Added support for Sketchfab

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I managed to create some better emission maps! These should include all glowing bits of all blocks. With this they should make your ships look closer to their in game counteparts.
    t000 3D EM.png t001 3D EM.png t002 3D EM.png

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Crimson-Artist how did u make your ship's rotating parts rotate in sketchfab?
    you need to use a 3d modeling program like blender to make an animation then include the .blend file in the zip you upload. However im still trying to figure out exactly why only that one has animations. Been trying to add animations to nearly everything that has rail animations in game but for some reason sketchfab just isnt rendering it. i followed all the instructions in the help page.

The most infuriating part of all this is that I don't know if its me doing something wrong or sketchfab itself as animations are kinda in a beta phase right now.

greatmatt

Conqueror of Worlds, Voice Of The Singularity
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    How do i make crystals glow?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    How do i make crystals glow?
    was just helping jzimmerman4 with that exact problem a few posts ago. download the emission maps that I uploaded then go to each texture in the material tab then add the corresponding emission map. For best results turn on the bloom effect in the post processing filters.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    thank you
    np, dude. and don't forget that you can add normal maps too to give all the textures some well...texture, in short everything won't look so flat with normal maps. They can be found right in the starmade files.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I love the shinny effect you have! Was that just a setting you turned on?
    [doublepost=1475114394,1475113381][/doublepost]
    Here's my result!
    using normal mapping, reflective stuff, emission, bloom, transparency and a few other tricks :)

Ah did you add a specular map?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    nope, i just increased the reflectivity and set up some bright lights!

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    hmm cant seem to get it so be the same. It is either not reflective or super reflective.
    shininess appears to be a balance between specular color and glossiness. I get better results with color being lower then glossiness.

oh and before i forget i made the emission maps for the console1 and the light bar.
    console_EM.png lightbar_EM.png

Reactions: jzimmerman4
    Reaction score
    you need to use a 3d modeling program like blender to make an animation then include the .blend file in the zip you upload. However im still trying to figure out exactly why only that one has animations. Been trying to add animations to nearly everything that has rail animations in game but for some reason sketchfab just isnt rendering it. i followed all the instructions in the help page.

The most infuriating part of all this is that I don't know if its me doing something wrong or sketchfab itself as animations are kinda in a beta phase right now.
    Not sure if it will actually solve your problems, but if you're exporting via blender there is an easier way than uploading the .blend file to sketchfab. If you go to File -> User preferences -> Add-ons. If you search for "Sketchfab" there you can enable the exporter, and uploading to sketchfab is as easy going to the new upload tab, pasting in your Api Key (Found on the profile page) and you got yourself a super easy exporter!

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Not sure if it will actually solve your problems, but if you're exporting via blender there is an easier way than uploading the .blend file to sketchfab. If you go to File -> User preferences -> Add-ons. If you search for "Sketchfab" there you can enable the exporter, and uploading to sketchfab is as easy going to the new upload tab, pasting in your Api Key (Found on the profile page) and you got yourself a super easy exporter!
    tried that. wasn't sure if it worked but maybe it did cuz now that you mention it that was the Uriel MK-II was the only I tried it for and it the only one that has animations. I gotta try that for the other ones, though not sure how it will work with models that already exist on sketchfab.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    So for me, the Crystal armor is appearing opaque and I don't know how to fix that and it doesn't appear that anyone else has been having the issue. What can I do to fix this? On top of that it all feels a bit washed out :/ If I just use all those emission maps you guys have been sharing with each other will it fix this stuff?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    So for me, the Crystal armor is appearing opaque and I don't know how to fix that and it doesn't appear that anyone else has been having the issue. What can I do to fix this? On top of that it all feels a bit washed out :/ If I just use all those emission maps you guys have been sharing with each other will it fix this stuff?
    The emission maps I uploaded will only make blocks glow like they do in-game. In order to make transparent blocks work you have to switch the transparency option on for the appropriate material in the 3d settings. when its on just select the texture sheet of that material and it should work. Normally it should work on its default setting but on some rare occasions you may have to play with the settings.
    [doublepost=1475875906,1475875754][/doublepost]For example if you have mtl_0 selected then you need to select the mtl_0 texture sheet in order for the transparency to work

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    The emission maps I uploaded will only make blocks glow like they do in-game. In order to make transparent blocks work you have to switch the transparency option on for the appropriate material in the 3d settings. when its on just select the texture sheet of that material and it should work. Normally it should work on its default setting but on some rare occasions you may have to play with the settings.
    [doublepost=1475875906,1475875754][/doublepost]For example if you have mtl_0 selected then you need to select the mtl_0 texture sheet in order for the transparency to work
    Ah thanks! I got the transparency set up now as it should be. I am gonna use those emission maps you made now for the lights so my whole ship isn't glowing lol.

Reactions: Crimson-Artist
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Trying to export my ships but my starmade always goes down to 1 fps and hangs up no matter the size of the ship.

Am i missing something?

Edit: reinstalled game now only big ships crash the game...

Last edited: