Read by Council Blinder CPU + Module

Reaction score
    I have an idea that would go along with the current radar jam and cloaked modules. The blinder module would disable all cameras on surrounding hostile ships for a short period of time (based on how many modules are aboard) of course this computer and module would be VERY expensive, and it would have a cool down of somewhere between 2-4 minutes. I'm just saying it would be a nice add on to current stealth ships in the works.

EDIT - Each blinder module would have a 0.01 second blinding time (so 100 is one second) this would make it so a ship would have to be larger in order for the ship to stay blinded for a good amount of time. Also, the cooldown would also be based on the number of modules. Each module is 0.1 second of cooldown. So for example, a ship has 1000 modules. It enters a sector after a jump, sees a ship, and blinds it. It stays blinded for 10 second, hopefully leaving enough room for it to escape, because it will take 100 seconds to recharge. Energy would probably be around 1000 per block, so it would require 1 million charge for that blinding. It wouldn't drain shields nor have an anti blinder because it's such a short duration, it's just meant for ships trying to escape the area.The range would just be one sector.
    Thanks for reading

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This might not work very well as due to maybe a bug or something i have no idea, but you can see through your ship if it is solid blocks between the front of the ship and the core
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464649256,1464649201][/DOUBLEPOST]also what would it's range be, and the power consumption, is it customizeable, would it take out your own camera's, what about AI?
    Will it affect your faction mate's or a station

Reaction score
    This might not work very well as due to maybe a bug or something i have no idea, but you can see through your ship if it is solid blocks between the front of the ship and the core
    Yes but not all ships are that way. This is more targeted to blind stealth ships trying to evade other ships in the sector, so it just provides that one extra boost over cloak and jam

Reaction score
    quick question would using a scanner break the Blinding computer?
    I don't know. I don't think so because the blinder would disable cameras, not interfere with the ships radar and location systems. This is purely optical jamming

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    how many per ship, and how would you buff this, range, anti blinder, power usage, and whether your shields go or not like transporter does