1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    -----------Receiving secured transmission-----------
    ---------Sent from: SMD Administration Base---------
    --Priority: Level 5...Requires immediate attention--
    ------Decrypting.........................DONE.------
    ----------------------------------------------------

Due to recent (and continuing) events, myself and the other Community Staff are going to start enforcing a new guideline.

Moving onward, any personal attacks and drama will merit an immediate removal of said post and a point to the poster. There will be no warnings.

Also, a reminder to everyone to report any posts that break this new guideline as well as previous ones.

Thanks. :)

---------------------------------------------------
    End Transmission.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Yes! Well said! Now, could you clean up the mess that is the two last pages of the intergalactic summit and unlock it so that we have a place to do our roleplay?

Edit: Please :p

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Will we also have our reports removed and be issued warnings for attempting to handle threats of harm and personal attacks made in private?

Pardon me, but this is all quite frustrating.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    By any drama we mean any public display. Doesn't matter if you're 'defending' or 'attacking'. If it's in your post then you're at fault. If someone else barges in your thread attempting to spew drama and incite you then you can just ignore or report the offender and he'll have his content removed and a point added.

If something is taking place in a PM then feel free to contact me or another mod about it and we'll deal with it. While we may not pay much attention to PMs without someone pointing us towards them, they still count as space on the forums and follow similar rules.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yes! Well said! Now, could you clean up the mess that is the two last pages of the intergalactic summit and unlock it so that we have a place to do our roleplay?

Edit: Please :p
    That thread is going to stay closed for at least a few days, so everyone can calm down.
    Will we also have our reports removed and be issued warnings for attempting to handle threats of harm and personal attacks made in private?

Pardon me, but this is all quite frustrating.
    Attacks made in private should stay private. Feel free to report whoever is doing it however, if you cannot handle it yourself.

Reaction score
    I haven't noticed any drama at all, and I'm here every day. Where is this drama coming from? The chat?

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    If you've not seen it you're not affected so no worries :3

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    There is not much freedom of speak these days, people just need to learn to be able to take bad comments. But if the comment is harsh and uncalled for then you called temporary ban that person.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    There is not much freedom speak these days, people just need to learn to be able to take bad comments.
    Normally I'd leave a comment such as this be, but I've seen it a few times in the past and have neglected to pay it heed, so I suppose I'll do so now.

Freedom has much less to do with our decision than appearances do. Some of our goals is to keep the forums inviting, positive, and tidy. This ensures that newcomers feel welcome and are much more likely to return and become core community members. I couldn't care less about what people talk about. There's no incentives for me to butt into people's affair. So long as everything is within forum rules, guidelines, and promotes a positive experience.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Normally I'd leave a comment such as this be, but I've seen it a few times in the past and have neglected to pay it heed, so I suppose I'll do so now.

Freedom has much less to do with our decision than appearances do. Some of our goals is to keep the forums inviting, positive, and tidy. This ensures that newcomers feel welcome and are much more likely to return and become core community members. I couldn't care less about what people talk about. There's no incentives for me to butt into people's affair. So long as everything is within forum rules, guidelines, and promotes a positive experience.
    Shouldn't a safe environment take priority over appearances?

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Shouldn't a safe environment take priority over appearances?
    That and many other things. To completely list out what we try to do would be to copy/paste the website's terms and rules.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    There is not much freedom of speak these days, people just need to learn to be able to take bad comments. But if the comment is harsh and uncalled for then you called temporary ban that person.
    Just remember, not everyone here is American :p hah

Reactions: Keptick

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I'm sorry, but please be more specific.

Please define drama.

In all seriousness, what if someone comes to our thread and posts a perfectly fine war declaration in a public place so that our own and their own allies can see it? Is that now against the rules?

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm sorry, but please be more specific.

Please define drama.

In all seriousness, what if someone comes to our thread and posts a perfectly fine war declaration in a public place so that our own and their own allies can see it? Is that now against the rules?
    Drama in this context means attempting to, and the aftermath of, trying to anger someone in another faction. War declarations are fine.

Reaction score
    So now we can't even have pm's to keep politics out of public eye. Someone could say barney the dinosaur offends them and uses the report tool to bring you guys into our PM. What other means do we have of discussing political affairs if you will be invading even our private messages. In essence there is no avenue for free political talks. Honestly if someone is offended by a pm that is why there is the "Leave Conversation" button.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So now we can't even have pm's to keep politics out of public eye. Someone could say barney the dinosaur offends them and uses the report tool to bring you guys into our PM. What other means do we have of discussing political affairs if you will be invading even our private messages. In essence there is no avenue for free political talks. Honestly if someone is offended by a pm that is why there is the "Leave Conversation" button.
    You've got this all wrong. We would actually prefer if you keep your politics in PMs. Furthermore, we don't care if your faction is diplomatic, a corrupt dictatorship, whatever. As long as you are not intentionally trying start a flamewar (in public or PMs), it is none of our business, and we will stay out of it.

But as soon as you do start a flamewar (or otherwise break the ToS), it becomes our business. Even then, and we will only touch whatever mess has been stirred up. No tweaking of your faction's strategies or governmental body occurs.

Of course, this never happens anyway if you don't stir things up. Don't break rules, and we will stay out of your faction's business. Mkay? :)

Reaction score
    Roger that, we'll keep our stuff in house and let anyone know who might easily get offended to leave. Political debates can get heated at times. Private message debate away, minions!

Reaction score
    If you've not seen it you're not affected so no worries :3
    Yeah no worries until I make a joke that your lot thinks is too far and whoosh I'm locked out. And the forums feel so lonely because I'm the mostest popularest member ever, and when the ban times out there's mass celebrations and then I wake up.

Anyway...You're still based right? You'll give a warning or smth first? Don't go full 4chan on us and ban us left and right. (TBH I don't think you will, but just sayin')

Status
    Not open for further replies.