An Urgent Message to Schine

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    But yeah RP and PVP are not at all opposed, which imo the survival multi sorta players have always been pretty vocal about especially. When one suffers the other does, and that definitely fell on deaf ears for way too long.
    Agreed. Focusing on either extreme without regards to the other is very counter productive.

Jebediah1

FlyingZeene_TNT, Emperor of NRE. (Scipio)
    Reaction score
    everytime I see one of these threads I see these recurring themes

1. MacThule calls the people who dislike the game Russian bots or some shit. (definitely not just community members who are unsatisfied with the current game status.)

2. Edy blaming the PvP community for everything, and ignoring the fact that the PvP players are the ones who have reported the most bugs and exploits, and doesn't recognize that schine just never looks at them. Overlooking people like Zyrr Latterous Veilith and Manhatton, people who have reported dozens of bugs with only limited success. (because schine doesn't care)

3. OC being OC

4. People think that PvP players actually like the meta and exploits (we fucking don't literally none of us do. it's boring and turns into a fight of which ship fires first.)

5. People still thinking 2.0 is better then 1.0, despite giving no evidence or reasons

6. Schine being nowhere in sight.

Reactions: Jake_Lancia

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    2. Edy blaming the PvP community for everything, and ignoring the fact that the PvP players are the ones who have reported the most bugs and exploits, and doesn't recognize that schine just never looks at them. Overlooking people like Zyrr Latterous Veilith and Manhatton, people who have reported dozens of bugs with only limited success. (because schine doesn't care)
    Nope, not blaming the PvP community. I've said many times before I enjoy PvP.

The toxic players that got banned did not represent the entire PvP community. They just liked to hide behind that strawman.

Reactions: klawxx

Jebediah1

FlyingZeene_TNT, Emperor of NRE. (Scipio)
    Reaction score

The toxic players that got banned did not represent the entire PvP community. They just liked to hide behind that strawman.
    "toxic players"
    They've posted screenshots of the pictures of the shit they got banned for, and the posts got deleted by schine because it looks bad. schine targets people that don't give them gud succ 24/7.

TheDerpGamerX

Lord of Lawnmowers
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 2

The fact that I can literally counter most of your points using your own quotes tells me how much you lie.

Reactions: Edymnion

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yup. I would say that you forgot to screencap the rest, but its referenced in what I said in the full quote. Key phrase there is "YOUR pvp".

Griefing is not PvP. Camping spawns, ganking newbies the instant they log into a server, forcing people to fight who don't want to participate in the first place, that isn't PvP. I don't care about maintaining the "balance" of griefing, that crap needs to go.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Yup. I would say that you forgot to screencap the rest, but its referenced in what I said in the full quote. Key phrase there is "YOUR pvp".

Griefing is not PvP. Camping spawns, ganking newbies the instant they log into a server, forcing people to fight who don't want to participate in the first place, that isn't PvP. I don't care about maintaining the "balance" of griefing, that crap needs to go.
    Find one pvp game where those things dont happen.
    and what is griefing? what with Rust it has the same ruleset as starmade, you log on and build shit.
    Everyone can attack you and everyone will, griefing doesnt exist as per say.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Find one pvp game where those things dont happen.
    and what is griefing? what with Rust it has the same ruleset as starmade, you log on and build shit.
    Everyone can attack you and everyone will, griefing doesnt exist as per say.
    Hint: Starmade is not a PvP game. Its a voxel building game.

Minecraft, Dragon Quest Builders, etc all have multiplayer settings where you can actively prevent people from messing with your stuff.

PvP is PART of Starmade. Same way it is PART of other MMO's like World of Warcraft. Where they have PvP and PvE servers with actual mechanics like PvP flags so that people who just want to kill monsters and pick flowers can do that without being harassed.

TheDerpGamerX

Lord of Lawnmowers
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Tbh, Genx did it right. They had a PvE only galaxy, and that seemed to work well.

Reactions: Nauvran

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Hint: Starmade is not a PvP game. Its a voxel building game.

Minecraft, Dragon Quest Builders, etc all have multiplayer settings where you can actively prevent people from messing with your stuff.

PvP is PART of Starmade. Same way it is PART of other MMO's like World of Warcraft. Where they have PvP and PvE servers with actual mechanics like PvP flags so that people who just want to kill monsters and pick flowers can do that without being harassed.
    hint starmade is a sandbox game with pvp, most servers are survival pvp servers.

Starmade has admins to take care of that problem, fights never happen on CBS without consent.

You're just making it seem like you're complaining because you keep getting your ass kicked.

Hell even if we had some pvp flags it would still be up to the individual server!
    So we would still have this issue and crybabies like you for all the servers that doesnt have the pvp flags shit set up.

Reactions: Inspired2150

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Starmade has admins to take care of that problem, fights never happen on CBS without consent.
    Thats great, I'm glad. No sarcasm, I am.

My stance has always been "If you want to do PvP, find someone else who wants to do it, and do some PvP. If you don't want to do PvP, then you don't have to do PvP". Despite what people painted me as, I ENJOY consensual PvP. I like making builds and testing them. I like making a base with defense satellites and seeing how well they do.

Long as everybody involved wants to shoot it up, then by all means, shoot it up! If one person goes "Nah, I just want to work on my build today.", then you leave them alone. If someone has been on the server for 5 minutes and doesn't even have a base yet, leave them alone. If you're rolling around in a titan, and the other guy has a glorified shuttle as the best thing they've got, leave them alone.

To me, this is common sense stuff. Make sure the other guy WANTS TO FIGHT before you start blowing them up. Simply existing is not an open invitation to be attacked.

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Thats great, I'm glad. No sarcasm, I am.

My stance has always been "If you want to do PvP, find someone else who wants to do it, and do some PvP. If you don't want to do PvP, then you don't have to do PvP". Despite what people painted me as, I ENJOY consensual PvP. I like making builds and testing them. I like making a base with defense satellites and seeing how well they do.

Long as everybody involved wants to shoot it up, then by all means, shoot it up! If one person goes "Nah, I just want to work on my build today.", then you leave them alone. If someone has been on the server for 5 minutes and doesn't even have a base yet, leave them alone. If you're rolling around in a titan, and the other guy has a glorified shuttle as the best thing they've got, leave them alone.

To me, this is common sense stuff. Make sure the other guy WANTS TO FIGHT before you start blowing them up. Simply existing is not an open invitation to be attacked.
    No one has ever painted you as anything, the only one pouring any paint on you is yourself.

Well if you dont want to play on a "hardcore" server then find a more newbie friendly or one that is PvE, it's not unlike any other sandbox game like Rust or Ark.

PvP is not an issue in this game.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    No one has ever painted you as anything, the only one pouring any paint on you is yourself.
    Oh yeah they did. I can go dig those old threads out if you like, they're still around here somewhere. Threads where I tried to start brainstorming on how to come up with settings to let PvE and PvP co-exist, and I got shouted down for being anti-PvP. That was the common tactic, as called out earlier, anyone who didn't agree with them hated/was attacking PvP as a whole. I didn't pick this carebear title out of the thin blue air. I got called that on a regular basis, so I just made it my own.
    Well if you dont want to play on a "hardcore" server then find a more newbie friendly or one that is PvE
    I agree, and thats what I do.

The bit that screenshot from above was from? The group that was being addressed? It was the ones who were actively shouting down even having mechanical options to make a PvE server in the first place. The people who thought that if there was even an option for a server to not allow wild west anything goes PvP that the entire game was going to die because apparently no one would ever make a PvP server if there was an option for anything else?

I dunno, but apparently "Let people choose if they want to do PvP or not" got me branded by certain groups as being completely against PvP entirely.

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Oh yeah they did. I can go dig those old threads out if you like, they're still around here somewhere. Threads where I tried to start brainstorming on how to come up with settings to let PvE and PvP co-exist, and I got shouted down for being anti-PvP. That was the common tactic, as called out earlier, anyone who didn't agree with them hated/was attacking PvP as a whole. I didn't pick this carebear title out of the thin blue air. I got called that on a regular basis, so I just made it my own.
    I agree, and thats what I do.

The bit that screenshot from above was from? The group that was being addressed? It was the ones who were actively shouting down even having mechanical options to make a PvE server in the first place. The people who thought that if there was even an option for a server to not allow wild west anything goes PvP that the entire game was going to die because apparently no one would ever make a PvP server if there was an option for anything else?

I dunno, but apparently "Let people choose if they want to do PvP or not" got me branded by certain groups as being completely against PvP entirely.
    What I meant was that it's your own fault that people see you in that way, it's your ideas and your comments that paints YOU. Not other people.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    What I meant was that it's your own fault that people see you in that way, it's your ideas and your comments that paints YOU. Not other people.
    Honestly? Thats fine.

I always made it clear that I was pro consensual PvP, and the only thing I was against was attacking people who wanted to be left alone.

Those who see "How about a PvP flag or something so people who don't want to fight can just build and mine in peace?" and hear "ZOMG ban all PvP!" most likely are the exact same people we need mechanical rules/settings/etc in place to corral. After all, the only people who don't want rules preventing ganking newbs and camping spawns on PvE servers are... people who want to gank newbs and camp spawns on PvE servers, and they are the people I believe we need mechanical rules in place to stop.

Make a server where its anything goes, thats great. Make a server where PvP is disable entirely, thats great too. Make mixed survival with consensual PvP only, awesome. Make a creative mode arena server, totally awesome.

Just have tools in place that let the server actually mechanically enforce those rules, instead of operating on an honor code.

Last edited:
    Reactions: klawxx
    Reaction score
    Those who see "How about a PvP flag or something so people who don't want to fight can just build and mine in peace?" and hear "ZOMG ban all PvP!" most likely are the exact same people we need mechanical rules/settings/etc in place to corral. After all, the only people who don't want rules preventing ganking newbs and camping spawns on PvE servers are... people who want to gank newbs and camp spawns on PvE servers, and they are the people I believe we need mechanical rules in place to stop.
    you can stop your delusional agenda. we havent been saying there shouldnt be options for server owners, we disagree with the idea of forcing those rulesets.

you see where you equated people not agreeing with your preferred pvp style as people who think you want all people banned?

you see where you lumped in people who dont agree with your consensual only pvp to people who gank newbies and spawn camp on pve servers?

everyone else sees it too.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Honestly? Thats fine.

I always made it clear that I was pro consensual PvP, and the only thing I was against was attacking people who wanted to be left alone.

Make a server where its anything goes, thats great. Make a server where PvP is disable entirely, thats great too. Make mixed survival with consensual PvP only, awesome. Make a creative mode arena server, totally awesome.

Just have tools in place that let the server actually mechanically enforce those rules, instead of operating on an honor code.
    Most of the ideas you were proposing could be abused in many cases and that's why a lot of people were against them because at the time Vaygr was still around and used anything they could to abuse the system or find ulterior means to "win".