Build Mode Region Intangibility & Logic Stuff

Reaction score
    I have a few problems building a CPU in starmade. The first problem is that it's a CPU in starmade and is going to take forever to make (again, since I accidentally blew up most of the original design).

One of the main problems is that I can't simply look at a logic block in a crowded region, which is why I think applied, configurable intangibility would be so useful in buildmode.

Another problem is that there's no simple way (T.M.K.) to add many logic inputs to a block simultaneously, even though there is and has been a very simple way to add many logic outputs to a block simultaneously. Because of this, I think it'd be a good idea to implement both a block select/deselect option and block input/output wiring buttons.

Finally, the greatest problem that I have with building a CPU in starmade is that many of the blocks need to be attached to a stationary block even though these blocks are just different instances of a copy and paste operation. Because of this, I'd like to ask that there be a 'check mark box' that says something like 'Keep absolute external logic wiring?', which would preserve the references that any logic block had coming into it or going out of it as long as it was within the copy and paste bounding box.

Reactions: alterintel

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ...Another problem is that there's no simple way (T.M.K.) to add many logic inputs to a block simultaneously, even though there is and has been a very simple way to add many logic outputs to a block simultaneously. Because of this, I think it'd be a good idea to implement both a block select/deselect option and block input/output wiring buttons....
    How multiple inputs to a block are handled depends on the desired behavior. The "gatekeepers" for inputs to a single block are the "AND" and "OR" blocks. These two blocks can handle multiple inputs by design.
    1. The AND block requires that all inputs be High/On for it to send a high signal. Likewise, if any one (or more) inputs are Low/Off, the AND block sends a Low/Off signal.
    2. The OR block is similar to the AND block and treats inputs and outputs in the opposite way. It sends a Low signal if all inputs are Low/Off. Otherwise, if there is any High/On signal from any one or more inputs, the OR block sends a High/On signal.

There has been occasional discussion of new logic blocks, such as XOR, but so far, those two (AND, OR) are the gatekeepers we have available. Builders have used combinations of blocks to recreate a XOR input.

Reaction score
    This is not about new blocks; this is a feature request that, in my opinion, is overdue and desperately needed. I will provide a demonstration of why upon request.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    What about a different system for connecting and configuring logic?

Instead of "C" and "V"... we use "S" for Select, "I" for Input, and "O" for Output
    Instead of the selected block being highlighted in orange, and the outputs being highlighted in blue...
    Selected block is highlighted in Green, Inputs are highlighted in Yellow, and Outputs are highlighted in Blue
    And how about instead of having to hold down "F8" to see only logic. It should be toggle-able instead, and maybe there should be some kind of 3D grid as well to help us keep our bearings.

You know what I think I'll make a new thread for this... :)

Reaction score
    This is what I meant in the first place. The only problem is the number of keys present on the keyboard versus the number of key-bindable options.