to view them all as underlings rather than equals, making it impossible to 'dispute' your opinion.
    A faction is a collection of players, and you can't claim ownership of players. Ships? Sure, but only the ones you made yourself, other players make ships for the faction, not for 1 individual. You should get a blueprints of stations that you worked on significantly, but not ingame unless you also collected all the resources yourself, since resources collected by others belong to the faction, a collection of players that worked together.

Plus Leanson changed the internal structure I hear, meaning the only things you can really claim is the name, your ships, your station work, and your loyal members (whom have already followed you I heard).

I probably went a tangent, oh well.